Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2001, 05:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: "The Other Site" or "Pull That Fuse for AWD"

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII

LAST TOPIC:
Cube why did you change your club name to Mr. Pockets ?

Larry III formerly Larry iii
Sorry to disappoint all who thought there was a cool story behind my handle change, but there really is none. When I joined the Yahoo! club, I was employed at Lockheed Martin and, in my office, I was in cubicle #47. I no longer reside in that cubicle, and 'Mr. Pockets' just sorta came to me one day.

I kinda dig it. I don't know why. Not many people do, but that doesn't bother me.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 06-13-2001, 05:43 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stopped by the Yahoo! site...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
You have a real problem calling me that, don't you? You look uncomfortable saying it.

Yeah, but, it's not that I *dislike* "Mr. Pockets." It's just that it's like , y'know, I've been callin' ya "cube" for almost two years. It's hard to get used to a friend who suddenly says "This is no longer my name, THIS is my name." Don't worry 'bout me though, I have a way of dealing with it --- I'll just keep calling you CUBE!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 06-13-2001, 07:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Question What's in a Name

Ardubjay,

It would be, just like Aredubjay changing his name to SandyK or EdselF, or YogiBear.

Larry III formery Larryiii
Old 06-13-2001, 07:33 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Well, It's laterish evening on the 13th (on the eastern coast)...Florida, ya know...where Peppe is, has anyone seen a post saying where to find them pics of his 980 hp SVX yet?

It occurs to me that one of the last posts he made was saying he was parting out *one* of his SVX's. I wonder if it's the one with the motor that he blew up, the one he wrecked or the one he claims to have just broken the timing belt on?

Really guys, just for a laugh, and if you have time, do a yahoo search on peppe, (darn, I can't think of the whole handle now).

Has he posted at all since I've been gone? Sniff, I wish I'd have stayed at least through tommorrow.
Old 06-13-2001, 08:06 PM
tat2skullz

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stopped by the Yahoo! site...

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Yeah, but, it's not that I *dislike* "Mr. Pockets." It's just that it's like , y'know, I've been callin' ya "cube" for almost two years. It's hard to get used to a friend who suddenly says "This is no longer my name, THIS is my name." Don't worry 'bout me though, I have a way of dealing with it --- I'll just keep calling you CUBE!
Well, we could consistently refer to "Mr Pockets" as "The SVXer formerly known as Cube"....

Seth
Old 06-14-2001, 12:27 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stopped by the Yahoo! site...

Quote:
Originally posted by tat2skullz

Well, we could consistently refer to "Mr Pockets" as "The SVXer formerly known as Cube"....

Seth
I thought about that, but, when we write it, we'd just have to have it represented as a symbol. Something like a square, with a circle and slash over it.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 06-14-2001, 12:16 PM
Lowered SVX

what is so bad......

about Mr. Pockets.....i like it. i kind of visualize this guy with parachute pants and tons of pockets!
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-14-2001, 12:35 PM

Registered SVX
Re: what is so bad......

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
about Mr. Pockets.....i like it. i kind of visualize this guy with parachute pants and tons of pockets!
Nothin, 'cept when I met him, his monicker was "cube47" -- I spent almost two years with calling him "cube" -- now you expect me to shift gears -- nuh-uh. Leo, it would be like after calling you Leo for two years, you suddenly want me to call you Bill . . . or George . . . or, anything but SUE!
Subaru Ambassador

Old 06-14-2001, 12:39 PM
Lowered SVX

i can see you are.....

sensitive regarding this whole mr. pockets situation so i feel it is in my best interest to leave this topic alone..... i wouldnt want to encourage you to get into a drunken stupor and try to perform an alternator mod......hahaha.....i love have history on you!
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-14-2001, 01:00 PM

Registered SVX
Re: i can see you are.....

Quote:
sensitive regarding this whole mr. pockets situation so i feel it is in my best interest to leave this topic alone..... i wouldnt want to encourage you to get into a drunken stupor and try to perform an alternator mod......hahaha.....i love have history on you!
Yes. I am Sin-suh-TIVE, eh,eh,eh (what a great movie ).

I'm glad you have history on me too. That way, when we meet in Rockford, you can tell me what happened the day I came down -- I don't remember a darned thing (J/K)
Subaru Ambassador

Old 06-14-2001, 01:10 PM
Lowered SVX

i never told you this....

because i did not want to make you feel worse than you already did, but we had like a whole agenda planned for you that included a ride to beale st. and a complete tour of the historic district in downtown memphis. but you had to ruin that didnt ya! ok kidding about the ruin part because we had a great time but, we really did have the agenda. maybe next time!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-14-2001, 01:17 PM

Registered SVX
Re: i never told you this....

Quote:
because i did not want to make you feel worse than you already did, but we had like a whole agenda planned for you that included a ride to beale st. and a complete tour of the historic district in downtown memphis. but you had to ruin that didnt ya! ok kidding about the ruin part because we had a great time but, we really did have the agenda. maybe next time!
I truly apologize. I know I kinda dampened things, but, heck I think it was "more funner" for the initial meeting to be just what it was: Just hangin' out, getting to know each other. If we'd been zippin' all over hell and gone, we'd have parted company thinking, "hmm, wonder what that guy was *really* like." Kinda glad it worked out the way it did. And, yes, let's DO have a next time, before you guys take off to parts west.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 06-14-2001, 01:22 PM
Lowered SVX

consider it done.....

although next time we will probably be heading northeast to kentucky for taters and zebras and all that $hit in which i have not been informed about. i will get this story out of you yet randy!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-14-2001, 01:26 PM

Registered SVX
Re: consider it done.....

Quote:
although next time we will probably be heading northeast to kentucky
You don't want to do that, unless you just have an incredible fondness for the movie "Deliverence." Owensboro is in the NorthWESTern part of the state.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 06-14-2001, 01:44 PM
Lowered SVX

oh yeah.....

no no deliverence is not good.....northwest it is....no squealing and no pigs for me. hell i dont even like pigs.....unless they are cooked and come in the form of bacon, bbq, or ham.
"Too much fun to drive!"