How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 05-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Certified Porschephile

F1: The Germans are Back!!!!

Way to go Mercedes and BMW!!!! A total German podium!!!!! No french or Italians! I saw that Red Bull will have a new engine supplier next year. Which one is it? Honda is back for the next round, correct? Toyota is doing well and ford is gone, so it's looking up in F1. I'd still love to see a Porsche engine someday. I also saw how Jordan might be getting a new owner shortly.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:55 AM

I thought red bull as going to ferrari engines, mabye not. hat was sure an exciting race though, reminds me of racing my gokart
Old 05-23-2005, 03:00 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Hahah.... that title made me laugh... I work for a german company... and well, here is my bosses soundclip that his computer plays everytime he gets an email....

crap, how can i attach a sound file?

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 05-23-2005, 04:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_SVX
Way to go Mercedes and BMW!!!! A total German podium!!!!! No french or Italians! I saw that Red Bull will have a new engine supplier next year. Which one is it? Honda is back for the next round, correct? Toyota is doing well and ford is gone, so it's looking up in F1. I'd still love to see a Porsche engine someday. I also saw how Jordan might be getting a new owner shortly.
Red Bull will have Ferrari V8s next year. BAR are back for the next race, yes. Alex Schnaider said uncategorically that he's not selling Jordan, but you never know what never means.

Toyota has real form this season. Monaco wasn't really a course that their car could shine on, but Spa should be. I hope to see them do well at Indy for once. I've been wearing my Toyota hat the past few years, but they've shown nothing for it.

Kimi may be excellent, but he's no fun to watch win. What a robot. At least, when Michael was winning everything, there were things you could love or hate about him.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Agreed

"Kimi may be excellent, but he's no fun to watch win. What a robot"

Ah....yep.

When he DOES smile, it's like his face is in unfamiliar territory, and returns
to "normal" very quickly. He discusses his latest win like someone relating the experience of a root canal. Odd....but the lad can sure drive! Michael always celebrates like each win might be his last.

Of course, if McLaren and Renault and Toyota had their way.....

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 05-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Certified Porschephile

I really like McClaren-Mercedes because it's German powered and Warsteiner is the sponsor (The BEST beer; #1 in Germany Try it!). I like Heidfeld in the Willams-BMW as he is German in a German car. So I'm still in a toss up. F1 still needs more then 10 teams. Poor Minardi. ford lost a bundle and walked away. A Warsteiner sponsored McLaren-Porsche with Heidfeld or one of the Schues would be ideal!
Old 05-23-2005, 08:32 PM

Registered SVX
This is likely Heidfeld's one and only chance at a decent drive. He's always been competent, but never stunning. Don't get me wrong, I like that he has a decent car for once, but it's not likely he'll have another.

Who else heard that Scott Speed was going to be driving Red Bull's third car during Friday practice here at the USGP? Awesome.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 05-24-2005, 10:01 AM

Scott Speed's gonna drive? sweet man the red bull challenge is accualy doing waht is was suposed to. i was in it, dude it was fun. and yes the celebration may have been lack luster but didnt liek the prince die or sometihng?
Old 05-24-2005, 10:25 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmar
Scott Speed's gonna drive? sweet man the red bull challenge is accualy doing waht is was suposed to. i was in it, dude it was fun. and yes the celebration may have been lack luster but didnt liek the prince die or sometihng?
I don't mean the actual podium celebration. Kimi just doesn't show any kind of emotion, unless his car breaks on him a number of races in a row and he takes it out on the course workers.

Yes, Prince Rainier died in April. There was a moment of silence before the race for him, and the podium ceremony was definitely subdued - the royal family wasn't even there to present the trophies.

Scott Speed is going to drive Red Bull's 'third' car in Friday practice here at the USGP. Unfortunately I probably won't be there.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 05-24-2005, 11:10 AM
Certified Porschephile

Now if we can get ford back in, GM to field a decent entry, and like I wish for, Porsche, it would be great, no awesome, to see a 26 or more car field!
Old 05-24-2005, 04:11 PM

I would love to see the USGP, its right before my birthday too! the more i watch F1 the less Nascar does it for me. mabye its because when they do pass its like a big deal, i sure do love the starts though, all close like that! gokarting is totaly copying ever thing from F1, so i guess i'll just have to move up to F1
Old 05-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Certified Porschephile

The one thing that always bothered me about F1 was the elitism. When Schumacher leads every lap it's because of superior talent and equipment. When Jeff Burton did the unthinkable, and led every lap at New Hampshire a few years back, it was ripped as boring in Autoweek and other such pubs. NASCAR and F1 both have pros and cons. A true motor head likes ALL motorsports. I put myself in that group. NASCAR also has more then one pit stop, and when they do only 5 or 6 people do all the work. Pull into a F1 pit, and 12 people service a car that doesn't even get jacked up. There is room for both. U.S. open wheel, however, is a mess. IRL needs to do like NASACR and promote the drivers, not the teams. Who cares about Andretti-Green Racing? People want drivers to support. Where NASCAR shines is cars in the field, something for everyone. Anyone follow American LeMans? I like the new Daytona Prototypes. Lexus, Infinity, Porsche, Pontiac, and ford motors I believe. There may be a 6th.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:07 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
A true motor head likes ALL motorsports.
I can't stand NASCAR. I guess I'm not a 'true motorhead.'

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 05-24-2005, 09:35 PM

Quote:
A true motor head likes ALL motorsports.
I have to disagre, just because you dont like any speific auto racing venue doesnt mean your not a true motor nut. Motor sports probley have the largest rule diffrences, and genrale idea of how to run a spectator event than any other sport venue around. Basketball is pretty much the same with expection to some smaller rules ( 3 point line, inside hoop that doesnt alow for charges ext.), and even those create a vastley diffrent game, that some people dont like to watch.

Personaley, I will sometimes, watch about 10 mins of a Nascar race, but always turn it on for pretty much any rally event, FIA, SCCA, Dakar, Baja. I watch allot of F1, and genrale touring car races. I just cant stand watching people drive in a complete circle all day long. I dont know why, but it really seems to bring down the excitement and action of the race for me.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Certified Porschephile

The comment is meant to show lack of prejudice of one form over another. I like WRC and F1 and NASCAR. I don't blast NASCAR and call myself a F1 elitist like it's the only form of motorsport. But NASCAR has better RACING then F1. To each his own, but no artificial class levels here.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: