Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southwest Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 10:16 AM

Fairfield Drive & BBq Sunday July 29th 2007

List of who is bringing stuff:
OrangeDot3083
Roo
pleiad7

List of who is going on the drive:
OrangeDot3083 <-- Chill Group Leader
BM STi <-- Aggressive Group Leader
Bolshoi125
GoodTimes
SubieBabe
wrxtunerd +3
flipmode
tamashi523
05 Black WRX <-- Low Middle Group Leader
Jabel
Roo
pleiad7
rau +1
flatline
crfsti <-- Back up Group Learder
vroompssh
tanz1983 <-- High Middle Group Leader
tecnica tech
4URABUS
Schuster
RallyTard
TronWeRX +2
Tueman23
MydreamcarWRX +1
SubieRS
katmaxin +2
MindzeyeWRX02
wrxisthebest
imout +2
Dong Homez
cal
Bobbywrx
its_james
Musto +1
importfanatic17
dlouie87
USAF_STi
ryansti
wrxhottie06
kaiba
subaman24 +1
KM-Subie +2
PerrinWrx04
salvator_rizzo <-- Canxed
Subiechk
antiJDM
Matrix021 +1
EQ Tuning
pj21086 +1
subby00
Sharky <--Gas is not that bad... and if this is not ever a valid reason to waste gas then I don't know what is!
microwave +1
scooby_snacks
John <-- not me, sam's friend
Meraje
Alex
grewal06
EZTurbo
motorpotor +1 or 2 <-- Please firm this up as soon as possable
Tueman23 +1 an 1/2
Trader54321
Trader54321's buddy <-- Please give me a first name and first letter of last name, thanks.
SickNic +1
maddhatteroo7
xen808
x002x +1 <-- Canxed
Ethos +1
Kostamojen
supermoose
Mark (04 fxt) <-- Canxed
flysti05
psoper <-- Stop whinning like a little girl and get the sand out of your gine... If any thing do the drive in the chill group.
grewal06
JDMGC8
Wayne
03_Impreza_Al
sauuce <-- Set two alarm clocks!!!!!
EdfromSF
SVXcellent
Whoopdeedoo!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***NOTE of IMPORTANCE***

1st Notice
I have been told that we may have to pay the park entry fee of $3 per car. Even I have to pay, kind of f'd up that I have to pay to go to my own BBq, anyway. There may be people working that little booth when you first come in to the park. If that is the case then you will have to pay it to come in. This is a different fee then the one for the food.

2nd Notice

I would like every one to bring one SubieSport. I believe yall are smart enough to guess why. If you don’t know what a SubieSport is go to your local Barnes and Noble and pick one up. You will love me for showing you the light.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who: Any one that loves Subaru’s
What: A get together for a big BBQ and a DRIVE
When: Sunday July 29th 2007 9:30 a.m. SHARP
Where: Pena Adobe / Lagoon Valley park in Vacaville
Why: I have finally figured it out! This is my last one!
How: It’s a you bring money, food is already there.

Let me splane. This is the... fifth? time for a BBQ at this place and it will be my LAST. It's not that I don't like you guys or that I have not had a fun time putting these on. I am getting out of active duty Air Force and going home to Ohio. I would hope that we get a good turn out. Also the drive has been made longer, but more on that later.

What I want to have happen is four or five people buy the food. We are talking simple stuff hotdogs/bratwurst, hamburgers, buns, charcoal, pop and ice that’s it. Also we will need someone to bring the coolers and grilling supplies, I have a set that I will bring, but from experience we need two. For everyone else it will be "like" a two dollar entry fee. That way, if the local people buy the food we can just get it the morning of and then have one "NON-SUBARU" car used as a storage car and leave it at the park with every thing in it. I will need to know who is planning on showing up so we know how much food to buy. I will keep a running list of who is doing what. Who ever helps with buying the food will be reimbursed with the "entry fee" money.

Here's how it’s going to work. We will drive and then go to the park and cook the food. We will need everyone that is going on the drive to show up at Lagoon Park at 0930 with the Aggressive group leaving at 1000. If you miss the group you wanted to drive with tuff kitty poo. You will have to go with one of the slower groups. The drive will take right around an 2 hours and 45min.
*gasp*
Yes you read it right. The drive is now a hour longer at LEAST. There is no shorter version any more. We will all run this new route.

We will have four groups; an aggressive group, two medium groups and a chill group. The aggressive group will be led by someone that has already driven the route and it will more likely be Adam or Allen. Depending on who lead's the aggressive group will dictate who will lead the other groups. I will be leading the chill group that is for sure. There will be two stops along the way to let the cars cool a little and for us to get out and stretch. There will be NO planned stop to get gas! So get it before you get to the park.

