SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2003, 06:06 PM
#073 of 301

I found one!

There are 3 dealerships in a row on this one block in town which are all owned by the same guy(s): Acura/BMW/Chrysler. My landlord recently moved over to Manager of the Chrysler dealership, but he used to run the Acura & BMW lots. Saturday, I came home from work (stupid overtime...) and he says to me, "You know that car youre always talking about... that Subaru? We just got one as a trade-in at the BMW lot."
I nearly crapped my pants.

Details: 92 Claret [we can call it maroon, but dont you ever call it "Purple"] LSL (w/ spoiler), AWD, 117000 KM (~ 73k miles), Orig. owner, old guy, almost ALL highway miles, stored for winters, no rust or body damage (I couldnt even find a scratch!), **tranny rebuilt 6 months ago, wheel bearings being done by the BMW dealership as we speak**.... This vehicle is the next best thing to mint, even according to my landlord.

Well, I went and drooled over it on the lot all weekend and made an appointment for a test drive on Wednesday after work (stupid Tuesday being a holiday...).
The BIG problem here is the price... $15,900 Canadian. The sales guy on the phone started laughing when he told me that and he said his Manager was an idiot. He said (without knowing I'm "family" of the ex-manager) that realistically they were hunting for around 12,000 Canadian. With my landlord's help, I bet I could get it for $10,000 (OMG... just over book price... heh).
Since they take care of my 89 Integra at the Acura dealership, theyll take it as trade in for a few grand too.

I'll let you folks know how it goes on Wednesday. In the mean time, I would really appreciate some "ProTips" on what to look for when I test-drive this bad boy. I know about sickly shifting and clunky reverse... but with the very recent tranny rebuild, I'm not AS concerned that this will be a problem. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks Guys,
-Dan.