Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
From a guy owning a fwd svx and an awd svx...the fwd just sucks. Looks like an svx, smells like an svx...drives like fat honda. Traction is nowhere to be found, even on dry pavment. The car tourque steers a bit too. the plus side though, is the car is lighter, and once it actually DOES gain traction, it's just a smidgen faster in a straight line.

Also for bragging rights sake...You lack all the things that make an svx an svx...Titanium tinted glass, speed sensing variable power steering, REAL leather all over the place, AWD, a sunroof, ect. ect. I think the WORST thing about my old L was answering the "Is this RWD or FWD" question at the gas station and not being able to say "Actually...its AWD" and for whatever reason, the diffrent power steering system makes a night and day diffrence between the L/ LS and LS-L/ LS-I models.

Trust me on this, you're already hooked by the svx's style and charm...if you want that car, go for it.If the price is right, and you want it...why not? There's nothing wrong with an LS model. It might be...lacking.. a few things, but you'll love it the same. Sure, it'll make you want a fully loaded one (Especially after you drive one and feel the diffrence) But who's to say you cant have two? Or thirteen? Why not buy the one thats convieniently located, and just enjoy it for what it is, while looking for that perfect svx?
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 08-05-2007, 10:22 PM
OOC for a while

Send a message via AIM to 94SubieSVX
I have a "94 LS FWD and I have a sunroof??

Quote:
Also for bragging rights sake...You lack all the things that make an svx an svx...Titanium tinted glass, speed sensing variable power steering, REAL leather all over the place, AWD, a sunroof, ect. ect. I think the WORST thing about my old L was answering the "Is this RWD or FWD" question at the gas station and not being able to say "Actually...its AWD" and for whatever reason, the diffrent power steering system makes a night and day diffrence between the L/ LS and LS-L/ LS-I models.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
fwd ls w/ sunroof? Um...I guess i stand corrected. From what I understand, there are alot of odd variations in options and standard equipment in the lower trim levels for 94, changes to the lineup being made mid-year. there are AWD and FWD LS models, ..apparrently some witha sunroof, some without.

Oh...If the seats are the full perforated grey suede (there's also solid grey suede with vynal sides), then that car has the rarest svx interior. Ive only seen ONE with those seats...that says alot
I had the tan version of those seats, but they were deteriorated, and I kinda destroyed them with a series of accidental spills

Oh yeah, wlcome to the forums if you DO decide to get an svx, wether i be that one or a diffrent one later on, this is THE place to be
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Last edited by It's Just Eric; 08-05-2007 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:45 PM
<-- custom hood ornament

Send a message via AIM to AlcyoneDaze Send a message via Yahoo to AlcyoneDaze
As part seven of my continuing series of dumb questions;

Has anyone driven a RWD SVX? I'd figure it would handle like a pig with no traction, maybe even worse than a FWD - thoughts, comments?
JDM 'ALCYONE' Rear Panel
JDM 'BOXER' Eingngine Cover
JDM 'SVX' Hood Badge
L-Edition Suede Rear Seats
Old 08-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Alcyone ... the brightest star

Quote:
Has anyone driven a RWD SVX?
Probably pretty rare. To accomplish this, I would think lots of drivetrain modifications are in order. Not to mention lots of $.
And then you wouldn't have an SVX anyway?

Bob
Old 08-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlcyoneDaze
As part seven of my continuing series of dumb questions;

Has anyone driven a RWD SVX? I'd figure it would handle like a pig with no traction, maybe even worse than a FWD - thoughts, comments?
Thats a 6mt for the most part... Its kinda fun but retarded when the rear end comes around

Tom
Old 08-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
fwd ls w/ sunroof? Um...I guess i stand corrected. From what I understand, there are alot of odd variations in options and standard equipment in the lower trim levels for 94, changes to the lineup being made mid-year. there are AWD and FWD LS models, ..apparrently some witha sunroof, some without.
http://www.cars101.com/subaru_svx.ht...4%20SVX%20Info

The LS was FWD in 1994... only the LSi was AWD. And the LS had half of the LSi goodies (like sunroof).
Old 08-06-2007, 08:16 AM

Views

What is good about this forum is everyone has there own views on the SVX, some like AWD some like FWD, it is call what he or she likes, All the bells and whistles don't make it good, just more to go wrong. AWD transmission problems,binding, shifting and that is why most went with the 5 speed. FWD nothing wrong with the Trans, 2 less axles to replace one less drive shaft to replace and one less Diff to replace. benefit is it cost less, So no one can say what the other might like until he or she drives it. Leather is hot in the summer cold in the winter, sunroof, some leaks, some don't work, that is why they give you a crank so you can close it and open it. To me all SVX are good has they are when you purchase it, Take care of it and it will take care of you, You make them into what you want them to be, drag car, auto cross, hotrod, or just a plain family car or one to get back and forth from school and let all say what the hell is that kind of car. Most youngster has never even seen one let alone own one..you just have to start what you can afford and what is a good choice to have at the present time.. There is no perfect car all can have problems new and old...Money is what it takes at present time to have what you can afford and still have a vehicle that is strange to one eyes to look at.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Banned

I know FWD isn't as desirable.... but if you can haggle a good deal, it's still worth it, as it'll be faster and more fun than a civic or something.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:08 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin
I know FWD isn't as desirable.... but if you can haggle a good deal, it's still worth it, as it'll be faster and more fun than a civic or something.
....and you still get to hear people ask you.........

How'd you do that to them "winders"? (local word for "windows" )

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint
Old 08-06-2007, 02:25 PM

Them there winders look strange. how did you get them made? Where did you find them winders,
Old 08-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
He is sticking with 2000 and firm. He will not "Haggle", although after looking this car over feel it is a decent price. Is this a fair price for a 94 SVX LS?
Old 08-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Maniac modifier

body condition means a lot if the car rides and drives well. If the body is in decent shape and its mechanically sound I would say its a steal, even for a FWD

Tom
Old 08-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
body condition means a lot if the car rides and drives well. If the body is in decent shape and its mechanically sound I would say its a steal, even for a FWD

Tom
The Body, is in excellent condition. All I noticed was one scratch on the driver side panel but nothing big. I have decided to purchase this car(Even though its FWD).
Old 08-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Maniac modifier

good choice. My first was a FWD and I did love that car. Once I found that I really liked it I decided to buy an AWD too... I hope you have some fun and good luck!

Tom