Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-06-2003, 05:18 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

O/T Anyone know how XT6 Motorized belts work?

I can't get the drivers side XT seat belt to work. Its one of those motorized things. Anybody have a wiring diagram or exactly what is involve other than the track, sensors on the sides of the track and the motor? I don't have anything on it in my repair manuals. Is there a main computer or something in the door. I'd suspect its similar to the early SVXs system. Pass side works fine but I can't seem to trace the wires that well.
Old 01-06-2003, 05:27 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Post this question at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xt6
There are a few people with the Factory Service Manuals on there, that might scan the pages you need and send them to you.
I don't have the manual myself, so can't be of much help.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 01-06-2003, 05:58 PM
Is it Summer yet?

Re: O/T Anyone know how XT6 Motorized belts work?

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob
I can't get the drivers side XT seat belt to work. Its one of those motorized things. Anybody have a wiring diagram or exactly what is involve other than the track, sensors on the sides of the track and the motor? I don't have anything on it in my repair manuals. Is there a main computer or something in the door. I'd suspect its similar to the early SVXs system. Pass side works fine but I can't seem to trace the wires that well.
Ben, I have the Subaru Service Manuals for the 88 XT/XT6. I saw you got some good tips on the XT6 site, but if this fails and you need pages let me know.
I don't have a scanner, but I'd be happy to fax them to you.
Let me know.
06 Chevy Malibu 71K
13 Outback 0K
Old 01-09-2003, 05:45 PM

XT6 Moto belt prob

Hey Colin,
If you don't mind I could use a fax of the electrical system for the belts. I got a new working motor and also got a new door latch assembly from today's score at the junkyard. Someone had just brought an XT6 in. Keys were still in it as was the battery. Thing fired up just fine. If I unplug it motor will take the belt back but other than that nothing. There's some funky wiring and cut wires under the dash that I can't figure out where the go. Don't look like they belong to the belts but could be wrong. Also, anything you have about the brain for the belts would be great too!. Work fax is 717-665-2928. Cover letter with my name on it or on the top would be fine. Thanks
Ben
Old 01-10-2003, 06:21 AM

Thanks Colin!

Does your manual say where the control unit is on the car. I know for the SVX its behind the rear shelf.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:19 PM
Is it Summer yet?

Ben, I only have the Electrical Section with me at the office. I'll check the Body Section this evening and let you know what I find out.
06 Chevy Malibu 71K
13 Outback 0K
Old 01-10-2003, 04:57 PM
Is it Summer yet?

Re: Thanks Colin!

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob
Does your manual say where the control unit is on the car. I know for the SVX its behind the rear shelf.
Ben, the control unit is located just behind the passenger side seat belt motor assembly. The diagram shows it bolted right next to the motor at floor level between the front passenger seat and rear seat. It'll be behind the trim there.
Hope that helps.
06 Chevy Malibu 71K
13 Outback 0K
Old 01-14-2003, 03:15 PM

Big thanks to Colin!!

Thanks Colin,
The wiring diagrams didn't help but one thing listed in the trouble shooting did! I guess you have to disconnect the battery when you replace a part to reset the computer. Did it this pm and the drivers side belt flew forward when I opened the door. Its working like a charm now. On the pain in the butt side. I took it out to Lowe's for some more supplies and the rear right tire blew. It was well beyond its life but I couldn't get the thing off (have been trying for a week of and on to put the junkyard wheels on the thing). Had to drive 2 miles with a flat to Sears. Believe it or not they didn't charge a thing to take the wheel off and put my doughnut on. I might even think about taking my XT there for the next tires. Now, I must put all the trim and rear seats back in for my am inspection.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:23 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
One method I have used for removing stubborn wheels (rusted on) is by loosening the nuts from the wheel a little bit and rocking the car side by side a bit before jacking up the car.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:12 PM

removing wheels

Did that but excellent tip. I even drove about 5 miles with 3 loose lug nuts on with no success. Just missed by a day going in for inspection and a nice sturdy lift to use for banging it off.