Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Graphic Artist

It's my thinking that what one does to the visual aspects of one's car are off limits to fruitless criticism.

But since you asked....

I think the design, in and of itself, has merit, and as has been said before, the craftsmanship looks excellent.

The bumper itself is perhaps a bit too large. If I were to constructively criticise to my tastes (what a worthless thing to do )

Some smaller fog lamps, a little higher off the ground, staying closer in to the body, and filling that gaping maw with some mesh.

That being said, I wish I had your skill with fiber.

-Patrick

1995 Ebony Pearl. S.N. 0001 "Araby"

JDM Power Mode Switch, Integrated GPS/Video Player
6Xk Miles.

1992 Teal - Sold to Mysvxrocks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
saw it at the meet...Looked better in person than in pictures. The paint is pretty wild, and the bodywork underneath is quite straight. Though the modifications arent my thing, I must give some credit.
Here's a diffrent shot of the trippy paint

Dont know if that's what you used, but I think ALSA has a paint with that effect. Looks really cool, because the flake is a diffrent color of the spectrum not only with the angle of the light but the shape of the panels
edit: Am I wrong is guessing you used a coating like this OVER a base that already had a gold flake to it? the other picture picked up the gold, and it can be seen i mine as well

Coming from working at a body shop, and being as anal retentive as I am, I have some usefull input. The side skirts have a nice look, but they just weren't done right. The best way to do it would be to take off what you have on there, smooth the ridge where the new peice meets the old using filler, then use that whole side merely as a mold for a complete 1 piece unit. It'd be a hell of alot of work, but the install would be much cleaner, and you wouldnt have a seam where the new piece is, and no worrys about seperation

for the bumper, if you finished it off with a black mesh it might tone it down a notch. I know you havent put the mesh in yet, so you actually have a chance to toss this idea around. what might look pretty cool is a gold color like your wheels, but that'd put the volume at 11(Of course, only the people that like the music you play arent going to mind)

Im intrested though, if you had any plans for the rear bumper. Something tells me if the rear had almost a corvette kind of roll to the back it'd balence the visual load of the front bumper.
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Last edited by It's Just Eric; 10-29-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:59 PM

Thumbs up Great comments keep them comming

Thanks everyone. As posted in my FIRST post to this thread MY SVX IS NOT DONE!!

There is silver mesh to be put on the front, and in those pics AS I STATED NO CLADDING Meaning Side Skirts. I hope no one would actualy think that I would do all this work and not finish up the job with side skirts and finish the front with silver mesh. The skirts were just put on there with 15 year old two way tape found in the back of a tool box and some sheet metal screws, just to get it to the meet. And also I dought I would use WHITE 2 way tape to put these side skirt on. RIGHT? I thought that it would kind of have been obvious seeing the rest of the work is excelent. There are stainless steel brackets and new 3M BLACK 2 way tape that holds the skirt on as good as our origional clading mounts ever did. In fact due to the poor design that causes the doors to rust out behind the origional cladding (At least on my SVX it did) I welded the holes shut and used 3M 2 Way tape there also.
Like I said, thanks again for all the input. and keep it comming good and bad. I'll keep you all posted as to the finished product, and try to get some new pics up soon. In fact if anyone has any from the meet please post them as my cammera had a format disk error and I lost 20+ pics including the ones of my car.

Later,
Gary
Old 10-29-2007, 06:09 PM

Talking Paint is..............

The paint is House of Kolor the flake is House of Kolor is called Fools Gold Kamillion and it's discontinued but I have like 6 oz. left so I think I'm good.
Later,
Gary
Old 10-29-2007, 11:50 PM

Thanks

Eric thanks for posting the pic it shows the paint the best that I've seen. It's all about block sanding and a good buff job.

LATER,
GARY
Old 10-30-2007, 06:18 PM

As stated before, your workmanship is outstanding. I like the front alot. I don't think it's too much. The lagre round fog lights offset the narrow headlights. I don't see any faults with your style or execution. It;s definetly not a subtle mod but a good one. I have more interest and will PM you.