Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 11-26-2006, 05:48 AM
Mr Soob

Outing first or second week in December for Sydney SVX owners.

As discussed in my other thread, I'm upset and somewhat constrained by the goverment but canot attend the airshow in Temora. I am however looking at that, or the following Saturday as a definite get-together.

-

I'd suggest a meet at say 9am at something like Sutherland. Set off at 9:30am and drive through the Royal National Park to Stanwell, out to the bottom of Bulli Pass. At this point, anyone wishing to return home can do so, or we can continue on to City Beach in Wollongong, park for a spell and chat amicably about how it is all Bush's fault. We'd be well finished everything (assuming a political debate doesn't start) by midday, and the rest of the day is your own. Perhaps people will decide if they'd like to go for a quiet drink or find food - whatever tickles your fancy.

This would definitely be a bring-the-family day if you have one, as I expect the weather would be likely warm enough for a swim. There are plenty of places to go after that if you want to make a day of it, some may even want to for for a jaunt a little bit further down to Albion Park and up to the M5 via Maquarie Pass (a NICE little side trek, and worth it).

-

Any other suggestions? Comments? Can those who are interested, please post if you'd like ot attend, and which day(s) you are able to do it? (Either the 2nd of December, or the 9th - both Saturdays)

-

Also, for those that come I *hope* to bring along a surprise. I can't promise anything, but I will do my best. It may only be for the meeting place in the morning, but it would be worthwhile to the happy fans amongst us. (I am not sure if I'd be able to keep it around all day.)
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178

Last edited by McTaff; 11-26-2006 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
Id love to meet dates (My Melbourne trip got canceled), preferded date is the latter one, i am now unable to attend the 2nd due to a new job!

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads

Last edited by -JJ-; 11-27-2006 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:05 AM

I can make it for the 2nd of Dec if that suits the rest of you. I was going West to the dessert but I will go East instead.
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:40 AM
Mr Soob

Anyone else out there keen to come on either the 2nd of December or the 9th of December?
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
Old 11-30-2006, 01:40 AM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by McTaff
Anyone else out there keen to come on either the 2nd of December or the 9th of December?
I can make it for either of those dates!

Jason.

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX
Old 11-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Mr Soob

hrm

Shall we make it the 9th, so we have a little more time for people to get organised? That puts J, JJ and Me in the drivers' seats. My Dad will be bringing his one (The black one with number plate "SVX" and the non-standard rims that we haven't managed to get to an outing yet) we think, at least at this point he's free.

I'll make sure there is a firm plan on by next Wednesday, and we'll try to ensure it doesn't take up too much of the day. I STILL have the surprise to show those people who come.

Tony, I know this leaves you out as you may not be here on the 9th, but as a way of making things right - are you still heading up this way this weekend?
Old 12-01-2006, 12:30 AM

McTaff as it turns out the following weekend will suit me better might see if the wife will bring hers as well as mine. I have the DMS fitted now. As it turns out I had to drive to Sydney and back yesterday after 1/2 days work so wouldn't feel like doing it tomorrow. Only had it serviced 2 weeks ago and I done 5,000 since then.
Count me in I will have to drive down early in the morning as I have a work party on the friday and I am paying so I have to be there.
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:33 AM

hey guys, Dec 9th suits me too - this weekend I have to work so was definitly out. I have to check here more often, almost missed the meet all together.

Hey Tony - whats the feedback on the DMS, do they make much difference?

bruce
Old 12-01-2006, 03:11 AM

Bruce they change the whole car mine are cranked high to get more ground clearance but they sure improve the handling. We need to do some work on the spring rates, Matt was going to talk to them today haven't heard back yet. I am sure Subaru had intended to make the SVX a real sports car but at the last minute change it to a excetive sports car to go up market. Softer shocks smooth ride at the cost of handling.
Tony
Old 12-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Mr Soob

Looking good!
Updating the intending attendees:

J (White w/ Black)
JJ (Charcoal w/ Black)
Myself (White w/ Black)
Michael, my father (Charcoal w/ Black)
Viking
Desert Runner (Claret?)
Mrs Desert Runner [maybe]

----------
Tony, I don't have anywhere to offer you to stay. You have accomodation in Sydney? Does the early start suit you?

Is there anyone else who would like to meet later than, say, 0930? (If everyone tries to make it by 0900 we should have plenty of time for stragglers, etc.)

If we want to do the Royal National Park, the northern end is between Loftus and Sutherland, and I figure it would be useful to meet fairly close to there. Potential meet points are:
-Audley (just inside the Park, easy to find)
-Engadine Maccas (Easier to find than the chair you are sitting on, but not very close)
-Sutherland Station area (nice and large, somewhat close, but out of the way)
-Tramway Museum (close, a bit tricky to get to if you approach from the north, but right near the entrance to the Park. Unsure if the carpark will be big enough though)

Personally, Audley sounds good, but Engadine Maccas might be easier.

Also, you need to pay for a vehicle permit, which is $11 per vehicle. I was only aware of a 'parking permit' previously when I had been, and only needed to pay if you were going to stop. This one is new to me. Usually on the way into the Park you have a chappie/chapette in the tollbooth type thingie, you get it from him/her.

I figure a stop before Bulli to take some photos on the clifftops and perhaps have some chow if you pack yourself some sambos/rolls/thermos of coffee.

As stated, some may want to turn for home (if time is a constraint) as we pass through Bulli. I'd like to continue on through to the Lighthouse at Wollongong, after that we can break up. Those wishing to zoom down to Albion Park and up Macquarie Pass after that, I suggest you take advantage of it.

Things to bring:
-Eleven bux for the Park entry.
-Some lunch if you don't want to go hungry until Wollongong..
-Your car.
-Camera if you have one.
-CB Radio.

Things not to bring:
-Pool table.
-Racing instinct (too dangerous, this one).
-Passive Aggressive chipmunks.

Are there any other suggestions on where to go? I'm tendering this one, but if anyone has any other suggestions, feel free.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:31 AM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
Sounds like a plan.
All it needs is PIZZA.
Unfortunately being a Saturday, I will be flying out at The Oaks.
(I guess someone has to do it)
Of course if the drive was on Sunday (10th) that could be a different matter?
I don't think I can find anyone to cover for me on the Saturday.
I'll watch the thread and see what happens.....
Another alternative might be to have a drive that ends up at The Oaks (some good shots of cars on a runway?!)
Anyone for a fly??
Arthur.
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!
Old 12-03-2006, 01:57 AM

I need to figure out were best to meet you all as it might be easier to catch up part way. I just need to get my head around times etc. Do you mean CB or UHF
Tony
Old 12-03-2006, 03:26 AM

The best thiing for me is to meet at Engadine Maccas just tell me the time and the address so I can find it. By the way it will only be me as the better half does not want the 6 hour drive between the finish of the party on Friday night and 9 am meeting in Sydney.
Tony
Old 12-03-2006, 05:37 AM
Mr Soob

Generally the 40 Channel UHF sets give us more flexibility. I suspect I won't be able to get my hands on one before the meet, but the important thing is that the person up the front and the person who is "Tail End Charlie" have one each; everyone else is gravy. But it's very handy to have one.

Tony:
Engadine Maccas is about 10 mins away from the park entrance, and it is essentially the corner of Heathcote Road and the Princes Highway. You can't miss it.
If everyone is happy to meet there, we'll do that.

Approaches to Engadine Maccas

1)
Coming south from Wollongong area.
Time To Target from Bulli: 30 minutes
Description: As you travel up the Princes Hwy, you will go through an 80km/h zone in Waterfall, then back to 100km/h after Waterfall. Then, you will enter a 70km/h speed zone a short while north of that. This signals the beginning of Heathcote (the southern edge of the Sydney Urban Sprawl). There are a couple of sets of lights here, but the first large set of lights you will come to is well signposted, and will indicate a major arterial road called Heathcote Road going West (left).
The Maccas is on the right hand side, across the intersection from you next to a BP Service Station.

2)
Eastbound on the M5:
Time To Target from Moorebank: 15 minutes.
Description: The easiest exit to take is the Heathcote Road exit. Follow the signs to Heathcote (heading away from Moorebank/Liverpool). Be careful when heading on the downhill stretches, there are numerous trucks that take up a little too much room and go quite slow, and the long flattish areas seem to be home to Mr Policeman more often than not. At the end of Heathcote road, you will see the Maccas across the intersection from you.

3)
Eastbound on the M4:
Time To Target from Light Horse Interchange: Unmeasured, projected at 40 minutes.
Description: Suggestion here is to turn south on the Light Horse Interchange and use the M7 Tollway if you are able. It will significantly shorten your journey and leave you a lot more relaxed. You could turn south at Penrith and head down the Northern Road to Bringelly, up Bringelly road to Liverpool area and onto the Camden Valley Way to get to the bottom of the M5. Either way, see instructions above regarding the M5.

4)
Southbound from Sydney/Sydney Airport/Southern Cross Drive:
Time To Target from Sydney Airport: Approximately 25-35 minutes depending on traffic and potential diversions.
Description: Head down Southern Cross Drive, and underneath the Runway Tunnel. Keep to the right hand side under the tunnel, and you will find yourself on General Holmes Drive at Brighton Le Sands. Follow GH Drv, and it will have a sharp right hand corner, followed by a set of lights about 1.5 km after that. You will only have the option of turning left onto Rocky Point Road. Once on Rocky Point Road, follow it to the end, which is a major intersection (at Caringbah) with President Avenue, and turn right (towards Miranda or Sutherland). Follow President avenue until it meets the Princes Hwy, and turn left onto it. After about 3 km you will see the road forms a Y intersection, and you veer left here (signs will point to Wollongong). Follow the Princes Hwy through first Loftus, and Engadine. The Maccas is on your left (just after a BP service station).

NOTES:
It was a BP last time I saw it. That is all I have to say on that matter. I would seriously suggest filling up at this service station before stopping in the Maccas. If it's on the 'wrong' side of the road to you, you will have to head northbound up the Princes Hwy and turn left onto Woronora road and throw a U-turn somewhere to be on the correct side. There is (I believe) one more servo on the northbound side as we head to the Park, but I can't be sure, so make sure you're topped up here.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
Im sorry guys but i have been forced to pike out on this one, my new job has caused a few unavoidable repocussions at my current workplace, i have to work every week end till christmas and im too broke to refuse, sorry guys hope you all have a great day!

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads

Last edited by -JJ-; 12-04-2006 at 01:15 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: