Go smaller and forget about safety 0 0%
Go broke and buy a real one 7 63.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2003, 08:01 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Rear View Mirror (Poll)

The other day I officially got tired of my floppy mirror so I decided to take it apart. Well I broke the glass taking it out, but that doesn't really matter because it turns out the piece that the ball thing rests in was snapped in half and another part was missing so it would always be floppy. So now I replaced the mirror with a universal one. I was going to attach the new mirror to the old arm but they are not compatible (already looked around for one that would work, this was the one I thought would work best). Right now it is screwed in to where the old one used to be using an assortment of screws and washers I had lying around (it's a little loose but that can easily be fixed if I were to buy the right size screws). It looks like it was *almost* supposed to go there. The problem is because the new mirror is on a slightly longer arm but at a steeper angle the mirror is closer to my face (about 3") and I cannot flip down the drivers side visor because the mirror is in the way. Here's where the poll comes in because I am indecisive and don't want to do anything that people think would harm the car (beyond breaking the original ). Should I:

A:Leave it the way it is now and just tighten it;
B:Glue the mirror to the window (fixes the two problems but might not look as good and will leave an empty void where the old one was);
C:Buy a small mirror and screw it in (if I get an 8" mirror it should miss the visor but I'll lose 2" of viewing space);
D:Take out a loan and buy a new mirror from subaru (they cost about $100 so that's really not an option)

Sorry for my almost pointless post, just wanted to see what other people thought, right now I'm leaning towards glueing the mirror on.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300