How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 06:43 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Dear Camry driver...

Dear Camry driver who nearly just killed me and my 12 year old brother on rt 290 in Worcester. That was some of the stupidest driving I have ever seen in my life. In addition to that I am not sure if you were aware of it, but it was raining out. The next time you want to come flying up on my butt at 35mph< (I was doing 50mph at the time) than what I am doing maybe you wont be as fortunate that there was no gaurdrail on my left and that you could squeeze by even though there was no break down lane. How you did not rear-end me or side swipe me I have no idea. I actually can forgive that though. Some people are just morons. However what you did after that is unforgivable. After you get back into traffic and get boxed into probably about 45mph traffic you decide to cut me off as I pass you. I still have no idea how you did not clip me as you cut across every lane of traffic on your way to the far right lane. In case you did not notice that last bit of driving you did caused me to jack on my brakes and almost lose control ( I give credit to my car rather than my driving ability for saving me on this one). In the heat of the moment I was contemplating following you to "find out" why you were in such a rush. However being a mature 21 year old adult I decided people like you can't be fixed. As it turns out it does not matter much does it? A few miles down the road it looks like you pulled some more Tony Stewart moves and rear ended an Alero. It looked like a minor accident, but I hope and pray that you are a quadrapalegic as a result of it. Maybe then you won't be able to take chances with other people's lives
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5

Last edited by sicksubie; 04-27-2007 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:02 AM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
I always hope to see people like that pulled over or wrecked when I get further down the road. I know it's heartless, but I have less than zero tolerance for idiots when they put other people at risk. My policy is I don't care what you do, so long as you're not doing it where you can hurt other people. If you want to blow yourself up then more power to you, I'll e-mail the Darwin Award people, but keep the hell away from me and anyone else.

Stupid people.....

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 04-27-2007, 07:22 AM
Live it, Love it, Breathe it

Send a message via Yahoo to SVX-FF
Sound like you had a frustrating morning. I am glad that you and your brother are OK.

I totally feel you anger toward stupid people and really bad driving habits. I had a similar incident about 2 year ago. My wife, 5 months pregnant, my step-daughter, and I were traveling back to Maryland for Christmas. We were in that bad snow storm across Ohio. I was traveling about 40 mph when this AH zig zagging and weaving thru traffic like he was on dry pavement. I just shook my head as he flew by in his Buick.
About 10 miles down the road I had a great treat. The gentleman had decided to park his car about 15 feet off the road in nearly 3 feet of snow. He was out of his car looking at it with a confused look. I beeped my horn and gave him a wave.

That felt really good.
Steve

SVXepidia SVX information warehouse
Are you in?

My Old Locker

A 4.11 Founding Father
"Tranny #6" I really need a manual

Reading IX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya I was there
Old 04-27-2007, 07:31 AM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1210708

Join the club.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 04-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Awitha Cheese-ahhh!

Send a message via AIM to greggbzz
I was with you until this:

Quote:
Tony Stewart moves and rear ended an Alero. It looked like a minor accident, but I hope and pray that you are a quadrapalegic as a result of it. Maybe then you won't be able to take chances with other people's lives
Now it could have been stupid kids, or it could have been someone with a serious emergency or someone in diabetic shock, which almost cost me an accident once. Regardless, that's a little harsh.

Please don't be so quick to judge people and demonize them. Next time you make any mistakes, or drive aggressively in any way, think of what others might have say about you.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
It was a guy, not a kid, that is for certain.... Seat reclined all the way back... You get the idea

Yes, that is harsh, but what about the poor person that he hit? As my brother put it, "That is worse than drunk driving, because with a drunk he at least can drive normally when he isn't drunk. People who drive like that when they are sober are an endangerment 100% of the time not just when they are drunk." That is a paraphrase but you get the jist of what he was saying. As crazy pilot said if that person wants to go risk his own life feel free. If I had gotten in an accident as a result of this driver's actions and something had happened to my brother and the other guy was ok......... I would be writing this from a jail cell.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 04-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Awitha Cheese-ahhh!

The best you can do is not get emotional. Keep a level head and try to enjoy your driving. If we all followed that advice, a, we would all be a lot safer, and b, we would all be much happier drivers.

Your story sounds bad, yea, and the guy was definitely a danger, but in the end there, with that harsh anger... I just wanted to reply to it because you can change a little and save yourself a lot of stress.

Here is a great, great book:
http://www.amazon.com/Road-Rage-Aggr...7684451&sr=8-1
I'm not saying that you have road rage I just think every driver should read it, including yourself and the guy in the camery.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXyGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SVXyGirl
Registered SVX
Road rage has become a serious issue these days. For example, there was a Harrisburg couple killed because of road rage not far from me a few weeks ago.

