Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 01-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
Nah, Porter wasn't the first. There were several other people running around with the Koni/GC years before Porter. Porter did popularize the upgrade though.
Yes Jason just fitted the 370 in/lbs springs in, so that the suspension didn't move. I think he did Green's as well.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:22 AM
5 speed 4 sure

Registered SVX
Small World.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:34 PM

Unhappy

I heard something about the eg33 is just a lengthend ej22 with an extra engine mount at the front? Not sure where I heard it from.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to LiquidForce
the motor mounts are in the same place on the ej22t, ej257 and the eg33. I dropped the engine in the other day and the mounts lined up with no problems. The only thing is I don't have the tranny in the car so I am not sure at which angle the engine should tilt back. The uppipe clears the crossmember at some angles and not others . Kind of a worthless test but I was curious.

I need to hurry up and get the transmission mounted. Anyone here want to make some money by modifying my transmission crossmember for me?
Old 01-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Get in touch with avppow, he does 5mt trannie X-members. I only do them when I am doing the swap, I don't have an extra car laying around to fab one up with

Tom
Old 01-31-2006, 05:11 PM
The Deviant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidForce
the motor mounts are in the same place on the ej22t, ej257 and the eg33. I dropped the engine in the other day and the mounts lined up with no problems. The only thing is I don't have the tranny in the car so I am not sure at which angle the engine should tilt back. The uppipe clears the crossmember at some angles and not others . Kind of a worthless test but I was curious.
I'm attempting a built STi turbo 2.5 and 6mt swap as well (my EG33 died a horrid death, and the tranny was marginal at best). I have all of my parts on order, and they should be here by week's end. I'm pretty sure it will be fairly straight forward, but I have a few reservations that aren't engine/transmission related.

LF, have you thought about the signals to the variable power steering or HVAC/etc. electronics? Since we won't be able to use the stock ECU, I'm slightly concerned about any signal-incompatabilities that could crop up. I'm sure they are comparable (i.e. HVAC supplies a "I'm on." signal to the ECU to kick up idle, but the HVAC system also gets engine speed inputs (tach?). The wipers and ABS get signals from the ECU too (I think the ABS does-could be wrong). I know, I know, superficial, but it helps make the SVX a SVX If you encounter anything, or have thoughts about this, please let us know...
Old 01-31-2006, 05:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
as far as stand alones go im very wet behind the ears to say the least but...couldnt you leave the stock ecu in place and tap into the wires needed and leave the stock ecu to control the non essential stuff like ac wipers, signals and all that stuff??? Or do stand alones offer control of that stuff as well? I thought the idea of a stand alone was more of engine and fuel control versus total system control? I figured id throw it out there for more of knowlege for myself versus input.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:37 PM
The Deviant

I know that's what I'm going to try - keeping as much of the stock ECU to provide everything for the ancilary stuff. Some trail and error will surely be the way it will end up for both of us...
Old 01-31-2006, 05:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
right on well i wish you both the best of luck...With the pinout of the ecu you guys should have no problems...
Old 01-31-2006, 06:03 PM

Send a message via MSN to LiquidForce
Deviant,

On the WRX there is a separate ecu for the ABS. I don't know about the SVX. If its integrated then that could pose even more issues. I doubt the AC and power steering will be a problem. I don't know about the wipers though. I didn't know those were controlled by the ECU. Another thing you may need is a fuel pump controller and the wiring for that as well.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:16 PM
The Deviant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidForce
Deviant,

On the WRX there is a separate ecu for the ABS. I don't know about the SVX. If its integrated then that could pose even more issues. I doubt the AC and power steering will be a problem. I don't know about the wipers though. I didn't know those were controlled by the ECU. Another thing you may need is a fuel pump controller and the wiring for that as well.
Coolio. Just wondering on those. I can't wait until one of us gets this done. I'm so stoked to see the results.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
The wipers are speed sensitive.

The A/C shuts off in Power mode.

I'm sure I've heard that when the ABS engages the tranny is supposed to shift to 3rd gear. Not an issue with a manual tranny
Old 02-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Does the A/C shut off in power mode or at WOT? If not then my A/C is still on when doing WOT runs with it on. Considering that I do not have power mode just like all other 5/6mt members

Tom
Old 02-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I've always understood it was power mode that turns off the A/C. It's too cold here for me to test the theory right now
Old 03-27-2006, 12:22 AM
THAWA

The A/C clutch is disengaged when you get close to WOT.