How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Re: HANKOOK ??????

Quote:
Originally posted by James Scott
What about Hankook tires? Someone raved about these before....but I lost the thread...
They were mentioned earlier in this thread...Ventus (I believe they're made by Hankook)
Old 08-12-2004, 12:15 PM
My kitten can woop your kitten

Send a message via AIM to Dengue Send a message via Yahoo to Dengue
I have Pirelli P-zero nero M&S

lotta name, probably too much money, but, I love them just the same, and the name is fun to say...

Skip
Old 08-13-2004, 10:44 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

I have the sumitomo's. I dont want to hijack the thread but i didnt wanna write a new thread about this one question. My tire pressure in the fronts are always about 2 or 3 PSI lower than what its supposed to be (33/28). Maybe its bad valve stems or something i dunno. I just did a search and saw someone write that you should always fill the fronts to the max pressure listed on the tire and the rears at 3 or 4 PSI lower. Could this be right? I just want these tires to last a long time. So far so good...just getting annoying having to fill em up with air every week or two.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 08-13-2004, 10:56 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
They shouldn't be leaking. You may have bad valves.

It's also possible to get a rock in the bead causing a leak.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:48 AM

Tire pressures

I have Sumitomo HTR+ tires on 17x8 wheels. I run at 38 psi in front and around 34 in the rear. I just look at the tires from the side to see they are pumped up enough so they are fairly rounded off without going too far. The 33 and 29 works with the original 16x7.5 setup but different tires and wheel sizes and the weight of this car change the formula. Good luck finding the optimum pressure for even wear.

Mike
Old 08-14-2004, 08:20 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

so then in your opinion what do you think i should be filling these tires too. I get rotations done every 4 or 5 thousand miles. Just got them done last week actually.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 08-15-2004, 05:20 AM
The Molinator

TIRE PRESSURE.....

(MUCH!) Earlier thread suggested up-ing tire pressures 3 to 5 psi or even up to max recommended! I have been running 36/32 and like it....I did get some funny tire wear...but obviously not from the tire pressures. It is rather severe inside edge tire wear on the rears. Probably has something to do with the drop spring/Koni strut insert job I did a few months ago....ALTHOUGH I DID DO 4 WAY ALIGNMENT AFTER THAT INSTALL!!!

2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!
Old 08-24-2004, 04:06 AM
The Molinator

HANKOOK'S ???????

Earlier someone recommended Hankook Ventus ve105s>> I can't find that model now, but located a low-profile, ultra high-performance tire (Hankook Ventus K102) with the "desired" 245 45 16 tire size! It's about $101 for me here, but they've discontinued this tire!!!

I can get a set, but wonder if there is a problem with this tire? The salesman, who had trouble locating even one set, suggested switching to a (new) Bridgestone Futura tire, which is also 245 45 16!

Do you guys know anything about either of these tires???

THANKS for your input!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Old 08-24-2004, 06:38 AM
Sue isn't really striped

Quote:
Originally posted by ensteele

There are around 5 sets of Continental ContiExtremeContacts out here in Washington. They are a very good tire for the money ($114.00 ea) and are very quiet.
One of those sets is on my car (thanks to e's recommendation). I'm very happy with them - they're quiet and do a great job of shedding Seattle rain. I haven't had the issue of them feeling funny for the first mile. I used to have Yokos and was pretty unhappy with how fast they wore.

Old 08-27-2004, 09:54 PM
LIBRA927

Cool BEST TIRES? for SVX? .....ALL SEASON

There seems to be quite a few opinions on which "ALL SEASON" tires are the best for the SVX...; well; it depends on what you want most from your tires. Performance; Quietness; longevity or any combination of these characteristics.

My choice is the FALKEN made VISA VK-04WGS ZR 225/40ZR-18...; which I purchased from Discount Tires in Lewisville, Texas. At $109-- each; these tires are simply awesome!! They have a Traction Rating of "A"; Treadware Rating of "360"; Speed Rating of "ZR"!! And...; a Manufacturers Warranty of 5 YEARS that covers workmanship and materials!! They feature a very aggressive uni-directional tread pattern and a quite handsome sidewall.

Check It Out...!!
Old 08-28-2004, 11:09 PM
halfsharkalligatorhalfman

hankook

I recently purchased some hankook ventus k102's. 245-45-16. These tires are awesome! I definitely recommend them. My car handles so much better now its amazing. they were around $100 each. I dont think you can get any better for that price. I got them at les schwab but they had to order them. You should definitely consider them.

-Evan
Old 08-29-2004, 12:52 AM
The Molinator

HANKOOK Ventus K102

I finally figured out the only 245 45 16 is the K102.....then I shortly found out that it has been discontinued!!! Well....I decided to try and mount these anyway. The local America's Tire found 4 (with difficulty), so I paid so they could ship them here. But only 2 have been delivered this week. I had them mounted today where the badly worn (rear, inner edges) tires were....then rotated and all balanced. They seem nice! [BTW...I put 2WD fuse in since tires are different size, until other two Ventus K102's are mounted.]

I guess they'll come out with a new low profile ZR high-speed rated tire to take its place!?