Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 11:50 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
finally hooked a big fish

so i was going to work when i saw this new carerra gt pull quickly onto the highway i usually use. caught up to it riding opposite a camaro ss and i slid at about 80 between them. the porsche immediatley tailed me so i changed lanes and he guns it, the ss right behind. i try to keep up but i have to make a right turn at a red light thats about 600 ft away and they are staying in the left lane. suffice to say they would have dusted me in the long run but i dont do it for glory. thrill is all i want.

later that day my coworker asked me something about a brown jeep with NASA in large letters across the back. hmm...

something odd: i put some octane booster in today after filling with chevron 92 and got 40 more miles out of half a tank than usual.
it usually hits half at 129 miles, but its sitting at 166 right now a little above half. i even raced the engine quite a bit.
think that stuff worked that well?

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 10-18-2003, 06:32 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
Octane booster isnt going to give you more horsepower. It just prevents knocking when you have a forced induction engine. You should really finish modding your Stealth because thath as more potential than the SVX.

Racing definitely isnt worth it and I really hate to say but I feel really bad for the next person who purchases your car after you.
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 10-18-2003, 10:17 AM
Hater

Re: finally hooked a big fish

Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.
so i was going to work when i saw this new carerra gt pull quickly onto the highway i usually use.
this is the Carrera GT that you saw?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0107carreragt1.jpg (146.1 KB, 329 views)

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-18-2003, 10:37 AM

That thing is HOT!

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 10-18-2003, 10:46 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by petesvx2
That thing is HOT!
that thing is a $600,000+ limited edition V10 supercar, so i'm just trying to make sure that's what he was street racing.

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-18-2003, 12:56 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
i know it didnt really increase hp, but it did make the fuel burn cleaner and increased my mileage about 20%. at this rate ill hit over 300 miles til the empty mark instead of 220.

dont feel bad for the next person who owns my car cuz ive vowed to keep it for all eternity. as for racing i understand your point, but i am a young thrill seeker that gets depressed at home so i go out a lot. i happen to own highway capable vehicles.

yes that is the one. ive seen him before but this is the first one i ever saw going above speed limit. my guess is he finally broke it in.

also saw a yellow 911 turbo last night on my home from the strip. looked like he was heading in.

as for the stealth vs svx mods, im using the svx for winter, contrary to what i wanted, so theres not much i can do to make it more winter streetable. the stealth is fast enough that ill just save my money for a while.
although, i was informed there was a lone svx in a junkyard 50 miles away (that makes 15), and a stealth r/t from which i will nab a turbine for cheap and bolt it in. that thing is boost ready.
yeeeeeaaaahhh baby yeah.

btw, that stealth/gto v board really sucks. this has to be the best forum ever concieved people and all. really.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 10-18-2003 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:49 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: finally hooked a big fish

Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.

something odd: i put some octane booster in today after filling with chevron 92 and got 40 more miles out of half a tank than usual.
it usually hits half at 129 miles, but its sitting at 166 right now a little above half. i even raced the engine quite a bit.
think that stuff worked that well?
Mine is sitting right now at 3/4 tank with over 120 miles. I always get at least 100 miles before it dips below 3/4 tank. Half tank I am at 200.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 10-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
>sigh<

One more strike against your credibility NikFu. Increasing the octane will not increase your gas mileage. I suggest you read this thread about increased octane and read my post (by Ca$h) on page 4.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...5&pagenumber=4

- Rob
Old 10-20-2003, 09:27 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
damn your credibility rating of me. damn it to hell.
i dont care what you say or if you type a report on octane history. the bottle said it would do that and increase performance and im seeing results.

whether or not The Outlaw octane booster had anything to do with it, or it was 2 degree drop in temperature i dont know for sure, but i will find out on this next tank i have filled earlier today.
--

im definitely feeling more "umph" at 3500-4000 rpms that sends me into my seat. on top of that all my quarters fell out of my coin holder for the first time on hard acceleration (werd!). dont tell me it didnt do anything cuz it did.

Old 10-20-2003, 09:45 PM
155mphguy

Do you know what octane booster does ? Do you know the difference between high and low octane Chicane ? No ? Well , let's go to school for a minute or two.

Low octane fuel has more H²o ( Water ) mixed with the petrol.

High Octance ( The expensive gas you most likely can't afford. )
Of 90+ Has a highly reduced amount of water mixed with it , Reason being , It's purer fuel thus , Price difference.
Lets compare like this , Egg or steak , Which you want for dinner ?
Haha. Anyways . Back to octane , When you have 85 - 90 Octane , You car will run slugishly , Most due to the fact it's not getting a full compression and explosion or burn off for intake spark or exhaust spark. With higher octances , You get more 'Bang for the buck' meaning your burning over 95% of your fuel and not in the high 80's to low 90's.

Now as you prove your ignorance and extent of knowledge about fuel burning. Let me tell you this. Cleaner fuel ( Higher Octane , Less Water ) Will imprive the gas milage of the vehicle as well as the over haul performance , In won't 'increase' your Horse power by any means , However , It will give you back lost HP through low rated octane gasoline. So added octane ( Octane Booster ) Will improve over all haul performance , Lost HP , Better Gas Milage , Lower Temps and Less wear and tear.
Performance through additives varies from engine/maker.

That is all.

Last edited by 155mphguy; 10-20-2003 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:51 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
egg or steak... man you crack me up.
true that the booster i used contains a large concentration of distillates, which help release more bang and less knock in the combustion chamber radically effecting things such as mileage and performance.

Old 10-20-2003, 10:52 PM
bthomas

NikFus credibility went down the drain rob, when I saw the cone filter sitting in his hot engine bay sucking in hot air. Also when I saw the Ebay "performance module". Good luck when you blow it up. I also gaurantee that was NOT a carrera GT he saw. No way, what are there maybe a couple imported to the US and who the hell is acutally going to drive a car like that that much, especially when other people are on the road. Also, why would he bother street racing an SVX and a Camaro SS? Hmm...
-Bryan
Old 10-20-2003, 11:15 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by bthomas
NikFus credibility went down the drain rob, when I saw the cone filter sitting in his hot engine bay sucking in hot air. Also when I saw the Ebay "performance module". Good luck when you blow it up. I also gaurantee that was NOT a carrera GT he saw. No way, what are there maybe a couple imported to the US and who the hell is acutally going to drive a car like that that much, especially when other people are on the road. Also, why would he bother street racing an SVX and a Camaro SS? Hmm...
-Bryan
so your siding with rob huh? that wont get you far, especially since i dont get hot engine air being that i live in alaska. you dont even feel the heat standing in front of a freshly opened hood, driven engine.

as for the perf module thats whats keeping my car running. without it it would die due to the timing being off SLIGHTLY. (how many times do i have to explain this...)

and as for alaskan cars, a lot of rich people move up here to get away from you ill mannered lower 48 kids. >:P
i saw that guy again today too. maybe he just likes to drive it and maybe he needs to make up for something, maybe it was a boxster s who knows.
you cant speak for other people.
personally i feel he had something to prove. SVXi are popular here, maybe he owned on. maybe im driving the one he owned. who the hell knows, and why do you care so much to get on my case about it.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 10-20-2003 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:19 PM
155mphguy

Don't sweat those that don't know...Especially some one from Newark , Delaware.

What's the difference between a prostitute and a crack dealer?

A prostitute can wash her crack and sell it again.
XD

Last edited by 155mphguy; 10-20-2003 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:30 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by 155mphguy
Do you know what octane booster does ? Do you know the difference between high and low octane Chicane ? No ? Well , let's go to school for a minute or two.A bunch of stupid crap that only solidifies the fact that 155mphguy knows nothing
Okay... yes. The H6 will not run as well on LOWER octane. But the SVX engine will run exactly the same on 93 octane as it will on 95 octane, 96 octane, or 110 octane. It's only when you go BELOW what it was designed for... in fact, you want to use the minimum amount of octane you can get away with without having detonation. But of course, you knew that, because you read the thread I linked you to. Wait a minute. I don't think you did.

- Rob
Closed Thread