SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 11-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Red face front cv suggestions

alright, i need some help on where to get new front axles. the only place i've found so far is advanceautoparts and they are 70 bucks and they are made by car component technologies? give me some ideas guys. i was gonna get some used ones but i'd rather not risk it and just get them new. thanks, Jason
Old 11-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Try these guys...
Constant Velocity of Ocala They are highly recomended over on the USMB. I spoke with them about a year ago, I believe the cost was about $55, you then have a month to send your core back to them, or they will charge you.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:32 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
You could also try raxles. When I spoke to them on the phone, they said that they use new CV joints.

http://www.raxles.com/

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
I got one from napa. It was about $70.00.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
You could also try raxles. When I spoke to them on the phone, they said that they use new CV joints.

http://www.raxles.com/
i've very happy with my raxles. they are a bit pricer than advanced and such.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:31 AM
Crash

Auto zone

Got mine at auto zone about 60 bucks after core. Fast and no shipping to deal with. TRUST ME WHEN I SAY 1/8" PUNCH NOT 1/4"!! When removing roll pins!! Good Luck!!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:03 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash
... TRUST ME WHEN I SAY 1/8" PUNCH NOT 1/4"!! When removing roll pins!! Good Luck!!
A 3/16" inch punch is an even better match.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
I just did mine this weekend, and I think it's the same one you're looking at. Or at least, it cost the same, about $70 + $40 core. The one I got did not match the OEM shaft on the outer end where the axle nut attaches. The new one sticks out much further from the hub and has different threading, so you're stuck with the 36mm nut that came with it as opposed to using the factory 32mm nut. They're ordering a new one for me in case this one was a fluke, but if you get it from AA, I would double check to be sure it'll work.

Here's a pic of it installed. It seems to work fine, but I can't put the dust cover back on because of how far it sticks out.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfreak1
alright, i need some help on where to get new front axles. the only place i've found so far is advanceautoparts and they are 70 bucks and they are made by car component technologies? give me some ideas guys. i was gonna get some used ones but i'd rather not risk it and just get them new. thanks, Jason
Old 11-12-2005, 04:09 PM

Finally got mine replaced with the correct one. The Car Component Technology (CCT) reman shaft listed at Advance Auto, Napa and Carquest are wrong. I finally ended up with one from Oreilly's which was a Cardone reman and was an exact match. Remember to remove the dust cover over the bearing from the old shaft and install it on the new one before sticking it on the car.

KuoH
Old 11-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuoh
Finally got mine replaced with the correct one. The Car Component Technology (CCT) reman shaft listed at Advance Auto, Napa and Carquest are wrong. I finally ended up with one from Oreilly's which was a Cardone reman and was an exact match. Remember to remove the dust cover over the bearing from the old shaft and install it on the new one before sticking it on the car.

KuoH
do you have a part no.? was the cost the same?
Old 11-12-2005, 04:32 PM

The Advance Auto part number is 19870647 and it was $69.88 after core return. The Oreilly's part number was 60-7209 and it was $59.99 after core return. I don't know what the CCT and Cardone part numbers are, but if the place you get yours from says theirs is CCT or Car Components, just say no.

KuoH
Old 11-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Could've told ya that about advance if I saw the sight sooner. The axle they say is for an SVX is a Loyale inner and legacy outer. The legacy axle works just fine though on an SVX for future ref.