The only thing you can do is try not to get angry. It only makes things worse.
92 Claret SVX LS-L (180k) 09/91 #5,732
06 Suzuki Boulevard M50 7k
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (70k) Storage/hibernation for now.

Past SVXs:
94 SVX Emerald Pearl FWD (Sold)
96 SVX Bourdeaux LSi (Sold)
92 Pearl SVX LSL "Stay Puft" 5MT (140k) #148 (RIP)
95 Brilliant Red SVX LS (162k) 12/94 #564 "Killer Tomato" (RIP)

Old 04-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Hater

i keep a handful of nickels in the car for tailgaters.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 04-27-2007, 11:57 AM
<-- custom hood ornament

Send a message via AIM to AlcyoneDaze Send a message via Yahoo to AlcyoneDaze
I never knew Camry driver's were avid readers of SVXi forum
JDM 'ALCYONE' Rear Panel
JDM 'BOXER' Eingngine Cover
JDM 'SVX' Hood Badge
L-Edition Suede Rear Seats
Old 04-27-2007, 12:04 PM

Ask yourself why "Road Rage" is such a problem?

1. Way more traffic than there used to be so commutes take a long time.
2. Mouth Breathing AHs on the road like the Camry driver who insist on putting everyone around them at risk.
3. People who then blame the totally justified anger the MBAH generates on the guy just, through no fault of his own, cutoff or wrecked.

I haven't posted much here so will be considered a bit of an outsider I suppose so maybe I don't have the credibility to call someone on the carpet, but GREGGBZZ you are totally wrong to jump on SickSubie for getting angry at the mouth breathing moron for putting him and his brother at risk. He didn't take action on his emotions but he did feel them and they were perfectly justified. Now if he'd retaliated that would be a different story.

I'll also venture to say I very much doubt any of us really truely wish someone else harm even though in a moment of anger we express that desire.

So having gotten that out of my system I'll also agree that if we can "let things go" our lives will be less stressful. How exactly we do that without becoming do nothing sheep I don't know. I get mad because I have passion built into who I am and it comes out as anger at times. To eliminate the anger I have to eliminate the passion which in my mind is not a fair exchange.
I also don't feel we should look the other way when put into danger by another just to avoid getting angry.

73 Datsun 240Z, GM LT1 (274 rwhp, 307 ft/lbs torque), GM 5-Speed, LSD (The Beast)
93 Mustang 5.0 LX Convertible. Mostly Stock (The PussyCat)
92 Teal LS-L SVX. Project, when completed will be sold.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Awitha Cheese-ahhh!

Quote:
I haven't posted much here so will be considered a bit of an outsider I suppose so maybe I don't have the credibility to call someone on the carpet, but GREGGBZZ you are totally wrong to jump on SickSubie for getting angry at the mouth breathing moron for putting him and his brother at risk. He didn't take action on his emotions but he did feel them and they were perfectly justified. Now if he'd retaliated that would be a different story.
It's not a competition. Your opinion is perfecly valid. I was just trying give a little advice and a different perspective. Even thinking about following the person, to get them back, or "teach them a lesson" is walking a thin line. What about next time? If he did not have his brother with him? Would he have then retaliated and endagered others? I don't know, maybe. I've seen my father in similar situations scare the living crap out of me, because he lost it, just for a little while, over one of these "moth breathing morons" Either way, I don't blame anyone, because I was just the same once. I just want people to understand that road rage can be avoided. Others are not the cause.

It's good to refelct on this and have a debate.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:39 PM
building more AK47's

I used to have a couple of these in the front seat
http://www.gagworks.com/browseproduc...OAM-BRICK.HTML
Slow down and let them get beside you and toss one of these at them Watch them swerve out of the way.
My next idea is to rig a real concrete block up under the rear bumper and when tailgaters who ride your a$$ get too close pull the pin and watch the sparks fly.
I live in the south-people here CANT DRIVE
Old 04-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Either of those tricks would be awesome.

Although my favorite is still being tailgated for no reason, getting passed, and then seeing the guy pulled over a couple points down the road. I gave him a little honk and wave. I think the officer laughed.

A while back I had some guy riding my bumper with his high beams on. I was already going about 20 KPH over, and the road was open, plenty of room to pass. I had a 1.5 million candlepower spotlight in the car. He backed of very quickly when things got bright.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 04-27-2007, 10:16 PM
building more AK47's

A flamethrower kit works well too There is a nice 30s coupe that runs around town and if people get too close he lights it up Funny as hell
Ive also toyed the idea of a fake exhaust pipe that is really a barrel for a potato style cannon-except its ammo is a balloon filled with cow manure Good low shot to the radiator and your smellin good