Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 11-21-2011, 06:12 AM

Registered SVX
Re: should i fix her or get another and keep her for parts ?

so does anyone know if the manual setup (pedals etc ) for a dual range gen 3 2000 lib/ leg (i guess outback too cos they are the same thing with a bit of extra plastic on them )

will work with an 06 wrx box , i know i would probably need a solid flywheel and wrx clutch kit for the wrx box and matching rear diff, mainly just wondering if pedals will work with both

as well as the lib driveshaft (its a wagon and apparently is the right length for it )

im thinking i will fit the dual range box in #1 and see how it handles the power then get a wrx box if it goes bang
and it can be the modded pearlie

and il keep #2 factory stock
Old 11-21-2011, 10:07 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by aust92pearl View Post
so does anyone know if the manual setup (pedals etc ) for a dual range gen 3 2000 lib/ leg (i guess outback too cos they are the same thing with a bit of extra plastic on them )

will work with an 06 wrx box , i know i would probably need a solid flywheel and wrx clutch kit for the wrx box and matching rear diff, mainly just wondering if pedals will work with both

as well as the lib driveshaft (its a wagon and apparently is the right length for it )

im thinking i will fit the dual range box in #1 and see how it handles the power then get a wrx box if it goes bang
and it can be the modded pearlie

and il keep #2 factory stock
The WRX trans will want hydraulic clutch pedals. I don't know if you can use the one with the other.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 11-21-2011, 03:11 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
The WRX trans will want hydraulic clutch pedals. I don't know if you can use the one with the other.
oh ok damn, well i guess i could do it anyway and then swap clutch setups when i get the other box
thanks icing
Old 11-21-2011, 03:16 PM

Registered SVX

And they are duel range trans. ? We have a Legacy run here also. motorcycles ( an Organization I belong to American Legion Riders ) rides to raise money for children of Vets killed in war time . It pays the education for his children .
Old 11-21-2011, 04:16 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
And they are duel range trans. ? We have a Legacy run here also. motorcycles ( an Organization I belong to American Legion Riders ) rides to raise money for children of Vets killed in war time . It pays the education for his children .
yes most are a dual range trans
http://offroadingsubarus.com/images/...or_14-4-07.jpg
this pic is a brumby i think but same idea the lever beside the handbrake is the high/low range selector

oh ok fair enough
Old 11-23-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
all aus spec boxes from liberty and some from impreza after 96 are hydraulic, the only difference between turbo and non turbo is the rubber hose and the slave cylinder. the 06 wrx uses the same style of clutch as the non turbo anyway, if you want the better pull type clutch you want a turbo box from 94 to 05, after that they cut the good clutches from the line up of all 5 speed cars, only 6 speeds used the pull type clutch.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:53 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

I just thought of something. You guys are right-hand drive right? That would probably make putting hydro pedals in a lot easier.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 12-07-2011, 02:17 AM

Quote:
I just thought of something. You guys are right-hand drive right? That would probably make putting hydro pedals in a lot easier.
yeah mine has a hyd clutch setup in it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: