How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-12-2015, 12:39 AM

Registered SVX
Cams again.

So lets talk cams again. I read some of the old threads and it seemed like the general concensus was a 240 duration and 8mm lift cam was a good start. I called Delta to see what they offer as a street cam and it was a 264 at 10.16mm lift. Wasnt that decided to be a bit much last time? The car is going to stay n/a for a while but I would like to add a bit more power.
1992 SVX Pearlie: AmsOil signature synthetic 10w40 and Ea15k20 filter, Cobb crank pulley, Outlaw Engineering spacers and tb bypass, LGT 5spd, Slotted Crossdrilled rotors and ceramic pads, 11:1 compression, EGR delete, Port & Polished heads, SaikoMichi catch can, A/c delete.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:11 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Cams again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop View Post
So lets talk cams again. I read some of the old threads and it seemed like the general concensus was a 240 duration and 8mm lift cam was a good start. I called Delta to see what they offer as a street cam and it was a 264 at 10.16mm lift. Wasnt that decided to be a bit much last time? The car is going to stay n/a for a while but I would like to add a bit more power.
Too much lift with the stock valves and springs. Check the old threads again. I believe that 9mm is safe. Duration should be fine

Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 07-12-2015, 07:09 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Cams again.

I dont wanna go crazy on it, from the reading it sounded like 240-244 duration was great with just that 1mm more lift.
1992 SVX Pearlie: AmsOil signature synthetic 10w40 and Ea15k20 filter, Cobb crank pulley, Outlaw Engineering spacers and tb bypass, LGT 5spd, Slotted Crossdrilled rotors and ceramic pads, 11:1 compression, EGR delete, Port & Polished heads, SaikoMichi catch can, A/c delete.