Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Wow, this predates most of us
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Mr. Inappropriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2skullz View Post
Yeah, some people in the world seriously suck. I used to have a Jeep Wrangler, with the soft top. One morning on the way to work, I noticed a pizza sized hole cut out of my pass. window. The brilliant thief tried to rip out my stero, with no success, even though the face plate was not attached, so he apparently got upset and stole my electronic thermometer / clock. It was only a $10 item, but since the sensor was hard wired through the firewall, when he tore the display out, he broke the wire. All he got was a clock! Of course the plastic window ran me $190... grrrr

When I was living in NH, I was awakened by my neighbor and told that someone was breaking into my Camaro (no IROC jokes, please). It turned out to be 2 teenagers. They had pryed the lock out of the door to unlock it, and attempted to peel the column, but they bent the starter cable pulley. That was real luck for me, because had they known what they were doing, the car would be gone.
I went out the rear exit of my building, after calling the Police, snuck around the side, walked up to the car, to see the 2 kids trying to rip out my radio, and not paying any attention to what or who was outside the car. The pass door was still shut, and they didn't know that the lock was broken... hehehe. I kicked the drivers side door shut and basicly locked the two inside the car. They freaked! The kid in the drivers seat tried to get out, until he saw a 9mm pointed at him, and I told (OK, shrieked) them not to move, and not to even talk. Every neighbor's light in the complex went on, to see me pointing a gun at my own car! When the cops finaly arrived, they arrested them both, took my statement and called it a night... I miss NH. If I tried that here in NJ, I'd be serving some serious time.

Seth
Move on down here to Texas. You'd be within legal rights...and legally protected from civil litigation...to have shot and killed both those morons. Well, maybe...during the hours of darkness you can use deadly force to stop vandalism or theft. If the guys throw up their hands and give up you probably can't shoot them....of course if they're dead it's your word against a corpse.

Recent changes to the law down here have given citizens a blank check to kill criminals. We're even protected from being sued for using deadly force.

Okay, there are conditions. If you're in your home/car/place of employment blast away no problem. If you're somewhere else, you have to have a legal right to be there (there are many places that post signs prohibiting the "licensed" carry of a concealed weapon...in such a place you don't have a legal right to be there if you are armed a licensed to carry (outlaw guns and only criminals have guns)) and be using deadly force to stop robbery, kidnapping, or sexual assault. As long as you apply deadly force within the constraints of the law, Texas law protects you from being sued by the punks family.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:29 PM

I think I'll consider moving to Texas later in my life....
Old 02-06-2008, 06:57 PM
AWD..... NOTHING COMES CLOSE

Send a message via AIM to SubaruSVXCrazy
I get scared when I leave it in the parking lot and I leave the area. I actually like leaving my car in a busy parking lot. Incase anybody trys to break in, there will be people watching. I love the alarm. Even tho it goes off on me most of the time.

P.S. As I'm typing this a commercial said "Its a strange felling know your car is stolen." An insurane commercial. LOL; I think
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L #5045 Dark Teal
1992 Subaru Loyale Wagon Gray (SOLD)
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Black Ruby (SOLD)
1969 Subaru 360 Deluxe Ivory White
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi World Rally Blue
1993 Subaru Legacy L Wagon Teal Metallic (SOLD)
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Rally Blue Pearl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-06-2008, 07:23 PM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
actually in nh after dark your allowed to shoot anyone that is on your property without permission...

in nh we have a saying... if you shoot a man for taking one step onto your property, make sure he either falls within the line or you drag him over.

that and "live free or die ...but cant tint your windows"

on a related note your NH break in sounds shockingly alot like my jeep break in in manchester... i hope to christ it wasthe same kids, though i wish you pulled the trigger. this was around the year 2000 when it happened
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)
Old 02-07-2008, 02:29 PM

I don't lock it

Most of the time, when I leave the SVX in a parking lot, I don't lock it. There's nothing in it, no one wants the stock (almost non-removable) radio, and they don't have to break the fixed glass.

Twenty years ago, I owned a Mercedes SL that I slaved over earning the money for. It was in my office parking lot, up against the building in West Los Angeles, and some low-lifes decided they needed it more than I did. I had just put on the hard top for the winter.

They took a crowbar, pried open the driver's door, then chopped a hole in the top of the dash, yanked out the instrument cluster, and hot wired the back of the ignition switch.

The police found the car three days later, in a REALLY bad neighborhood,

minus alloy wheels, hard top, sheepskins, radio, and my camera outfit that had been locked in the trunk. At some point they had walked on the seats with hobnail boots.

Happily, I had just done a complete photo shoot of the car for an article I was writing, so the insurance company paid off in full. Bought all new camera gear, thought I'd fix the car, but then sold it. Drove several POS vehicles for a couple of years, got divorced, bought an Alfa Spider, and worked my way back up to the three cars in my fleet now.

I hate street life!

Paul
'93 Mercury (Aussie) Capri
Old 02-07-2008, 06:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroneko_sama View Post
actually in nh after dark your allowed to shoot anyone that is on your property without permission...

in nh we have a saying... if you shoot a man for taking one step onto your property, make sure he either falls within the line or you drag him over.

that and "live free or die ...but cant tint your windows"

on a related note your NH break in sounds shockingly alot like my jeep break in in manchester... i hope to christ it wasthe same kids, though i wish you pulled the trigger. this was around the year 2000 when it happened
with gun laws like that tinted windows is the LAST thing you need
need work done? Have tools will travel
Old 02-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Locker Link Solution

dumb s@$# who went after my SVX apparently broke the pass window while trying to pry it out to reach inside... got in, discovered that like ALL my cars it is impossible to hotwire apparently tried to remove my $650 stereo, but couldn't figure that out either They overlooked the center console which had my "just in case" debit card, PDA, CDs, and spare keys to my house which I had made that day and forgot to bring in!

The police actually called me to inform me of it. It was the ONE night I parked it in a public lot . Getting that window fixed took I think it was two or three months and one of the most aggrivating experiences of my life.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 02-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Locker Link Solution

perhaps a a better idea would be to leave a post-it note or something on the car like this....

Hello, I plan to break into your car. Please mail a check of some mutually beneficial amount to this address: ...blah..blah.blah so that it works out better for both of us. Look forward to working with you again in the future.

Thank you,
Reiley B Dumas
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?