How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2010, 09:33 PM

Re: Fighting the 'Junk' Nazis.

From what you describe, this sounds like a running case of a bureaucratic nonsense shell around a core of perhaps some jealousy somewhere.

There are vindictive jerks out there who want to stick it to people who have what they wish they did have.

perhaps a neighbor, perhaps a bureaucrat themselves... maybe wishes they had what you seem to have well in hand.

Especially if your neighbors houses are worth less than your garage, or the car project you park outside for them to see. Jealousy and covetousness are ugly beasts.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan

pictures say a thousand words. how about a pic of the offensive areas?

cause 1 mans junk is another mans treasure, and that goes both ways.
just sayin...I smell fish?
James
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!

Last edited by zavikan; 04-26-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavikan View Post
pictures say a thousand words. how about a pic of the offensive areas?

cause 1 mans junk is another mans treasure, and that goes both ways.
just sayin...I smell fish?
James
FULLY explained on the 'VERGE' thread! Found the 'problem' and will be attending the next 'city Counsil 'meeting with local back-up.
I could run for Counsil' if I QUIT my job! The city has the same union that I belong to as a County employee.
I talked with my insurance agent yesterday about my tow truck. He thinks that he can insure the truck for less than a lawyer would cost. I can pick up very UGLY cars and park them WHEREVER I want, as long as they are 'hooked' to my tow truck. I also have a car trailer and a tow dolly. I can hook them to one of my other 3 trucks and park THEM wherever I want..... SEE where this is going?

I will park my 'pretty', tagged trucks with UGLY things on them at EVERY city 'function'!
REDNECK revenge! The Mustang is going back to the paint shop for touch up on Monday, I will be going to the farm and loading the 65 Dodge tractor puller van onto the trailer and parking it on the highway, hooked to my GMC, then I will load the 46 onto the dolly and park it on the highway hooked to my 91 Dodge PU, Then I will put tags on the 78 Ford F-350 wrecker and hook up the 38 Dodge 4 door and park IT on the highway. The back yard will contain NO unregistered cars! They will ALL be parked on Rt 40, right where the 'tourists' come into town!

Did I mention that I bought a new SIGN cutting machine and have enough VINYL to cover a school bus? Did I mention that I have a school bus?

They have no idea what this 'can of worms' can bring. I also have a roll-back with a 'stinger' that can haul a school bus stashed and another tow truck that can come into play here.
I also have a 1972 RTS transit bus, 318 Detroit Pusher with a GMC blower that I could tag and drive.

I own 38 vehicles. Some are small, some are very BIG! They might win the battle, but I will WIN THE WAR!!

I have 38 vehicles

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 04-29-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan

Personally, if I lived/drove by some one w/ 38 vehicles.... I'd be complaining to city council too....
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavikan View Post
Personally, if I lived/drove by some one w/ 38 vehicles.... I'd be complaining to city council too....
Only (2) ARE here! outside. ( I have the rest stashed outside the city) The exception being the 6 that are tagged and running and the 4 in garages.

Jerry
Old 04-29-2010, 09:51 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Kids, are we listening?
Try not to tick off the redneck!
Hi Jerry!
We're still friends right, Buddy!?
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 04-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Jerry,
Sounds like you're coming to your senses compared to the earlier posts. I was trying to get you to come up with some creative solutions. Remember, ordinances are black and white and are based on definitions. You're moving towards the compliance they require but with your own creativity. Keep thinking. Meeting the letter of the law is a wonderful thing, especially when it doesn't meet the intent of said law.

You better not be friends with OT anymore BTW. He's gonna be the next "problem" case for your poor zoning department to work on. I only hope he finishes that lovely motorcycle engine first and needs a place to put it. I'm sure it will fit in the spare Honda Cub C100 frame I have sitting in my garage!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:46 PM

Registered SVX

Jerry,

38 vehicles, bravo, the more the better
It's the lady on the street with 38 cats, that's a problem

They just want the money, if they can see it, they want you to pay for it.
Keep up with the creative solutions,
What's the saying about sleeping dogs
http://www.ClassicSoftTrim.com http://ToyoTires.com/tire/pattern/versado-lx Gillman Subaru of Houston
"QuickChange" http://www.TransGo.com/ http://www.PlanetSVX.com Bontrager Works,

'92 Subaru SVX LS-L Claret ORIGINAL OWNER
'92 LS-L Pearl~ '92 LS Pearl~ '92 LS-L Teal~ '92 LS-L Silver~ '95 LSi Polo~
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Pearl~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54143
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Ebony~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54117
Old 05-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed View Post
Jerry,

38 vehicles, bravo, the more the better
It's the lady on the street with 38 cats, that's a problem

They just want the money, if they can see it, they want you to pay for it.
Keep up with the creative solutions,
What's the saying about sleeping dogs
I could 'tag' the offending vehicles, then I would have no choice but to DRIVE them. Then they could nail me for noise, HOOSIER tires, (non DOT), whatever they wanted to.

If they want to make a 'criminal' out of a guy that has lived for over 57 years without becoming a 'criminal', I might just have to 'draw on my resources' and become the WORSE NIGHTMARE they ever suffered!

I used to play with imaginary friends when I was 9, I built an elevator from scratch( when I was 11, I 'created' havoc when I was 13. Then I got a job at the stone quarry.....(based on 'prior experience').

I am most likely, the ONLY guy that ever tinkled on a 'Yellow Jacket's' nest, with no damage to anything else. (that was over 30 years ago)
Chuck was IMPRESSED!!

Like riding a bike, you never forget.....

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 05-02-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Hi Jerry, your my best friend!
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..

Last edited by Freeman; 05-02-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:05 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
Wtf did you just say?
I'd PM you, but some things you don't want an electronic record of.

the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 05-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser View Post
I could 'tag' the offending vehicles, then I would have no choice but to DRIVE them. Then they could nail me for noise, HOOSIER tires, (non DOT), whatever they wanted to.

If they want to make a 'criminal' out of a guy that has lived for over 57 years without becoming a 'criminal', I might just have to 'draw on my resources' and become the WORSE NIGHTMARE they ever suffered!

I used to play with imaginary friends when I was 9, I built an elevator from scratch( when I was 11, I 'created' havoc when I was 13. Then I got a job at the stone quarry.....(based on 'prior experience').

I am most likely, the ONLY guy that ever tinkled on a 'Yellow Jacket's' nest, with no damage to anything else. (that was over 30 years ago)
Chuck was IMPRESSED!!

Like riding a bike, you never forget.....

Gee, thanks for 'fixing' that, Tom!

Jerry
Old 05-04-2010, 12:15 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

It's a lot more funny this way..
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 05-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
It's a lot more funny this way..

keeps atf away too.

Jerry
Old 05-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Jerry,
Sounds like you're coming to your senses compared to the earlier posts. I was trying to get you to come up with some creative solutions. Remember, ordinances are black and white and are based on definitions. You're moving towards the compliance they require but with your own creativity. Keep thinking. Meeting the letter of the law is a wonderful thing, especially when it doesn't meet the intent of said law.

You better not be friends with OT anymore BTW. He's gonna be the next "problem" case for your poor zoning department to work on. I only hope he finishes that lovely motorcycle engine first and needs a place to put it. I'm sure it will fit in the spare Honda Cub C100 frame I have sitting in my garage!
I was playing in the greenhouse when an Olds with 'local guvment' tags drove 'S-L-O-W-L-Y- past. I stepped out of the greenhouse, saw reverse lites, then the Nazi emerged. He introduced himself and asked if I was 'Me'.

We had some 'dialog' about the 'problem'. I did not mention the 9 'offences' that he was not here to look at. (that he could see from where he was standing)
He did mention that he had "no problem" with someone having a 'project' in their back yard if they were working on it. Then he mentioned that he could see that no 'manufactured' car cover would FIT the 46, since it is shorter, lower, and had no fenders.
I mentioned that the truck was a bare frame last October and that we had spent 5 hours on it yesterday.
He said that he "wished me luck" and left. I have NO idea what that meant!

Well, I did all my mowing and weed wacking with a Digital camera in my back pocket after he left. About 9:00 tonite, all the 'pics' that I took after he left will be on my PHOTOBUCKET!
The 'album' will be titled "Fighting". Only the people that I am notifying will have access. You are invited to 'attend'.

Jerry