Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-05-2001, 11:20 PM
SVXtremist

Talking Just a little update about my SVX...

Well hello everyone, it's been awhile since I've posted, but that is because I've been busy lately. Well I have fixed just about every problem I've had with my SVX, at least every problem that I know of. You may remember that the rear passenger side tire was rubbing against the car body, well I got that fixed. And also my resonator, it rattled like none other, but not anymore. Had it taken out and replaced with a straight pipe for $20 at a local shop. (I had to look around for awhile). It sounds absolutely wonderful now. Also my front brakes were driving me crazy with their squeeking and squealing. I had it checked out by two shops, both said there was nothing they could see wrong with them. The front brakes that is. Well, I bought some new pads, and replaced them myself. no squeak at all. Also, something was loose (on the brakes) and would rattle when I would hit a bump. I took care of that as well. Sooo I'm pretty darn happy. Next thing I'm gonna do is have my windows re-tinted a little bit darker, and then I'm gonna take off 100,000 miles. Ok I'm making that last part up lol but man if only we could. Hey by the way, I really want to thank everyone here for their help, you guys have no clue how much it is appreciated. If anyone needs help with their front brakes, just ask. Also I was wondering, has anyone seen that stuff that's like tire paint?? I saw some of it at Auto Zone, it's a sparkly blue and sparkly red, you put it on your tires. I'm gonna get some tomorow and see how it looks. Oooh and another thing. I had my senior pictures taken last week. Two of my three favorite things were in some of the pictures. There was my Guitar, and then my SVX. If I can get this stupid scanner to scan, I'll post them for you all. Ok this is long enough. Thanks again for all your input, it is much appreciated.

Allen
Old 11-06-2001, 12:26 AM
One teal and One yellow

Re: Just a little update about my SVX...

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXtremist
I took care of that as well. Sooo I'm pretty darn happy. Next thing I'm gonna do is have my windows re-tinted a little bit darker, and then I'm gonna take off 100,000 miles.

I saw some of it at Auto Zone, it's a sparkly blue and sparkly red, you put it on your tires. I'm gonna get some tomorow and see how it looks.

Allen
it's nice that you've taken care all of your problems. mine not yet! i don't have that time.

tint your windows? do your windows have those **straight-line scratches**??? this is due to some internal parts turned bad when we wind up/down our windows so it got scratched.
that's not very possible to remove those scratches to me, unless if you change your windows and the things?? tint the window may be an idea to make those scratches not so obvious. but it won't make those special windows not as special, if you tint too dark and if your color is dark color. just thinking what should i do...

what tire paint? spray on the tire sidewall and make it shinny at night? catch more attention? any reflection? let us know!

and, wait for favorite pics.

PS. yours is 92? it came with R12 or R134a(AC refrigerant)? just wanna know.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 11-06-2001, 06:34 AM
Lowered SVX

hmmmm.....

i think i may have that brake rattle too. what did you do to make it stop rattling. sometimes i even get a little pop....
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 11-06-2001, 10:47 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
SVXTREMIST! Congrats on fixing all your little bugs. It's good to be happy! Meanwhile, please do post some pics -- however please DON'T post pics with your tires painted -- Lunch is a terrible thing to waste.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI