Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2004, 01:35 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by nextse7en
Good lord silver spear....

Man, which is it... a faded light or a bright light?

Any light is annoying when viewed dead on from 2 feet.
I guess when you turn the lights on in your car, they will appear faded, but don't push on your brakes or turn the twinklers on !! I think you will get a ticket in the States !!!

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:38 AM
Graphic Artist

sigh....

This is what I get for sharing....

lol...

Were is that special olympics poster about arguing over the internet when you need it, guilty as charged.

1995 Ebony Pearl. S.N. 0001 "Araby"

JDM Power Mode Switch, Integrated GPS/Video Player
6Xk Miles.

1992 Teal - Sold to Mysvxrocks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-19-2004, 01:58 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
come on, it's just a conversation ! no hard feelings

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:09 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
nextse7en

They look great, thank you for sharing. As soon as I get some time, I will do that to my car! Tom
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 11-19-2004, 09:21 AM
THAWA

Quote:
Originally posted by nextse7en
Now, on our cars, we have the following...
A reflector - this part is shiney - a racoon may even want to steal it!!! ... this casts light in a specific direction with a minimum of loss - and not all helter skelter like.

A focusing diffuser - this part is not shiney - no interest by mister raccoon! This little fellas job is to focus the light in a certain area - get this, in the center!!! by means of fluting and sphereizing, these means are accomplished....

An accessory diffuer - again - not shiney... this little puppys task is to look a certain way... and not in a different way...
it does absolutly nothing but please YOU the CUSTOMER!!!
I appologize. I thought the piece you removed was as you called it the focusing diffuser. I take it you only removed the accessory diffuser?
Old 11-19-2004, 10:36 AM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
Looks good can't wait to see the whole back done.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:45 AM
Graphic Artist

Yes thawa - I just took out the accesory - you cant see the bulb in there the light is still spread evenly over the area of the lens.

6Xk Miles.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-19-2004, 06:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to rmjjensen
DUDE! Take some pictures of the entire thing (even if u only removed let's say the left side diffuser). Show the backside with the lights off, and then parking lights on ......from angles too - none of this deadon crap.

Cuz so far I like it but want to know what the whole thing looks like

5-Speed Status: DONE!
Lambo Door Status: On hold but will be a success

04 WRX 5MT, STi Short Throw Shifter, Group N tranny mounts, AZA Z-2 18x7.5 Rims, slotted/cross drilled rotors, stainless steel lines, 35/20% window tint, ecu bead crush, power mode button; 7" In-dash touch screen LCD, mobile computer, voice recognition, alpine PXA-H701 DSP, 2 JBL amps, focal speakers all around, 5 farad cap, and fiberglassed subs in the trunk.

The Mobile Computer Interface - featuring the SVX | My Locker | My Secret Stash
Old 11-19-2004, 08:09 PM
You're mine!!

Send a message via AIM to rob_4187
Quote:
Originally posted by rmjjensen
DUDE! Take some pictures of the entire thing (even if u only removed let's say the left side diffuser). Show the backside with the lights off, and then parking lights on ......from angles too - none of this deadon crap.

Cuz so far I like it but want to know what the whole thing looks like
Im with him
Old 11-22-2004, 08:50 PM
THAWA

So I spoke with my friend that's a real automotive lighting buff. He agreed with me that this mod should not be done. He had numerous reasons for this, though a good one would be the legality of it. The "accessory" diffuser, I dont know why you called it that since it's just as important as the other diffusers, has a reflective piece in it. All cars sold (at least in the US) have to have one reflective red piece on each side in the rear so it can be visible at night when it is parked. On our cars it's the roudned rectangle inset on the outer brake lights. Remove that piece and you can't legally park your car anywhere. Thus your car is no longer street legal. So to reiterate, this mod is bad on more than one level. You should really put the diffuser back in.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:00 PM
You're mine!!

Send a message via AIM to rob_4187
Quote:
Originally posted by THAWA
All cars sold (at least in the US) have to have one reflective red piece on each side in the rear so it can be visible at night when it is parked.
I got a citation in my del sol for not having those in my euros. But I put some red reflective tape in them before a followup was done so they rejected it
Old 11-22-2004, 09:41 PM
THAWA

exactly!
Old 11-22-2004, 11:06 PM
Graphic Artist

Excellent point there, THAWA...

If I gave a rip about about my local authorities - I might put them back.

The way I see it, these are stock lenses - if mister cop pulls me over to ask where my light mounted reflectors are - that means I'm driving at night with no lights... - even then they are the lenses that came with the car - part numbers and everything - I could if I wanted to feign ignorance and pass... We don't have vehicle inspections around here so i'm not going to get caught that way...

At any rate - this was not a petition to tell other people to take out thier diffusers - this was me showing what I had done. Some people can appreciate it.

But - if this were a debate - I would have to hand you points... You did your research.

All the same, /= u ( |< da man.

And I'm just curious, I'm not trying to start an argument - but why does it matter to you so much? Just trying to get your perspective. You really don't like people doing stuff to thier lights. Why?

6Xk Miles.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by nextse7en; 11-22-2004 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:31 PM
THAWA

Well that was only one of the reasons. The others were more indepth.

The reason I'm adamant about lighting is it affects everyone on the road. Really I could care less what you do to your car so long as it doesn't have anything to do with myself or other drivers on the road, I'll complain about it but won't get mad. When it does affect myself and others is when I get concerned. I'm not against people modifiying lighting when it's thought out and researched. There is a good deal of stuff one could do to improve our lighting, and it'd be great if people did, but it doesn't seem like anyone has yet.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:39 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by THAWA
Well that was only one of the reasons. The others were more indepth.

The reason I'm adamant about lighting is it affects everyone on the road. Really I could care less what you do to your car so long as it doesn't have anything to do with myself or other drivers on the road, I'll complain about it but won't get mad. When it does affect myself and others is when I get concerned. I'm not against people modifiying lighting when it's thought out and researched. There is a good deal of stuff one could do to improve our lighting, and it'd be great if people did, but it doesn't seem like anyone has yet.
Well said !