Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Re: CAI Feeler

I have been dealing with my own issues here with "Truspeed".

I ordered KMAC camber plates April 14th 2011. I waited and waited as Johnny was supposedly given the run-around by KMAC. I finally cancelled my order when I started parting out my car back the beginning of this year. Johnny was supposed to refund my money and I waited and waited on that. Now finally a month ago he said he was putting a check in the mail. I waited almost two weeks and nothing came in the mail. I texted him and asked him what was going on and when he finally replied, he said that the envelope had mistakenly not been picked up by the mailman. So, he then supposedly mailed it back out. 2 weeks later still nothing... I texted him again asking what was going on. He replied the next day that the letter had shown up back at his place because of a typo in the address. He fixed the typo and now has supposedly mailed it back out.
I have gotten exasperated with Johnny over the past year and a half but for the most part have been pretty patient. What I cannot stand is BS lying. Typo? Come on, you can butcher an address on an envelope and it will most likely still get through. I have received mail with the wrong street number, wrong zip code, etc.. Those pieces of mail got through, so what did he typo so badly that caused my refund check to be returned to sender?

If he is having a hard time financially, I can understand. It is this BS about mailmen forgetting to pick the mail up and typo's that I cannot stand.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 12-15-2012, 09:23 AM

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

And for what it is worth working with YT, OT, LAN, and Mychailo were great experiences in excellent customer service and they have all served this board tremendously.

My hat is off to all 4 of you.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 12-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Yeah I'm with you. I'd rather hear that the project hit a dead-end and the money is gone than to be kept in perpetual suspense.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
This is what has been ordered, pics to come. That is all
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Not looking at it right. It goes through the fender somewhere around that last coupler. Otherwise, the filter would be sitting where the ABS is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Why in the name of hell are all of you being such dicks to Johnybeas? I would LOVE to see ANY of you develop a custom product, test and tune it, then sell it on a professional market. These things take TIME. So gawd damn what if it takes longer that projected. He's making a custom component for a car that has little to no after market support. F'ing deal with it. All I hear from svx owners is bitc'ing and butthurt. You dont like it? Then why dont YOU (cam) "Man the F'ck up" and make your own parts? Go buy copious amounts of polished tube aluminum, purchase a mandril tube bender, become skilled in tig welding, and get your ass to fabricating instead of bitc'ing and harassing one of the few people who actually give a s'hit enough about what our cars are capable of.
Im making performance parts for My car. Ill be selling them in batches if they work. Johnybeas is making parts FOR our cars. For our market. Just for svx owners. I could, in all honesty, give a rats ass if you buy the speed parts that im making. Im not making them for you. He is.
It will get done and im certain that you all will be pleased with the results.
Chill out.
*rant over*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
one more of the bypass:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
Yeah I'm with you. I'd rather hear that the project hit a dead-end and the money is gone than to be kept in perpetual suspense.
Ok, read this thread page by page. Wow never cared to follow it from the beginning. Only if I knew there was a lot of excitement around here...

Johny from where I see it, you undertook something you are not able to achieve with your automotive experience. This goes beyond your capabilities and contacts.

No one on this forum developed something out of people's money. I had my share with this, starting with the front swaybar bushings out of teflon ages ago, paid for them out of my own pocket before sending them out to Pavan as a bulk.

In anyways the solution to this is simple: all those who contributed to this project be given the stock that you have in terms of filters and custom bits for the intake system. The prototype and existing contacts be given to someone knowledgeable on this forum who can take over and wrap up before the year 2014 (next two years). Trust me and wash your hands from all this and keep that small sample of dignity you still have.

If it was me scr8wed with his $$$ I would definitely bash you with your current suppliers and related other forums your are linked with.

Oh and BTW, the "last bend" and filter of the prototype you have shown will definitely not fit inside the SVX fender. I have worked extensively on that part of the car and I am 100% sure that yours is short to fit under there.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:16 AM

Just as an update to my previous post... I did receive a check in the mail yesterday and deposited it this morning.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 12-19-2012, 05:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
Just as an update to my previous post... I did receive a check in the mail yesterday and deposited it this morning.
That's fantastic! Hopefully this is a trend and he makes right with others. Has anyone else received any communication from him that indicates he's issuing refunds?
2001 Audi S8
Old 12-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
I would not spend a penny until you know that it clears.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 12-19-2012, 08:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
Good point.
2001 Audi S8
Old 12-25-2012, 09:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to thickasxthieves
Registered SVX

"Well here we are with another update, I'm still working hard on this project pushing as hard as I can without burning bridges and halting this project in its entirety. I was supposed to receive the first intake last week, it has yet to show up, I've given him (Jerod the bender) all the stuff he needs to get it done, I am trying my hardest to get him to finish them and get them out to me, but I've been having trouble getting actual results. I've got pictures that I sent of the upper section welded, I was told that he was welding the vacuum fittings on and would be shipping it out last week, I called yesterday asking for a tracking number on the intake and when he would have the others done, but he was unable to come to the phone so I left a message for him to call me back with that info. I'm at his mercy as of now, everything else is here and as soon as they come in they will be test fit, dynoed and shipped out."

^^This was the most recent communication I received from Johnny. He sent it to me in a PM on facebook on october 23 2012.
Stage 2 ECUTune chip, 370cc injectors, ECUTune valve body and TCU, solid rubber motor mounts from a forester, outlaw phenolic spacers, COBBTuning lightweight blue crank pulley, Bontragerworks 22mm rear sway bar & endlinks, StrongFlex poly front sway bar bushings, Powergrid adjustable front sway bar endlinks, 17" MOMO CORSE RPM wheels w/ Toyo Proxes4 225/45, drilled/slotted rotors f/r, stainless lines, ceramic pads, Blue silicone radiator hoses, power mode switch, gold jdm hood badge, 20% tint all around, Hella optilux xtreme yellow fog bulbs

parts waiting to go on car: the rest of the strongflex polyurethane suspension bushing set
Old 12-27-2012, 05:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to thickasxthieves
Registered SVX

And no sooner had I posted that last message, I get a new one from johnny today:

"Well here we are with another update, I just received the final prototype that reflects the final product minus a few minor changes to locations of vacuum fittings. It looks absolutely awesome and I hope you can see from the pictures, somewhat of what the final product is going to look like. I realize this has not been an ideal time table for any of us, however we are coming to the close. I am sending the final revisions to the bender now and he will be attaching the vacuum fittings and shipping out all the intakes to me very soon. I will have them hardened, polish them and package them up with the instruction manuals and all the pieces that will come in the kit. I will have the dyno numbers emailed to you as well as final pictures for you to drool over while you wait for your package to arrive. Thanks you for your continued patience and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!"

included were 4 pictures that showed vacuum fitting locations with highlights of some that need to be repositioned and a shot of the whole intake. I dont have sufficient techno wizard skills to put em on here, but perhaps someone else in the group buy can.
Stage 2 ECUTune chip, 370cc injectors, ECUTune valve body and TCU, solid rubber motor mounts from a forester, outlaw phenolic spacers, COBBTuning lightweight blue crank pulley, Bontragerworks 22mm rear sway bar & endlinks, StrongFlex poly front sway bar bushings, Powergrid adjustable front sway bar endlinks, 17" MOMO CORSE RPM wheels w/ Toyo Proxes4 225/45, drilled/slotted rotors f/r, stainless lines, ceramic pads, Blue silicone radiator hoses, power mode switch, gold jdm hood badge, 20% tint all around, Hella optilux xtreme yellow fog bulbs

parts waiting to go on car: the rest of the strongflex polyurethane suspension bushing set
Old 12-28-2012, 02:47 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Quote:
I have been dealing with my own issues here with "Truspeed".

I ordered KMAC camber plates April 14th 2011. I waited and waited as Johnny was supposedly given the run-around by KMAC. I finally cancelled my order when I started parting out my car back the beginning of this year. Johnny was supposed to refund my money and I waited and waited on that. Now finally a month ago he said he was putting a check in the mail. I waited almost two weeks and nothing came in the mail. I texted him and asked him what was going on and when he finally replied, he said that the envelope had mistakenly not been picked up by the mailman. So, he then supposedly mailed it back out. 2 weeks later still nothing... I texted him again asking what was going on. He replied the next day that the letter had shown up back at his place because of a typo in the address. He fixed the typo and now has supposedly mailed it back out.
I have gotten exasperated with Johnny over the past year and a half but for the most part have been pretty patient. What I cannot stand is BS lying. Typo? Come on, you can butcher an address on an envelope and it will most likely still get through. I have received mail with the wrong street number, wrong zip code, etc.. Those pieces of mail got through, so what did he typo so badly that caused my refund check to be returned to sender?

If he is having a hard time financially, I can understand. It is this BS about mailmen forgetting to pick the mail up and typo's that I cannot stand.
I'm not too keen on this perpetual complaining and attacking thread but I will respond to this as there are quite a few facts wrong here.

In November of 10 Bobby contacted me asking for a "deal" on the camber plates as he was not willing to pay what they were going for. I obliged and offered him a holiday/forum discount, he was finally ready and asked to submit the order and sent him an invoice on 2/10/12 I had to cancel and resubmit it because there was an issue with his paypal so I submitted another invoice on 3/30/11 he did not pay for it until 4/14/ Nassir had also inquired about the plates shortly after Bobby, and paid immediately(Dec 16th 10), however I told him I wanted to submit one order so I didn't have to charge them both shipping and to cut down on cost. Unfortunately that being the case Nassir had to wait until Bobby paid his invoice. Once paid I submitted the order to K-Mac for one set of Stage II plates and one set of Stage III plates.

K-Mac sent me a set of Stage II's and a set of stage I's that arrived on 5/9/11. I contacted Bobby asking him what he would like to do and that K-Mac had asked that we try and find a buyer for the Stage I's before returning them since they had custom engineered them and it was a product they didn't make before. Bobby said he didn't mind waiting it out to since he wasn't planning on driving the car for quite a few months.

July 11. 2011 I got married and was gone for the following week. Once I returned, I contacted K-Mac requesting that they send the Stage III we had ordered and that we were unable to sell the Stage I's on 7/27/11 . I never received a reply and in August I started calling them and got my calls screened or I would get Kevin and he would tell me he would check the email and get back to me. I continued to try and be patient with K-Mac but still nothing.

In January I emailed them again with no reply. I called again and again. Finally In July I got a hold of him again and Kevin asked me to forward our previous conversations to remind him of what I was talking about because he didn't remember. Still no reply or call back. All this time I was keeping Bobby posted.

October 8th I sent this email to K-Mac:
"Kevin,
I feel I have been more than patient waiting for a reply, I will be calling again today regarding a refund for the incorrect parts sent and return shipping costs. I will be at SEMA this year, should you respond before then I can bring the product with me and return it to you that way, however I need the money back for them now, so that I can refund my customer. I hope to hear from you today.

Respectfully,
John Beasley
TruSpeed Performance"

STILL NO REPLY.

I showed up to K-Mac's booth at SEMA and talked with Kevin face to face and realized that he seems to be suffering from some alzheimer's or something. He had no recollection of any of our conversations. He said I could send them back and swap them out for any other product however didn't offer to refund the money.

So I contacted Bobby again and let him know that info and that I could send him a refund and that I was going to send him two different payments via check because our paypal account is messed up. I wrote out a check for half of the refund and was planning to send it out, addressed it and put it in the mail. Bobby asked me what address I was sending it to and I told him that it was the one I had on file. (the incorrect one) he sent me an updated address so I pulled the check and didn't happen to have the opportunity to readdress and send it out that day so I set it with my paperwork.

I had more money come in the next day so I ripped up the other check and wrote a new one and put it in an envelope and addressed it to what I thought was the correct address but I put the old city with the new address. I set it in my outbox on my desk and I forgot to take it out that day. The following day I sent it out and it ended up coming back undelivered I checked the address and realized my error fixed it put it in a new envelope and sent the check out, and then Bobby received it. All the while I was updating him via facebook and text.

I really don't wanna play this game anymore, so please guys if you have an issue with me or anything like that please don't post in the Johnybeas hating thread anymore and get in contact with me via phone or email. Email is usually easiest for quickest reply.

As far as the actual reason for this thread, as thickastheives stated we are close to the end and will have some results and pictures posted soon as well as product out to customers. Thank you to all of our investors for their continued patience and I hope you all will reconsider once you see the final results.

I will post a new thread with actual info on the product and not this ridiculous debate drama fest once everything is done and shipped. Thank you all for reading.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:51 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
Check cleared on my end on the 20th. I texted Bobby asking if he ever received the check and I never got a reply...
Old 12-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Maniac modifier

One piece of advise for you. Imean this in the most professional way possible. Take responsibility for poor choices. The choice to pick bad vendors is on you and not so much the vendor. It is not helping you blaming someone else.

Tom
Old 12-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
One piece of advise for you. Imean this in the most professional way possible. Take responsibility for poor choices. The choice to pick bad vendors is on you and not so much the vendor. It is not helping you blaming someone else.

Tom
^^ +infinity.

Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 04-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Maniac modifier

A swift kick in the hornets' nest to calm my curiosity... Anything ever come of any of these shenanigans?

Tom
Closed Thread