How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

Oh the purists are just gonna love you as much as they do me

Problems with Porsche engines? It's not that they have major problems, except for a few issues with pulling head studs and stuff(mostly old mag cases) but rather the cost and scarcity of parts to rebuild. Consider that I could buy 4 or 5 complete EG33's for the price of a set of P&C's(pistons and cylinders) for your average 3.3L turbo. Most of the MFI parts are VERY rare and original rebuild parts for the 2.7's through 3 and 3.3L turbos are falling off the face of the planet more and more each day. Reliability is not an issue with vehicles that have been maintained. I'd say a good half of my p-car customers have motors pushing 200K miles and have only had valve covers opened up for basic valve adjustments and things like crank seals or chain tensioner upgrades. As with any motor if you treat it bad it goes south quick, and that doubles for Porsche motors.

Nice build though. You'll have to drop me a link or two for pictures or whatnot. Are you a Pelican or Rennlist member? What's you screen name over there? Are you using an stock 915 transaxle in that car???

*** EDIT****

hahah Ok Now I remember you over on Pelican I'm such a tard

hehe liquic cooled in a pre 996 era 911. Yup, I can see the purists getting their torches and hatchets now hahaha aaaaaaaaaaa....man I hate those guys!

Seriously though, nice build! Not too often I see a good swap but this one looks clean and sounds great. Thinking of an RSR look yet

Last edited by Boxersix; 01-27-2008 at 10:35 PM.