Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 03-12-2006, 01:59 PM

I have checked the fluid, and im not planning on buying a new ECU just yet, we will see. As for the ECU changes throughout the years, in 1992, I think there were 4 or 5 different ECU's, and I know that after that, it changed again in 1996 for the OBDII versions.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:17 PM

tps

I set my TPS to .5 with- engine not running. It was originally at .35v. The reason I reset TPS is that only with the shift position in "3" , going down a fairly steep hill, the engine would "engine Brake" and then coast over and over. The transmission manual gave TPS as a probable cause. Changing the TPS helped this problem only slightly but I believe also caused the start of the weird idle speed issue mention here also.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:07 PM
<<<Alcyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwd1985
As for the ECU changes throughout the years, in 1992, I think there were 4 or 5 different ECU's, and I know that after that, it changed again in 1996 for the OBDII versions.
Sorry for the hijack.

I knew about the OBDII change, I didn't know about the 4 or 5 versions in '92. Both of my SVXi are '92s, any idea what the changes were and how to tell what we've got? What would be the 'ideal' one to have? Is there a non-California smog version?

Dan
Old 03-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
If you check the ECU part numbers on subaruparts.com they are different between years. I have verified a 95 ECU will work in a 92.