IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-11-2001, 09:03 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: non turbo svx

Quote:
Originally posted by pickles*****
While you gents were emailing the seller of this nonturbo SVX, did any of you let him know of this club or the Yahoo one so he could set the new owner up with a "membership"?
Mike
HA!

...uh...<gulp>...no...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 07-11-2001, 10:16 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Thumbs up Network membership "sales"

Quote:
Originally posted by pickles*****
While you gents were emailing the seller of this nonturbo SVX, did any of you let him know of this club or the Yahoo one so he could set the new owner up with a "membership"?
Mike

That is a really good idea! A way to get more people involved in the Network and help with understanding their new car. I have a buddy who stops by the dealers whenever he sees an SVX for sale and tries to convince them to let him put a club decal in the windshield for this purpose. A good way to get some local interest, aside from leaving cards on windshields in parking lots.

But the ebay idea would be great, maybe all of us should bombard all the sellers with the request.

Of course, as I commented earlier in this thread, there seems to be a trend of ignorant (or purposefully deceptive) sellers of SVXes on Ebay. (see my previous post) They may not want their buyer to find out how they got ripped off!

To be fair, I'm sure most of these mistakes are just misinformation and no malice is intended. Before I was part of these clubs, I knew very little about my car and could have easily posted it for sale on Ebay with backwards wheels or something if I had received the car in that condition. (fortunately I didn't )
Old 07-11-2001, 10:56 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I have been visiting dealers with SVX in their lots and dropping off the SVX network card in the SVX for the new owner. The dealers don't mind so far.
Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-11-2001, 10:17 PM
picklesbitch

Re: Network membership "sales"

Quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver

But the ebay idea would be great, maybe all of us should bombard all the sellers with the request.

Bombarding them probably wouldn't be a good idea, but if someone individual who checks ebay svxs out were to do it, that wouldn't be so annoying. Imagine getting 200+ emails telling you about a club...