Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is our SVX for? Pick Primary Use.
Daily Commute 63 79.75%
Weekend Cruise 12 15.19%
AutoShows 1 1.27%
Racing 1 1.27%
Other ?? keep it clean 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2001, 02:51 PM
kvnobrien

Re: World Traveler

Quote:
Originally posted by SvXit
Really. Since I bought my SVX in Dec. of '99, these are the states I've driven it through (in chronological order):

MD, DC, VA, DE, NY, W.VA, PA, OH, IN, IL, MO, OK, TX, NM, AZ, NV, CA, HI, WA, ID, MT, WY, SD, MN, WI, CT, MA, NH, VT, NC, SC, GA, FL

Now that I live in an apartment building with a garage under it, I usually just drive the SVX on the weekends and occasionally in the evenings during the week. After all places it's taken me, I figure it deserves a break here 'n there. What an amazing car!
You forgot one! NEW JERSEY! I was at the Liberty meet and you were getting directions from alex or larry so I know you've been there.
Kev
Old 07-12-2001, 03:15 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
Mines a daily....

I do have another car (newer too) and a sportbike (brand new), however I just don't get the comfort or fun in my other car as I do in my SVX. My sportbike is tons of fun...but not exactly comfortable, and most certainly doesn't have a Mp3 player in it..

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com
Old 07-12-2001, 03:41 PM
black-svx

jscorse, you better give us a wrap up here when this winds down. . you started it after all!

OK at 6-3, I also had to first make sure I fit in the car, and suprisingly, i do quite well, so yes chalk me up in the category for DAILY DRIVER, its all I drive

-Raptor
Old 07-12-2001, 03:45 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: World Traveler

Quote:
Originally posted by SvXit
Really. Since I bought my SVX in Dec. of '99, these are the states I've driven it through (in chronological order):

MD, DC, VA, DE, NY, W.VA, PA, OH, IN, IL, MO, OK, TX, NM, AZ, NV, CA, HI, WA, ID, MT, WY, SD, MN, WI, CT, MA, NH, VT, NC, SC, GA, FL

Now that I live in an apartment building with a garage under it, I usually just drive the SVX on the weekends and occasionally in the evenings during the week. After all places it's taken me, I figure it deserves a break here 'n there. What an amazing car!
Quite Impressive. I believe that, one of these days, you should add KY to the list. When my wife and I went to the VT meet, en route to the snowshoe meet, we went through 14 states in 10 days and logged almost 4K miles:

KY, IN, OH, PA, NY, VT, NH, ME, MA, CT, NJ, MD, VA, WV

In retrospect, we should have swung through RI, just to have made it a COMPLETE New England/Northeastern tour.

"Goodnight you princes of Maine, you Kings of New England."
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-12-2001, 03:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by black-svx
jscorse, you better give us a wrap up here when this winds down. . you started it after all!

OK at 6-3, I also had to first make sure I fit in the car, and suprisingly, i do quite well, so yes chalk me up in the category for DAILY DRIVER, its all I drive

-Raptor
Scroll up to the top, Raptor -- it shows the results as they progress.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 07-12-2001, 03:53 PM
black-svx

Yes I see, I voted too, but sometimes there are trends that the numbers dont show so I'm hoping one of our own can make a summary, that can include the numbers from up top

-raptor
Old 07-12-2001, 06:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Wrap up....later

Let's give a couple of days then I'll see what I can say. So far as I expected most of us are not "well endowed" with two modes road travel. I see at least one has two to include a bike. Race bike definitely fits into the cat. that you wouldn't drive it to work everyday. Fun, a blast, but not for cruisin' I suspect.

I think we have a winner with the longest commute with oneothefewproud, 60miles one way...damn! I thought my 42 miles one way was a pain. Well not really concidering the car I get to drive. )

I think I speak for the majority that we all wish we could keep this wonderful piece of engineering for EVER!

