IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2002, 12:05 AM
sk8ing19

Angry Gas taste's like Sh**...

Hey All,

Okay so I found out just how tasty gas is today. I was working on the fuel filter today, and did every thing just like the book said. (The book was way wrong). So I got into the rear and disconected the fuel pump in order to get rid of the pressure in the lines. (like the book said to do.) I started the car and she quickly died.

At this point it was going nice and smooth. I continued following the book and started to remove the hoses from the filter (not easy) then it happen. The hose marked "out" came off and before I knew what the heck had happened gas sprayed everywhere. The gas sprayed me in the face in my mouth, everywhere, thank god I was wearing safty glasses just in case. I quickly got the flow directed to the ground but not before it sprayed me in the mouth. (damn that taste like sh*t).

Well I finally got the new filter in and washed the gas off of the car, and myself. She is now running better with the new filter. However lesson learned, clamp every hose before you remove it, no matter what the damn book says to do. If the book tells you to do something in which it will release the pressure, BS.

Now how do I get the gas out of my nose. LOL

Later,
Chris