Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northeast Region

Old 02-03-2006, 10:04 AM

Transmissions for the UK!

Hi Guys,

I just wondered if you could tell me if there are any places out there you know of with recon trannys for sale "off the shelf" so to speak. Even a reuilt one from the states is cheaper than getting it done here and I was thinking about importing?! I saw one on ebay motors go yesterday for just over $500 and it was a rebuild with a 4.11 final drive but I was a bit fearful of going for it with no knowledge of the seller etc.

Any advice or help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John

P.s. failing that if someone really clever wants to come over here on a working holiday and fit me a 5/6 spd (and get all the parts ) I'll; happily pay them $3500 I'd love to do the job on my own but I bet the car would be off the road for ever!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:08 AM
Parts Hook-Up

We have parts, we can ship...but man it is expensive to ship that far away! I bet one of these guys would love to take a nice trip! Try posting that offer in the General forums and you may get a better response.

Thanks,
Jackie
Annapolis, MD 21401
443-837-1422

www.AnnapolisSubaru.com

Jackie.Whetzler@AnnapolisSubaru.com
Old 02-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling_project

P.s. failing that if someone really clever wants to come over here on a working holiday and fit me a 5/6 spd (and get all the parts ) I'll; happily pay them $3500 I'd love to do the job on my own but I bet the car would be off the road for ever!
You might just be in luck, I am working on making a kit. check it out in general babble under, gauging iterest in a 5mt kit

Tom
Old 02-06-2006, 02:48 PM
One teal and One yellow

Hi John,
I recently replaced my stock tranny with a lower gearing 4.44 tranny because my stock 3.54 tranny's front differential was no good.

I was told my stock tranny from the previous owner was rebuilt like 20K ago. My front different is no good but my stock tranny is still good. Fluid is clean.

I don't know if that can be helpful to you but I can let it go for cheap. The stock tranny is out of my car now and I think it will be cheaper to have the entire thing rebuilt. I can even rebuilt the whole thing and ship it to you but you have to pay for the shipping and rebuilt cost.

If you're interested, you can email me - ohkennylee@gmail.com and we can discuss more.

Hope you get your svx fixed soon.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 02-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Ken, can you ship me that trans?? I have a good front diff waiting to do something. How much do u want for it?? Send me a PM

Tom
Old 02-06-2006, 11:19 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Ken, can you ship me that trans?? I have a good front diff waiting to do something. How much do u want for it?? Send me a PM

Tom
Tom, Just send you a PM. Let me know. That'll be good if you can combine your good front diff and my good tranny . . . and more parts for SVXi on the road.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: