How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-01-2004, 11:37 PM

Another one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=31871

The seller is in California, on one picture the front number plate is a California one issued in 1992/93, but...

On another picture it does not have the front plate and it looks it had never been installed and some non-californian looking stickers are on the windshield.
On the rear shots the number plates are definitely non-california.

So we have at least two different cars being pictured. Gotta really trust ebay sellers with perfect feedback.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:36 AM

I can shed light on this

I believe that I know why there seem to be two different sets of pictures of the same (or different cars). The description of the car listed seems awfully close to that of one very clean looking SVX I had been tracking on eBay. The reserve was never met on at least four different relistings. The bidding on this car went all the way up to $5100 at one that I saw. Anyway, look at the following listing and you'll see that this guy in California is using some of the pictures: eBay link

One of two scenarios is possible:
1. The guy is misrepresenting his car with pics of another he found on eBay - or -
2. He bought the car ( I suspect this is the case since it no longer appears on eBay) and he is re-selling.

If #2 is the case, it's the fastest case of buyer's regret that I have seen in a while or there must be something seriously wrong with the car and he's trying to dump it off on someone else. In any event, I'd probably stay away from it because the proper amount of honest disclosure is OBVIOUSLY not being made here.

Last edited by gsodonis; 09-02-2004 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:07 AM

Misrepresentation!!

I have the final answer: the fellow is misrepresenting his SVX!!
I compared the two VIN #'s and they are not the same automobile!!
The fellow is using pictures of a different SVX to advertise his own. The mileage of both is similar, but they are different automobiles.
I would avoid this car like the plague simply because of the misrepresentaion of the seller. I am also going to report this to eBay; this type of dishonest behavior gives eBay and honest sellers a bad name.