Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-30-2001, 07:45 AM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Oinkment?

<Good Lard, this stuff is awful.>

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 06-30-2001, 04:47 PM
Ain't it the truth?

co-local-isms

<tickety-boo. Toodle-pip>

You can always tell when Aredub and the Wild Turkey have reached a meeting in the mind.... Don

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"

Last edited by SVXphile; 06-30-2001 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-30-2001, 05:08 PM
Ain't it the truth?

TSU

...OK...OK...I can't take it anymore. Ron...I havta ask...

TSU Is it (1) a small sneeze...or
(2) a suffix to a Japanese word...or
(3) your alma mater?

Don (I have a bad feeling about this...)

Old 06-30-2001, 09:25 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Re: Pigs?

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXphile
<akin to going to the vet, handing him a pigs liver that you bought at the Safeway store and asking him to install it in yer gut. (Ohhhhh, that's kind of a nasty visual isn't it?)>

Have we done pig jokes? Let me check my little book here...(flip....flip) Lets see....fish jokes....cow jokes.....tater jokes.....zebras and other wildlife....various types of food....members home states....hmmmm...I don't seem to see pigs listed here at all..

Of course I could be bacon a big mistake, so I'll just sit here on the front pork, watch all the little chitlins play in the yard next door, and wait for someone to swine about pig jokes.
Me
Leave it to you to root around and start pig jokes. I can hear the jowls of dismay now.
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.
Old 06-30-2001, 09:36 PM
Lowered SVX

where to begin......

first of all eddy.....this shop said they could do the work. i showed them the instructions, we spoke about the installation. the guy that owns the shop builds dirt track cars so he has experience intalling aftermarket parts and even doing so customization work. this place also does a lot of restoration work. unfortunately the guy working on my car made an error. they have done work for me in the past without problem. as far as taking my car to someone who does not normally work on SVX's......that would include all mechanics, especially the ones that work at suby dealerships......they wouldnt know a SVX from a whole in the ground. (oh wait i was supposed to say their ass from a whole in the ground...oops.) the biggest ***** about owning an SVX, regardless of where you live, is finding a quality mechanic. not all of us worked at as a suby mechanic and received specialized training. you should keep that in mind before you so readily pass judgement on other peoples decisions. fi you cant tell already you are rubbing salt in a wound here so lets just drop it.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 07-01-2001, 08:24 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Re: where to begin......

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
fi you cant tell already you are rubbing salt in a wound here so lets just drop it.
I think I will. At least here. I may make a post in the garage about aftermarket parts and projects. I will say that your response to my first and then subsequent posts seem like you're overly defensive. I re-read them, and for me they are pretty mild. But as you wish...done.
Old 07-01-2001, 01:20 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: TSU

Quote:
...OK...OK...I can't take it anymore. Ron...I havta ask...

TSU Is it (1) a small sneeze...or
(2) a suffix to a Japanese word...or
(3) your alma mater?

Don (I have a bad feeling about this...)
I suppose he could've called himself Bill or George, or anything but Tsu!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-01-2001, 04:51 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: co-local-isms & other turkeys

Quote:
<tickety-boo. Toodle-pip>

You can always tell when Aredub and the Wild Turkey have reached a meeting in the mind.... Don
Sounds more like gin than Wild [or even tame] Turkey, Don, maybe even Pink Gin at that.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-01-2001, 05:00 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Re: TSU

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

I suppose he could've called himself Bill or George, or anything but Tsu!
I don't have a pig's notion what Ron means by this either, glad to see youse Stateside boys are just as pignorant on the issue.

We may have to root around a bit on this if Ron can't reMember. You know the saying Pigs will fly....?
Well if elephants could fly, we would all have to consider wearing larger hats, and not drive convertibles.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-01-2001, 05:04 PM
Ain't it the truth?

You tsu?

<I suppose he could've called himself Bill or George, or anything but Tsu! >

Stop it.

