How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX
Re: i dont know why they pissed me off so much, help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
A guy driving a celica. Bhah-ha HAHAHAHA!!!

That's like a guy driving a VW Cabrio!
Celicas are really only cool if it's the GT-S... the GT-S had the 3S-GE twin cam 2 liter, which was also the same as the MR2. SOME Celicas were turbo from the factory, most we all-trac (AWD) but they are relatively rare. Regular Celica GTs just have the 3SFE which is the same twin-cam 2 liter as the Camry, and the normal non-GT Celicas have the same 1.6 liter as the Corolla.

Newer Celicas (triangle headlights) either have the 1ZZFE (corolla motor) in the GT, and the 2ZZGE comes in the Celica GT-S, it's the same 1.8L as the 1ZZFE but it pushes more horsepower (180ish, can't remember the exact number) and has dual VVTL-i (variable valve timing and lift - intelligence) where the 1ZZ just has VVT-i on the intake cam. This engine is also used in the Corolla XRS, Matrix XRS, and Pontiac Vibe GT.

I have seen a 3SGTE (turbo celica motor) swapped into a Camry before...

But yeah, unless he has money coming out of his ears, he wouldn't have a 1200HP SVX... Being that he is a Toyota head, he probably thinks that because getting 1200HP out of a Supra with the 1JZ twin turbo 3 liter straight six isn't all that uncommon, that you can do the same with an SVX...
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta
Old 03-22-2009, 09:40 PM
95 Laguna Blue 5 Speed
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via AIM to jokethis89

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsm484 View Post
.... Sounds like to me you need to let them know their Muffler bearings sound loose, and they mite want to change their blinker fluid when they get a chance

HAHAHAAHAAHHAAHAHAAA!!!!

I also (unfortunately and hopefully for not much longer) work at advance auto, and the ricer pricks get on my everlasting nerves. There are a few of us that actually have knowledge about cars but I would say the majority does not.

That's all I'm going to say for now its easy to get heated thinking about it.

(BTW its hilarious to watch one of them search for muffler bearings for like half an hour...)

-Shane
Old 03-22-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondasucks View Post
Celicas are really only cool if it's the GT-S... the GT-S had the 3S-GE twin cam 2 liter, which was also the same as the MR2. SOME Celicas were turbo from the factory, most we all-trac (AWD) but they are relatively rare. Regular Celica GTs just have the 3SFE which is the same twin-cam 2 liter as the Camry, and the normal non-GT Celicas have the same 1.6 liter as the Corolla.

Newer Celicas (triangle headlights) either have the 1ZZFE (corolla motor) in the GT, and the 2ZZGE comes in the Celica GT-S, it's the same 1.8L as the 1ZZFE but it pushes more horsepower (180ish, can't remember the exact number) and has dual VVTL-i (variable valve timing and lift - intelligence) where the 1ZZ just has VVT-i on the intake cam. This engine is also used in the Corolla XRS, Matrix XRS, and Pontiac Vibe GT.

I have seen a 3SGTE (turbo celica motor) swapped into a Camry before...

But yeah, unless he has money coming out of his ears, he wouldn't have a 1200HP SVX... Being that he is a Toyota head, he probably thinks that because getting 1200HP out of a Supra with the 1JZ twin turbo 3 liter straight six isn't all that uncommon, that you can do the same with an SVX...
i think you mean the 2jz out of a mkiv
whos getting over 1000hp out of mkiii's ? lol
Old 03-23-2009, 12:56 AM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
i think you mean the 2jz out of a mkiv
whos getting over 1000hp out of mkiii's ? lol
I thought the mk3 had the 7M? And isn't the 2JZ the Altezza/IS300 motor? I could be wrong though... I'm not up on my Supras, not very many of them come in to my work, at least not the newer ones. We had a beat to hell 3rd gen turbo Supra come in, I was hoping the guy would trade it in so I could buy and and put the drive train in the Cressida I had at the time...
1986 VW Jetta
Old 03-23-2009, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondasucks View Post
I thought the mk3 had the 7M? And isn't the 2JZ the Altezza/IS300 motor? I could be wrong though... I'm not up on my Supras, not very many of them come in to my work, at least not the newer ones. We had a beat to hell 3rd gen turbo Supra come in, I was hoping the guy would trade it in so I could buy and and put the drive train in the Cressida I had at the time...
heres a quick chart on the mark3

and the 2jz was in a couple of other vehicles, however only as the non turbo variant, the 2JZ-GE.
the 'good' one (2JZ-GTE) was only in the mark4 supra, and in the JDM Aristo i believe

for the record, i'm no 'yota buff, never even having owned one
but a friend of mine is an overzelaous mk4 owner, and theyre a cocky bunch. love to chat it up
Old 03-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX

Quote:
Sounds like to me you need to let them know their Muffler bearings sound loose
....the svx came with a muffler bearing form the factory....
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 03-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Sconnie

Send a message via MSN to paulmeisterpk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Ha, ya know whats funny, someone I know got denied a job there because he "didn't have enough knowledge" so a few days later he asked them to look up a radiator for an '83 Corvette
I must be one of the only corvette guys on the forum as nobody had commented on this yet. I should try that next time I go to the parts store.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmeisterpk View Post
I must be one of the only corvette guys on the forum as nobody had commented on this yet. I should try that next time I go to the parts store.
Yes apparently, I thought it would get some remarks but I guess not.

For those who obviously aren't corvette people, there was no Vette in 83 other than some leftovers from 82 and there were some prototype 83's but all but one were demolished and that one is in the Corvette museum.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Subaru Technician

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Yes apparently, I thought it would get some remarks but I guess not.

For those who obviously aren't corvette people, there was no Vette in 83 other than some leftovers from 82 and there were some prototype 83's but all but one were demolished and that one is in the Corvette museum.

lol I knew this, but didn't say anything. There is another year (84?) that they didn't import and Jaguars into the US, but I can't remember the exact year.

Funny side story, but related:

Friend of mine used to work at Schuck's auto parts, and me and another buddy were in there screwing with him, and he's like "What do you guys need, a lower radiator hose for a VW bug?" and my buddy said something about needing plugs, wires, cap and rotor for a diesel VW Rabbit, and I made a crack about some other non-existant car part, and both him and the other guy were chuckling at us like yeah, you guys think we're morons... So then I fire off with "I need front rotors for a 2003 Camaro" and the other guy goes "Oh we have those!!" and starts looking in the computer...
1986 VW Jetta
Old 03-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Parts Hook-Up

Every time I hear the joke about muffler bearings I always think of the SVX!
Annapolis, MD 21401
443-837-1422

www.AnnapolisSubaru.com

Jackie.Whetzler@AnnapolisSubaru.com