How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 06-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Certified Porschephile

Bad Dealer, Bad! :(

I took the wife's Forester in for a noise coming from the rear of the car during driving. Fearing a wheel bearing or a problem with the rear diff, I wanted it looked at as there is less then 300 miles of $0 warranty left. We go pick it up and they charged me $40 for "labor" for pulling the front wheels and telling me I need brakes. I even told the guy when I dropped it off it wasn't brake related. They did the opposite on the opposite end of the car, and wouldn't comp the $40. Bad Becker. I'm calling tomorrow to discuss my displeasure. What a rip off.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
You Paid?

I took the SVX in to have the exhaust shields removed. I told the guy they were rattling and I just wanted them to take them all off. About an hour later I get a call that they couldnt find any exhaust LEAK!!?? I returned to the shop asked if they had removed the shielding. I was told they couldnt find anything wrong with the exhaust. I said ok took my keys off the counter and walked out without even offering to pay. I dont pay for anything I didnt tell them to do. I didnt tell them to CHECK the exhaust I told them to remove the shields.
I went to another shop told them to take off the 2 rear most shields. They did it, I paid. It didnt fix the problem, but guess what I'll go back, because they did what I said to do. I know they wont be able to find the buzz, but cause it is random and only does it when I dont want it to. I'll continue removing the shield one piece at a time until it stops.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
You Paid?

I took the SVX in to have the exhaust shields removed. I told the guy they were rattling and I just wanted them to take them all off. About an hour later I get a call that they couldnt find any exhaust LEAK!!?? I returned to the shop asked if they had removed the shielding. I was told they couldnt find anything wrong with the exhaust. I said ok took my keys off the counter and walked out without even offering to pay. I dont pay for anything I didnt tell them to do. I didnt tell them to CHECK the exhaust I told them to remove the shields.
I went to another shop told them to take off the 2 rear most shields. They did it, I paid. It didnt fix the problem, but guess what I'll go back, because they did what I said to do. I know they wont be able to find the buzz, but cause it is random and only does it when I dont want it to. I'll continue removing the shield one piece at a time until it stops.
have you tried getting some big hose clamps (Home Depot) and tightening those around the heat shields?

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 06-17-2005, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
have you tried getting some big hose clamps (Home Depot) and tightening those around the heat shields?
Nah, I've been considering taking them off all along. I just have a reason to do it now.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
Why would you take it off? I asked my car shop teacher and he said he does not know of any advantage and only bad things for taking of the sheild. why are you removing yours? did you want to remove yours?
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:18 PM

Main reason : They are a pain in the butt. They rust on, and are prone to rattling. I do alot of my own work and I hate having to drill out the bolts just to get the things out of the way. I'm not going to remove all of them just about 2/3 of them. I'll leave the ones on the manifolds and near the tranny, but the rest are going away. I'll leave those purly to keep the heat down in under the hood.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: