Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2008, 10:17 PM

"First and foremost, please treat all members with the same amount of respect you wish to receive. If you do not wish to receive respect, you probably don’t belong here." thats from rsvx on the forum rules.... you guys show me no respect and you guys obviously wont leave so that means ill just not belong here...
Old 02-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
O.k I have to chime in now.

At first everyone did respect you as they do any new member. You started by asking for help with some problems your SVX was having but before you got it fixed you went "4x4' ing with it. You then posted you had problems afterwards with the oil. You fixed that and started a quest on S/C. Which was great go for it. You took the constructive criticism o.k in that thread but everyone made a valid post and you listen to reason I think. Personally the only issue I had was with the Mall Cop, you did something very stupid there and you car suffered the punishment.

You then started the thread about your tail lights and Exhaust this is where it got kinda ugly. People tried to inform you that your tail lights were illegal you replied with sarcastic remarks. You replied "who the hell cares if i smoke my tail lights, you think im discracing the svx huh?" but you posted it so you wanted people to know. You got upset because you wanted everyone to like your mods but instead they informed you what you did was illegal and didnt like it so you get upset. You left that thread and started the custom "Downpipes".

This is really where it got ugly. People really either tried to get you to understand it wouldnt work like that or just said GL. You don't listen to reason and then found out they were right. You edited your post so I can't go back and read your replies.

The main issue I see here is you refused to listen to reason and are angry now people are coming down hard on you because you are not treating a car people on here have come to love and respect like they feel it should be. Your car wasn't in the best state and you are worried about going faster. You shouldn't really get mad at people you didnt listen to them and they were right to begin with. I'm not talking about the S/c if you could have figured a way out then that would have been great but the others.

Just clam down for a bit.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 02-09-2008, 01:27 AM

NEVER did i say "what do you think of my "blank"", i was stating not asking for opinions on my tail lights or exhaust... i told people i smoked my lights, i put a picture up and they wanted to see them in day light, i do and then i get bad comments, i wasnt asking for peoples oppionion, i just showed them what they wanted, jesus christ, why was the leaf blower supercharger so hard to understand, it pushed 4psi, but people think i lie or sumthing and say 4psi is like 1hp..., and my exhaust, im trying to tell you guys that i did listen to what you guys said and thats why i went to equal length pipes after you telling me that its not a good idea so stfu on the exhaust please, dessertrunner takes his svx off-road hardcore and i havent seen one post of trash towards him.... try putting yourself in my position... if you dont like what you read on my threads then dont even look at it, thats why i dont understand why tom and sicksubie kept coming to the threads to just insult me over and over
Old 02-09-2008, 06:45 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
immature...yes. Funny as hell.... Hell yes. I have tried over and over to explain WHY things you are making need to be designed in a certain way. You disregarded my advice along with numerous other people's. You keep posting youtube videos basically to wait for someone to praise you work, this leaves them open to criticism. Since you did not listen and now your exhaust sounds like I and many others expected it to.... I found the need to laugh my ass off for a couple minutes. Get over it. If you would have listened to anything we had to say, you would have saved two weeks of your time making these and it would not "sound like a bad of asses smells"

Tom
Old 02-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
hey, my car makes a hell of a lot of noise. But there is good reason behind it. This has no reason except to make noise. I wish you would focus your efforts on projects that may yield some improvement rather than hinder your car's performance

Tom
Quote:
no it was not Trevor, I was asking if Cruisen would please push his efforts (which are full of energy) to something that might be beneficial rather than degrading the car's performance.

Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix View Post
yes, joining the pipes in this manner is useless unless you are cramming a turbo in there... even then, that isn't the way I would do it.

It will not rumble, it is a physical imposibility to get the boxer rumble by simply makin the head pipes unequal (unless you have a H4 engine).... you would have to plumb a whole lot of pipe and swap two cylinders from opposite ends running them into into a balance tube which connects to only one bank (incomplete)... and it would still hurt your performance.

Now... the unequal head pipe setup WILL make a "blurble" sound and rattle... the "blurble" will sound almost like a backfire without the !!!pOp!!! and not be too noticable, other than to hint that your engine is having a hard time.

It would be cool if I'm wrong... but put the flow on paper, look at your CFMs and do the math... compare it to your fire order and you'll see.

It sounds like you're almost there so we'll see... please post a vid if you insist on going through with it. Not to say I told you so or anything like that, but I think it would be useful for people to know what was done and what the results are. In fact I'm thinking I should take a ride with my camera next weekend just to do the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetItSnow View Post
Outside of the aesthetics, masculinity, and correct term for "manpurse", I think we're pursuing some issue of these exhaust manifolds?

Any mods will pretty much come down to these factors:
* functionality
* bling
* wallet punishment

Hopefully you'll get at least one return from one cost.

The question some of us are asking cruisen_15 is: Why are you building your exhaust this way? "Anything is better than stock" is not good engineering. Is this a quest for more power? Is this a quest for flash? Is this the pursuit of wallet beating without regard for the other two?

Correct headers to me are equal length, the correct diameter, lightweight, made of materials that can endure Syracuse's salt-laiden winter roads, and full of beautiful welds. This calls for some serious calculations, and stainless steel doesn't soften the budget.

If cruisen_15 wants to create his own, then that's all well and good, but if it's got no science behind it, it's a crapshoot on whether it will drag his engine down.

The difference:

* I welded some tubes together. They look pretty cool.

* I welded some tubes together, creating runners that are equal in length, that meet in flow supporting couplers, and that have IDs that are conducive to purging the cylinders. They're good for performance, and as a side effect, they look pretty cool, too.

Some of us hope for the latter, is all.
Quote:
i clarified that earlier, he is making "head pipes" not headers. Nothing to see here... move along

Tom
Cliff notes for those looking on... My argument was to direct Cruisen to do the right thing before making a mess.... Totally disregarded any of the quotes above and refused to answer any why questions or pay attention to any constructive criticism of his efforts. Then I decided to make it something worth even posting about w/ teh FunNeh!!

Tom
Old 02-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
People come on here and read your post about some design and tell you that it wont work but think it out. They read your car was having problems and then you go offroading that is the issue people had. Not the fact you were off-roading but the fact your SVX was having problems and you did it. Then you posted your car had problems with the oil afterwards.

You trying the S/c of your own design was great but people informed you that it wasn't logical. Then came the mall cop story man, that probably didn't sit good with a lot of people because you did something stupid and your car suffered the punishment. I don't recall knocking your exhaust idea but you did state in one of the post you edited that you were after sound like an WRX. They were very nice about it at first but explained that is will most likely hinder your car. You went with it out and found out they were right. But instead of accepting it you said it sounded like a Ferrari. That opened the door.

There is nothing wrong with building something of your own design if you were after a certain sound why not ask for help on how to get a certain sound and how exhaust sound are made. If you want to build something of your own design take a step forward by learning from others failures and achievements.

No one was trying to crap on your design but wanted to help you design something beneficial. Maybe tom was a little cruel in his methods but you ignored him in all other ways he posted. But its your car do what you want Just attempt to accept advice instead of throwing it out the window.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
Old 02-09-2008, 12:35 PM

ok well i get where you guys are coming from with the advice, i did read all of your post but it wasnt that i didnt listen, its that i wanted to try it anyways to make sure that failur was correct and that i can learn what works and what doesnt, i dont learn by reading, i learn from being hands on.... i ment my exhaust sounded like a ferrari with the equal lenght pipes, but w/e on that note, i take it back, and its not like other people dont go and do snow doughnuts.... i just had happend to have security come after me, im very sure lots of members here in my position would have taken the route i had if they were in my possition, these mall cops take thier jobs to serious and would have given me a ticket.

so i just want people to understand that i do take your advice, its just that i want to know for myself that it wont work. im willing to say sorry to people if they feel thier advice was thrown out the window. but im not going to say sorry for the cruel insults by others.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisen_15 View Post
ok well i get where you guys are coming from with the advice, i did read all of your post but it wasnt that i didnt listen, its that i wanted to try it anyways to make sure that failure was correct and that i can learn what works and what doesnt, i dont learn by reading, i learn from being hands on.... its not like other people dont go and do snow dough nuts.... i just had happened to have security come after me, im very sure lots of members here in my position would have taken the route i had if they were in my position, these mall cops take their jobs too serious and would have given me a ticket.

but im not going to say sorry for the cruel insults by others.
Thats fine if you learn from hands on and not reading. Different people learn different ways. Just try to open yourself to advice from people who have been in your shoes a few years ago . As far as the Mall cop thing it wasn't so much that you did it but in the tone of you post. But its in the past but for future reference if something like that happens I think it would be best to exclude mall cops ^^. As far as the insults by others I just think they were at a point they were tired of giving advice and resorted to other methods. I think its time we let this thread go . By all means continue to mod your SVX.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:08 PM

well i already started on other mods... im changing the dash lights to red instead of green. im painting the trim black. im going to buy a high flow cat, and the tips for my exhaust. but though wiked said we can let this thread go, i dont think people are willing to forget and forgive, and will continue to be slitly rude on post, but i think im not going to do anymore threads. this is probably my last one.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:52 AM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisen_15 View Post
...the tips for my exhaust...
this will help the sound of your exhaust a bit as some of that noise is the air breaking on the heatshield.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?