Can't wait to see 2050 and we can ALL look back.....
Old 07-12-2001, 07:23 PM
zsvx

Quote:
Originally posted by Habesha
That's why some of us ride public transportation. But, if you really want a car to satisfy you, have Cobb Tuning build you a B4 Blitzen or Legacy GT STi
I would like to use public transit but my commute isn't that long (maybe 10 - 15 miles one way) so by the time I drove to the light rail station and waited for the train I could have been at work already.

OK, I gotta ask...How much for a Legacy GT STi?
Old 07-12-2001, 08:44 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Weekends and special occasions

I agree with Mr. Pockets, in as much as I try to keep the miles down on SuperRu and make her last. Since I don't have a transmission cooler yet, I avoid stop and go driving in hot weather. I will take her to Beckley or Hinton maybe once a week; most of the miles we have enjoyed together have been Interstate cruising to Indiana, New York, Tennessee or North Carolina. My daily drive is my Swift GT twincam; my wife has her Impreza, which we also take on some trips.

In all honesty, the SVX is everything I have every dreamed of for a personal car. I HATE it that they stopped making them...I would have traded up every few years and owned one until the day they pried my cold hands from the wheel. What a car!
Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 07-12-2001, 08:48 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
The beast is my daily driver now, although my commute both ways is only 24 miles of mostly open roads. I use it for sales calls away from the office, but any call that's in a tow happy area (Wash. D.C.) will result in my driving the '88 Voyager instead. Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 07-13-2001, 07:18 AM
Habesha

Well.....

Quote:
Originally posted by zsvx
OK, I gotta ask...How much for a Legacy GT STi?
Well, last I checked, you'd be paying about $35k for it. That covers the cost of a new Legacy GT, the STi body kit, Cobb Tuning's power and handlign packages, performance clutch, new brake lines, STi short throw shift kit, STi titanium shift knob, STi door sills, an STi badge to replace the Subaru badge on the front of the car, and 17" wheels. Down side (aside from the price) is that you're only going to get between 200 and 230 horses N/A out of the car. Getting a 3rd party twin turbo set up is probably going to tack on another $5-$7k. Of course, if you really spend all $40k (incl twin-turbos), you're going to have one hell of a machine. I figure it to be arpx 370 bhp or so
Old 07-13-2001, 07:35 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Wrap up....later

Quote:
Originally posted by jscorse
Let's give a couple of days then I'll see what I can say. So far as I expected most of us are not "well endowed" with two modes road travel. I see at least one has two to include a bike. Race bike definitely fits into the cat. that you wouldn't drive it to work everyday. Fun, a blast, but not for cruisin' I suspect.

I think we have a winner with the longest commute with oneothefewproud, 60miles one way...damn! I thought my 42 miles one way was a pain. Well not really concidering the car I get to drive. )

I think I speak for the majority that we all wish we could keep this wonderful piece of engineering for EVER!

Can't wait to see 2050 and we can ALL look back.....
Yes, my 40 miles, one way, has been made "butter" by virtue of the amenities of the SVX.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 07-13-2001, 09:00 AM
black-svx

400 miles one way.

well just for today , I am headed to LA area for Summer school, not even gonna have time for fun, I'll be back before I know it. Anyway, I was just thinking that its Friday the 13th, and then that makes me think about my tranny.. . .

where is some wood quick!
Old 07-13-2001, 09:20 AM
Way over-the-hill Member

Daily Driver

Mine is a Daily Driver. I would like to find one to pamper. I use to drive an '87 GL 2dr. but my daughter got sideswiped by a semi and it was totalled.
Old 07-13-2001, 09:32 AM
Habesha

Re: Daily Driver

Quote:
Originally posted by Clydesvx
Mine is a Daily Driver. I would like to find one to pamper. I use to drive an '87 GL 2dr. but my daughter got sideswiped by a semi and it was totalled.
Ouch - Hope she was okay!