---------

Actually, according to my book here, you get some major points on that one.

<Well if elephants could fly, we would all have to consider wearing larger hats, and not drive convertibles>

Elephant jokes? Let me see here....trying to see if we have done those before...no...I don't seem to see them listed....seems like the sorta topic we SHOULD have covered....
...I'll check back later after I've looked over my old joke books. I think they are in the basement in a trunk... Don

Last edited by SVXphile; 07-01-2001 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-02-2001, 07:30 AM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Unhappy BWAAAAHHH!!!

I still haven't QUITE figured out how this conversation got so far from topic... but I guess that's normal (hey, check some of the early days of the Yahoo! board... those were some RAMBLING discussions!).

Well, my weekend got off to a great start... NOT. Now my rear wiper is toast... some kids decided to play with it while I was getting groceries on Friday night, and when I came back to the car it was sitting vertically up the rear window. Of course, I didn't notice it and got in the car to drive away... I started the car... it was dark... I thought there was something on the rear window. Hmm... what's that smell? I look down at my control stalk and see the wiper's on in intermittent mode (I'd used it as I pulled into the grocery store to clean some crud off the rear window). Ack... that smell's getting worse... what could it... <expletive deleted>???

I stop the car, get out and check the rear windshield wiper... it's well and truly stuck there... so I grab it by the base of the arm... well, I'm sure the blisters will heal soon enough. It was so hot it literally burned my fingers. Pop the trunk in a panic, pull down the carpeting at the top of the trunk and see what looks like boiling oil falling onto the top of it and beginning to burn through. I grab a small cup that happened to be sitting in the trunk and start catching the drops. Okay, this motor's toast... the oil's dripping from the large cylindrical assembly on the right. AGH!

So I do what any self-respecting geek would do... swear profusely then pull all the electrical connections (and the fuse just to be on the safe side), then break out my socket set I just happen to keep permanently in my trunk, and gingerly with wrapped hand unbolt the arm from the assembly, turn it down through 90 degrees back to the rest position and bolt it back on... being VERY careful not to burn my other hand.

SO, not only do I need my wheel bearing fixed now, I also need to get my rear windshield wiper assembly replaced. <sigh> Finally, I've found a use for the extended warranty.

Thanks for listening fellas!

Gavin
Old 07-02-2001, 11:26 AM
Lowered SVX

jesus.....

i hope the fluid didnt burn you too bad....how in the hell did that happen? did some kids in the parking lot do it or the kids in your car? thank god you have a warranty and hopefully some insurance to for the burns. good luck.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 07-02-2001, 01:56 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Rear wipeout

That's a nightmare story Gavin. Hope you get it all sorted.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-02-2001, 03:35 PM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Well, I'm GUESSING it was kids in the parking lot... my kids are too young to pull that kind of stuff.

As for the burns... well really not too bad, just a couple of slightly singed and blistered parts on the fingers on my left hand. I was actually amazed at how hot the damned arm was, I don't even want to imagine the temperature the motor was at when I pulled the power cables (with my hand wrapped in a shop-towel).

The burns weren't really bad enough to go to the ER... I've got enough medical training under my belt to keep myself out of there most of the time... or at least identify the injuries that REALLY need it. I hate hospitals
Old 07-02-2001, 09:26 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Hot wired

Man Thumper, what a run of bad luck!

Your story reminded me of when I installed a new radio in my Spitfire. Crusin' along with the top down when....smoke started pouring from under the dash. I figured my wiring job was to blame, and knowing where I had routed the wires, I reached my hand up under the dash, found the wire bundle and YANKED. All the plastic twist connectors released, as I had hoped, but the melted plastic insulation had burned into my palm! I drove home shifting with my left hand. I made it to the bathroom to run cold water on my hand, and THEN the pain hit. The plastic and some of my skin peeled off, but I was amazed later to find that there was no scars left behind.

Glad to hear you have an extended warrenty. I have a spare rear wiper motor somewhere that you could have.

Don