Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-23-2001, 08:45 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
Thumbs up Here's a window decal I'd put on my car :-)

pretty funny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg calvin.jpg (64.4 KB, 213 views)
Old 10-24-2001, 08:46 AM
oneothefewproud

Kev,

Very nice.

Wayne
Old 10-24-2001, 08:50 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Funny, but I still wouldn't put it on my car. I had a hard time sticking the SVX Network decal to my windshield, and I only did because it's not permanent.

I have a hard time understanding the Calvin-peeing stickers. I mean, okay, so you like your Ford - why bother telling the world that you despise Chevrolets because you don't own one? What a dumbass thing to do.

They're both POS American vehicles anyway.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-24-2001, 09:10 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Funny, but I still wouldn't put it on my car. I had a hard time sticking the SVX Network decal to my windshield, and I only did because it's not permanent.

I have a hard time understanding the Calvin-peeing stickers. I mean, okay, so you like your Ford - why bother telling the world that you despise Chevrolets because you don't own one? What a dumbass thing to do.

They're both POS American vehicles anyway.
I'm with ya, there cube (except for the "POS American vehicles thing). I place no stickers on my car unless they're "cling-ons." The only reason I put the "Network" stickers on my car was because they were "tastefully" desinged and rather classy looking. Steve Wasion, upon first seeing my car, thought it was a factory sticker of some kind.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-24-2001, 09:22 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

I'm with ya, there cube (except for the "POS American vehicles thing
Without getting too deply into it, my reasons are objective, so don't get offended and think there's any animosity behind it. American manufacturers simply don't build cars that are as reliable as their Japanese counterparts. That can't be argued against while still being reasonable.

Which isn't to say there aren't American cars I don't like. I just place reliability above everything in a daily-driving car, and I don't see build quality or dependability on the top of the list for attributes of most American cars.

The Calvin stickers say something different to me. They don't say, 'I prefer Fords (or Chevrolets or Dodges) because their features or styling appeal to me more than what other manufacturers offer.' They say instead, 'I hate people who drive <insert manufacturer>'s vehicles.'

That's what they say to me. Jeez, hate a car company, whatever - but hating people for the car they drive is simply insane. Get your priorities straight.

Every time I see one of those stickers it just makes me nuts. I mean, really - do you honestly have nothing more important to say to the strangers in the car behind you?

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 10-24-2001 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:04 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Without getting too deply into it, my reasons are objective, so don't get offended and think there's any animosity behind it. American manufacturers simply don't build cars that are as reliable as their Japanese counterparts. That can't be argued against while still being reasonable.

Which isn't to say there aren't American cars I don't like. I just place reliability above everything in a daily-driving car, and I don't see build quality or dependability on the top of the list for attributes of most American cars.

The Calvin stickers say something different to me. They don't say, 'I prefer Fords (or Chevrolets or Dodges) because their features or styling appeal to me more than what other manufacturers offer.' They say instead, 'I hate people who drive <insert manufacturer>'s vehicles.'

That's what they say to me. Jeez, hate a car company, whatever - but hating people for the car they drive is simply insane. Get your priorities straight.

Every time I see one of those stickers it just makes me nuts. I mean, really - do you honestly have nothing more important to say to the strangers in the car behind you?
I'm not offended. It's all objective. The most dependable car I've ever owned (and I've told the story before) was a Ford that I sold for 100.00 to a guy who was going to remove the engine and put it in his pickup truck. It had 365K on it and never gave me a moment's trouble. The wife's Dodge Caravan has 130K on it and aside from general maintenance and an air conditioner repair, it has been sound as a dollar. I've also had a Chevy that dropped Cylinder #1 at just over 80K and a Ford that lost its tranny at 40K and a blown engine in a Mercury at 130K. The SVX is only my 2nd Japanese car, so I really have nothing to compare things to from personal experience. The Suzuki had over 130K when I traded it, but I'd only had it for a couple of years -- it was flawlessly dependable (except for a wheel bearing) in that two years. I've had family members who refused to drive anything but a Ford product, because of their dependability and others who'd buy noting but Dodge -- it's all relative. Meanwhile, I'm also with you on the Calvin thing . . . along with "No Fear" "Ain't Skeered" and the whole, childish mess of it. But, to each their own.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-24-2001, 10:11 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:

I'm not offended. It's all objective. The most dependable car I've ever owned (and I've told the story before) was a Ford that I sold for 100.00 to a guy who was going to remove the engine and put it in his pickup truck. It had 365K on it and never gave me a moment's trouble. The wife's Dodge Caravan has 130K on it and aside from general maintenance and an air conditioner repair, it has been sound as a dollar. I've also had a Chevy that dropped Cylinder #1 at just over 80K and a Ford that lost its tranny at 40K and a blown engine in a Mercury at 130K. The SVX is only my 2nd Japanese car, so I really have nothing to compare things to from personal experience. The Suzuki had over 130K when I traded it, but I'd only had it for a couple of years -- it was flawlessly dependable (except for a wheel bearing) in that two years. I've had family members who refused to drive anything but a Ford product, because of their dependability and others who'd buy noting but Dodge -- it's all relative. Meanwhile, I'm also with you on the Calvin thing . . . along with "No Fear" "Ain't Skeered" and the whole, childish mess of it. But, to each their own.
I've heard stories like that from many American car owners, and that's great...

...screw it, I'm not going to go and start an argument where there isn't one...

Everyone enjoy their day.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 10-24-2001, 03:27 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
I lied I don't put any stickers on unless they are clings I almost cried when I had to stick the parking pass on it while I was @ college.

my old car (my buddy bought it from me) still has little bits of the sticker on it
Old 10-24-2001, 03:57 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by cocacola08
I lied I don't put any stickers on unless they are clings I almost cried when I had to stick the parking pass on it while I was @ college.

my old car (my buddy bought it from me) still has little bits of the sticker on it
My wife used to babysit her conductor's (choir, not train) kids when she was in college. One day, in the car, one of the kids peeled off the $10 parking pass cling-sticker, opened the window, and tossed it out.

Sorry, that's the only car-and-sticker story I have.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 10-24-2001, 09:49 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool

Quote:

Time to brag on my '87 235K Chrysler AGAIN. Besides belts, brakes, batteries & tires; OK - one alternator & a collapsed headliner, NOTHING ever broke including the turbo, tranny & A/C. It's the DRIVER, guys, & of course, I'm perfect in every way, just like the rest of us SVXaholics. Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.