Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-06-2006, 09:48 PM

NEW TO ME SVX few questions

I just got a 92 svx with 134800 miles black with spoiler brand new alternator over 6 grand in the past 3 years in motor/exhaust/tranny (all work done by very reputable subbie dealer). Pretty much its a new ride besides the fact I need to get an o ring for the Air conditioner (compressor i think) power steering leaks fluid very slowly um the check engine light has been on it wasnt when i test drove it or well my dad did but now it stay on (any clue on why its on would be awesome) I have no clue how to shut the alarm off besides turning the car on (someone wanna help me with that?) um needs paints well doesnt need it just the hood looks weathered (clear coat is wearing off) luckily my friend works at an auto body shop and I'm gonna see what he can do for me (hes at carlyse right now trying to sell his truck). Doesnt need a tailight but the right rear orange part has a piece missing um 2 3inch dents on the left rear easily fixed (i think) windows really foggy dunno if I can fix that

Left rear seat has small rip on seam definitly needs some major cleaning inside and out almost new winter tires not stock rims or they are just missing hubcabs (16inch black rims)

Missing middle compartment cover and um sometimes when i shut it off after running it alittle bit kind of hard but nothing unusual that u guys wouldnt do it smells like something is burning alittle not like strong enough to think much of it just smells hott but the temp gauge is mid level
brakes are in need of work (maybe) push it a good 2 inches before any friction

Was owned by 2 people the last one was a autotech actually shop foreman at a car dealership (used cars) and a local car shop place call portland radiator.

You might not belive me but I paid 500 bucks cash

I was told by the previous owner there is a site that carrys overseas parts for it like straight from overseas stuff not found in the US like a 4 grand 6 speed manual tranny conversion a roof scoop instead of the moon roof different stuff like that

I'm looking for some black 17-18 inch rims with a silver (rim) around the edge like tire then silver then like black rest of rim. Don't care about the brand been looking on ebay and found a few just was wondering if anyone knew of a place that sold rims for SVXs

What are some good summer all weather (besides snow/ice) tires since these will be my warm seasons rims and tires

If I think of anything else I will post it thanks

SORRY ITS SO LONG

My email is braaap11889@hotmail.com if you would rather talk to me there or would like to help me out with any of these

Thanks Jared
Old 08-06-2006, 09:53 PM

would love to see this overseas parts website as well

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Osilith

mylocker url not sure how everyone has it my locker hehe
Old 08-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Welcome to the forums. Youll find a prolithera of information in the how-to section, and a search will turn up alot of answers to your questions. Somewhere in there theres a write up on pulling the engine codes, so youll be able to diagnose what the check engine light is going off for. As for the wheels / tires, theres multiple threads with information regarding correct size, offset, width, bolt pattern, proformance gains / losses, ect
As for the windows being foggy, it could be as simple as the glass being dirty. Run some fine grain steel wool over it for cleaning the outside. be sure to rinse the windows with a hose really well afterword, and dont use the steel wool on the mirrors. That should take damn near anything off the outside. Give the inside a good windex like normal. If theres still a hazey look to it it may have something to do with the factory tint, though im not sure what exactly
The burning smell could be oil. Get under our car and look around for signs of oil leaks. The smell could also just be moisture burning out of the exhaust (in which case Im just assuming the car sat for a few months before you bought it)

All in all it sounds ike you have got a great deal on a great car. My personal best advice ever, which I give to everyone...Is buy a good tool set and do as much work yourself as possible. This is a great place to do research..youll get all then information youll ever need and thensome. theres nothing mroe satisfying than knowing you wont have to take your car to a mechanic when it breaks (And trust me, it WILL break)
...that and girls think its sexy...
Best of luck with the new car
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten