Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 05-26-2005, 10:34 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

meh, saw it last night. wasn't all that.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:25 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
I watched it the other night. Yeah, the dialogue was pretty lame in spots and the acting by some was pretty poor, especially the voice over by James Earl Jones when Anakin became the Darth Vader we all know and love, but over all I thought it was pretty darned good.

I'm not a Lucas fan by the slightest stretch of the imagination but whether by accident or by intent, by the end of the movie it had made a seamless transition to the atmosphere of the original Star Wars movie. If it was by intent then Lucas is a near genius at directing inspite of his poor writing and usual flaws.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:33 AM
no limitation as limitation

when vader lost his legs some ****** a hole yelled "dayum n**** you got served" and half the people starting loughing. the bass star was talking through the entire movie, i was most unpleased. but other than that its the only one of the prequils where i wanted to jump in the screen and beat the f out of the people, well thats not true i wanted to do that in the first movie because the boy anikan was a horrible actor, its like he got the gig in the bottom of a cracker jack box. but palpotine really made you hate him, and i feel sympothy for vader because i could see myself doing the same thing if i were mislead by the ones whom i looked up to. really makes you think about point of view and weather or not what your doing is right in terms of the big picture or just in your eyes.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:42 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Funny review of episode 3 by Maddox

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....cgi?u=episode3

a little bit of NWS language in there.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:21 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHISVX
i paid seven bucks and have it for life

Kelli
I figured since I have to pay for the hoopla every time I buy a soda or burger, etc. (and have been for 28 years) I'd just watch it at home - and avoid the lines. What was it I read, the Star Wars franchise has brought in over $950,000,000 before the final episode?

Buy 5, get one free?
Old 05-31-2005, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewmongan
when vader lost his legs some ****** a hole yelled "dayum n**** you got served" and half the people starting loughing. the bass star was talking through the entire movie, i was most unpleased. but other than that its the only one of the prequils where i wanted to jump in the screen and beat the f out of the people, well thats not true i wanted to do that in the first movie because the boy anikan was a horrible actor, its like he got the gig in the bottom of a cracker jack box. but palpotine really made you hate him, and i feel sympothy for vader because i could see myself doing the same thing if i were mislead by the ones whom i looked up to. really makes you think about point of view and weather or not what your doing is right in terms of the big picture or just in your eyes.

so you would cut off your superior's arm becasue he is doing the right thing and then kill him? and kill all the little kiddies? some peoples morals....hahaha jk, i just wanted something more for his turning evil i dunno. i would stay good, i like green!!
Old 05-31-2005, 11:52 PM

why did they have to kill off sam jackson. he was the shaft of the jedi, the man had a freakin purple light saber. thats pimp.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:27 AM

you know he dies in like 90% of his movies i was sad when he jsut kinda fell out, or did the emperor use the force on him? the purple light saber was kool, is taht your light saber or are you jsut happy to see me?
Old 06-01-2005, 07:27 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Funny review of episode 3 by Maddox

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....cgi?u=episode3

a little bit of NWS language in there.
His review is AWESOME! In spite of the fact that he is actually very accurate in his review, I still liked the movie. It's a great popcorn flick. If you really thought the movie was great, read his review then come back here and tell us all how and why he is dead wrong.

Johnny

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:16 PM

if you watched the animated show clon wars you see a trend of wrecklessness in young anikan skywalker. he oftin looses control and acts out of anger. so when he attacked padmay out of anger its not realy conflicting with his desire to save her, he is controled by his anger in that moment. this doesnt devalue his love for her e.g. the drunk wife beater loves his wife when he is sober. the jedi's inability to see the plot to distroy them can be cited in the second movie when yoda speaks about his inability to sence the force because "the viel of the dark side" or some junk. perhaps preporation h (the code that palpatine sent to the troops to kill all jedi) was planted in the troopers sub consceice so the jedi wouldnt see. who knows

personaly i didnt like how lucass relied on a cartoon to do so much important story telling. if you didnt check out clone wars you would never know why grievus is coughing and limping. also you would never see anikan freakout and go tribal on a sith witch. they should make a clone wars movie to fill in the blanks. leave the toons for g.i. joe and transformers.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:18 PM

but what is up with the dialouge from the robots. it's like the three stuges. their damn robots they cant feel pain. wtf.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: