Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-25-2001, 12:59 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
Possible SVX TV sighting

I was watching an episode of the Simpsons last night (30 seconds over Tokyo) and I swear I saw an SVX on the street, I know it's just a cartoon, but hey it'd be pretty cool if one of the artists drew one in the episode.

I'm trying to find a place I can download the full episode to see if I can find it, but I'm stiking out.
Old 10-26-2001, 10:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
Re: Possible SVX TV sighting

Quote:
Originally posted by cocacola08
I was watching an episode of the Simpsons last night (30 seconds over Tokyo) and I swear I saw an SVX on the street, I know it's just a cartoon, but hey it'd be pretty cool if one of the artists drew one in the episode.

I'm trying to find a place I can download the full episode to see if I can find it, but I'm stiking out.
Try kazaa. I think its www.kazaa.com its like napster but does really well for movies/tv episodes etc. If you have the name of the episode I can take a look.

Ryan

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com
Old 10-26-2001, 10:20 AM
Lowered SVX

i saw the teal svx......

in a seinfeld episode. it was the episode where they lost their car in the parking garage. remember elaine had bought some fish and she had to get them back in an hour or they would die. good show. i still watch it at 6:30 everyday.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 10-26-2001, 10:51 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
For a good SVX movie sighting...

Check out National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon I. As you can tell from the title it is a spoof of the Lethal Weapon movies and in typical National Lampoon fashion, all movie cliches in general. I love the Lethal Weapon movies so I found it hilarious, your results may vary...

But as far as SVX media sightings I think it is the most prominent to date. That said, we're still only talkin' about 20 seconds here. One of the main villians in the movie drives off in a pearly, squealing the tires! Sound FX magic?

I haven't actually seen the movie in over 8 years, but I knew what an SVX was back then, though I never thought I'd own one! Been meaning to rent it again now that I'm an enthusiast.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 10-26-2001, 11:00 AM
Zombie

There was a cheezy network seiries call "Early Edition" where some random guy got the newspaper a day early. He set off to save the world. His freind, picked up the sport section once and placed some bets, won, and bought a red 97 svx.... unfortunatly it got stripped and trashed in the first episode that he owned it.
Old 10-29-2001, 09:42 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Possible SVX TV sighting

Quote:
Originally posted by cocacola08

The episode is called 'Thirty Minutes over Tokyo.' It took me two days, but I found it.

I watched every street scene in the episode and saw no SVX. There was a car with the basic shape if the SVX, but no split windows so that could be just a coincidence.

You got my hopes up.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-29-2001, 10:15 AM
Green1995SVX

I got the eppisode as well... Watched carefully. No svx. I did see the car that looks like the same shape, but like Mr. P said, no half-windows

-Mike
--
'95 L AWD
Old 10-29-2001, 11:51 AM

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
Re: i saw the teal svx......

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
in a seinfeld episode. it was the episode where they lost their car in the parking garage. remember elaine had bought some fish and she had to get them back in an hour or they would die. good show. i still watch it at 6:30 everyday.
I saw that one too.
Old 10-29-2001, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I got the eppisode as well... Watched carefully. No svx. I did see the car that looks like the same shape, but like Mr. P said, no half-windows

-Mike
--
'95 L AWD
That's most likely what saw
Old 10-30-2001, 10:21 AM
BradT

*strangest* SVX TV sighting

Mentioned this long ago ....

I was watching a documentary called The Great Egyptians on either TLC or Discovery. Although 99% of it was filmed "on location," they had a brief segment on an Egyptian obelisk in NYC's Central Park. Well, they had an establishing shot of the park from the street, and needless to say ... a pearl SVX rolled by!

Watch a show about ancient Egypt, see an SVX.

--Brad
Old 10-30-2001, 11:38 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: *strangest* SVX TV sighting

Quote:
Originally posted by BradT
Mentioned this long ago ....

I was watching a documentary called The Great Egyptians on either TLC or Discovery. Although 99% of it was filmed "on location," they had a brief segment on an Egyptian obelisk in NYC's Central Park. Well, they had an establishing shot of the park from the street, and needless to say ... a pearl SVX rolled by!

Watch a show about ancient Egypt, see an SVX.

--Brad
I'm wondering if they had re-used this shot in a documentary on cosmetic surgery? I was watching a cosmetic surgery doc on Discovery (They were in Miami at the time) but, there was a street level shot of a pearly rolling by. IT would have driven from Right to Left on your screen -- camera angle was about waist high.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Saw It!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver
Check out National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon I. As you can tell from the title it is a spoof of the Lethal Weapon movies and in typical National Lampoon fashion, all movie cliches in general. I love the Lethal Weapon movies so I found it hilarious, your results may vary...

But as far as SVX media sightings I think it is the most prominent to date. That said, we're still only talkin' about 20 seconds here. One of the main villians in the movie drives off in a pearly, squealing the tires! Sound FX magic?

I haven't actually seen the movie in over 8 years, but I knew what an SVX was back then, though I never thought I'd own one! Been meaning to rent it again now that I'm an enthusiast.

I was up late last night channel surfing and landed on this movie. I had not watched it 2 minutes until it came to the scene with the SVX sliding around a corner making a fast get away. It is worth buying the movie just to see the scene. Maybe I am color blind though because I thought it was a Liquid Silver. I guess I will have to buy the movie just to be sure.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
wow...old thread!

It WAS a silver in that movie.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:56 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Yep, it is a Silver, let me correct myself all these years later! Like I said at the time of the post (wow, 4 1/2 years ago?!?), I hadn't seen the movie since the early 90's before I was that into these cars. Since that post, I have bought the movie and saw that it was indeed a silver.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...