FYI, I will not be held responsible for any thing that may go wrong on this drive. If you go, you go knowing full well that some thing may go wrong. We will do everything with in our power to make sure some thing does not happen.

Here is the lovely map I made.

Green is the starting point.
Yellow is our first stop on this drive.
Pink our second stop.
Red is where the drive will end. Then back to the park, which is right up the road.

We will take 128 all the way to pope canyon rd. They intersect right at Lake Hennessey. From there it is north to Lake Berryessa and back down the west side of the lake. We will take 128 back to 121 and head back to our normal stopping point.

I will post this across a lot of forums like iwsti.com, i-club.com, clubwrx.net, rs25.com and nasioc.com. Everyone that wanted a Sunday meet is getting one and this is right in the middle of Sac and San Fran areas. And... AND... its now a longer drive witch every one was asking for! Let me know what you think.

Check the link for a map of the palce insert link here you will have to zoom out a little too. I realize that is to the saddle shop but you need to enter the park on the north side near the saddle shop. I could not get the entrance to come up on map quest.

Here a description of the Park that I got from cityofvacaville.com

Lagoon Valley Park
Pena Adobe Road just off of Interstate 80
The 470 acre park includes the historic Pena Adobe home, barbecue areas, horseshoe pit, multi-purpose field, bike trails, a small pond, excellent hiking, Lagoon Valley Lake for fishing and non-motorized boating. The park also features a 30,000 square foot fenced in dog park complete with trees, water and trash receptacles.

Plenty of parking 300 spots, if I counted right.

Yes Roo, old ass pictures but they still work. lol

Last edited by OrangeDot3083; 07-28-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:51 AM

Update!

More people added!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:08 AM

Update!

More people have been added! I hope to have at least one SVX there.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:01 AM

Update!

I need... well if we get an SVX we have some more information on the first post. And more people were added.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:30 PM

Updated

A couple more cars added to the list.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:43 AM

Ok updated!

This is my last update before I go to Hawaii. So there might not be any updates for a couple of days... like seven.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:38 PM

Ok wow... Hawaii was AWSOME, yes I am rubbing it in.

Ok so here is the update. Some more cars are added. If you are setting on the fince about this you need to show up. It is going to be a good time.

If you have any questions PLEASE ask! I don't want some one to be unsure about some thing.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXcellent
When's the "deadline" for confirmations?

I'd like to go, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it... (kinda dependent on what goes down Saturday night).

Also don't wanna get ditched on the drive (as I've never driven the route). But at minimum, I'd like to make it to the bbq if I can't make the drive!
Old 07-26-2007, 08:26 PM

Update...

The morning of at 0600. That is when I am leaving my house to buy the food. I mean I would love to know now but I understand that people have lives out side of this meet.

You will not be left behind! I will ensure that. I will be leading the chill group and we will be running right at the speed limit if not a little slower. You can just jump in my group and enjoy the ride. Also I will have cars that have baby's in them so we will be taking it nice and easy.

I would love to have you there. You will be the only SVX that has said they might be able to show. You will have lots of attention, that is for sure. Well hope to have you there.

Jon
Old 07-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Happy Owner
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to EdfromSF Send a message via Yahoo to EdfromSF
Registered SVX
Exclamation Plus 1 more

I plan on going also. I did not know if my work schedule was going to allow it but i do not start till 2:30pm in SF. I will have my SVX with me that way there is at least one.

Ed

1992 Subaru SVX Touring Peacock Blue (Sold)
2002 Subaru Outback VDC Cream on Gold (Sold)
Old 07-28-2007, 11:09 PM

update....
Old 07-29-2007, 01:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXcellent
I've set my alarm!

Ended my night early so I can get some rest and have already set the alarm! Yeah, I should be there barring any unforeseen circumstances!
Old 07-29-2007, 11:47 PM

Follow this link for pictures and in what not.

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167859

Some pictures put up on rs25.com
http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthrea...90#post1164890
Old 07-30-2007, 12:44 AM
Happy Owner
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to EdfromSF Send a message via Yahoo to EdfromSF
Registered SVX
Hada blast will have to do it again. To bad i could not have stayed for the BBQ looks like everyone had a good time back at the park.

Ed

1992 Subaru SVX Touring Peacock Blue (Sold)
2002 Subaru Outback VDC Cream on Gold (Sold)