Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southeast Region

Old 03-28-2002, 06:27 PM
greg

Angry I'm in desperate need of help!

I have had some major work done on my car. let me start by explaining the completed work then my problem.
A rebuilt transmission, water pump, from engine seal, powersteering pump and switch, timming belt, transmission mount, transmission external oil cooler, oil pump and o-ring, engine flush, starter, and one wheel bearing.
My problem: After the car has been in the shop for a very long time I go to pick it up the other day and I find that the AIRBAG light is on, the A/C is not working, the cruise control is not working, and the horn will not blow. The A/C they said needed freon and they did that no charge. but the AIRBAG they claim to be some central control...$888.00!!! and they do not as of this time know what the problem is with the horn or cruise!
Does anyone know what the deal is...is there a fuse that would be responsible for the AIRBAG light or the AIRBAG, horn and cruise??? That is my guess and I do not want to get ripped anymore! HELP!??
Old 03-29-2002, 05:47 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
There is a fuse for the airbag system, don't know offhand if it has anything to do with the horn or cruise control, but I'd pull every fuse out and check them (under the dash & under the hood) as this wouldn't cost anything to do, and could very well be the culprit, then I'd check for loose conections under the hood where the work was preformed.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 03-29-2002, 06:48 AM
greg

I checked the owners manual for the fuses, none seem to be linked. Airbag has 2. cruise on one and horn is even on another??
The car is still in the shop (where they are trying to rape me for every cent) and I don't have the priveledge to peek for myself!
??? I do not know what will happen when each fuse is pulled one by one (somtimes they are somehow linked even though they do not say so....)

AIRBAG = 8 and 16(with ignition)
Horn = 12(with brake light)
Cruise = 18(with ABS and powersteering)

????????
-Greg
Old 03-29-2002, 07:22 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
I had a '91 Dodge Stealth, that had some wiring dealie in the wheel go bad,

so I had no horn, radio controls, or airbag.

It's som sort or curcular wire thingy, that no matter where you steering wheel is at there is always a point where it can make connection.

It was something in the $600-700 range if i remember right.
Old 03-29-2002, 10:42 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
There is an item called a 'clockspring' in most recent cars, in the SVX it appears to be a part of the combination switch. The clockspring could affect the cruise and SRS.

It's pretty simple, if you don't trust them get the car out of there and go elsewhere.

Beav

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: