Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis
Danny,

You probably don't know this already, or you would have used a different word. Calling a Jew a Nazi is not only one of the most inflamatory things a person could do, it's also one of the most insulting.

Hitler and the boys rounded up millions of Jews (and Cathloics, and Gypsies, etc) from every country in Europe. They put them into slave-labor camps, conducted medical experiments on them, and killed as many as he could. They were not just lined up a shot either. Jews were starved, beaten, burned alive in ovens, forced to kill their relatives, gassed, any form of torture you can think of. There is probably not a single Jewish family now who does not have a relative that did not experience some form of Nazi persecution.

This happened under the noses of the rest of the world, and no other country did anything about it (including the US - we even denied sanctuary to a boatload of Jewish refugees, dooming most of them to death).

There certainly have been wars, assasinations, thefts, injustices, insults, etc, etc, purpotrated by Jews on Arabs. Yes, the Palestinians have problably gotten the short end of the stick and deserve better. However, there is absoutely nothing that any Jew has ever done to any other human being, before or since, that is even remotely similar to what Hitler did.

Yes, many of the people in Israel are arrogrant pricks. They do think they are better than everyone else, and are not afraid to say so. But they don't go around rounding people up and starving them to death. You don't have to like Jews (especially Israelies), but don't shoot your mouth off comparing anyone to the Nazis. That's just silly.
If they were treated like that before... they take their revenge on people now just because they are Arabs???

For me, and seeing the way they are treating Arab Muslims, I don't care, I say it... they are much alike NAZIs incinerating JEWS (The JEWS are incinerating ARABS)

A country is either civilized or not civilized! When an American soldier beats an Iraqi prisoner or kills him injusticely, he is prosecuted! Israel is supposed to be the 5th greatest power in the world... it is not acting like one either on a military or humanitarian level

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:14 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
ISRAEL IN LEBANON
March 1978: Israel invades to stop Palestinian attacks

1982: Full-scale invasion; Israel occupies Beirut; pro-Israel militias massacre Palestinian refugees

May 1983: Israel pulls back, but keeps "security zone"

February 1992: Israeli air strike kills Hezbollah leader

1996: Israel launches "Grapes of Wrath" raids on Hezbollah; 100 civilians die under Israeli shelling of UN base at Qana

May 2000: Israel withdraws troops from Lebanon

January 2004: Prisoners-bodies swap agreed between Hezbollah and Israel
You forgot to mention (well not forgot, but must be mentioned even though it is not related to Lebanon).

1967: Syria, Jordan and Egypt against Israel, the latter was able to destroy all countries flying capabilities within 5 hours and defeated them in 5 days..

Lebanon 2006: 9 days of Israeli attack so far, Hizbullah missiles are still falling over Israel (on an escalating pace), one marine destroyer, destoyed!, around 10 humvys and Mirkavas (6 tanks between yesterday and today) destroyed, and still the Israeli army hasn't been able to penetrate an inch inside its territory nor destroy any of its arsenal. Haifa is severy damaged, one weapons depot was destroyed, one military base attacked for launching jets (I think it is crippled), billions of $ lost in trading centers, etc.... their loss is greatly more than ours...

On the other hand, Hizbullah commandos has been able to sneak into Israel to do military operations, and the Israelis are not able to find them ... The Shiites community who are sustaining lots of damage, are asking for more, they do not mind getting attacked or killed, or even sacrifice their children just to keep Hasan Nasrallah safe and sound and Hizbullah defend Lebanon... I really admire this person, he is true leader in its sense!!!

Believe it or not guys, Israel is going to loose this one! even though they cut bridges and supplies, it seems that our commandos (yes think of Hizbullah as not amateur militias, they are rather commandos who are willing to kill themselves for their cause) are well equipped with missiles and supplies which can last for months

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:16 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
OH NO3S!!! El Presidant said "Sheet!"

I'm now le tired.

oh yeah, best quote so far:

Israel's chief of staff, Lt. Gen. Dan Halutz, told Israel's Channel 10, "If the soldiers are not returned, we will turn Lebanon's clock back 20 years."
--from a CNN article.

That's one way to bring back the 80's huh?
This is very true, I would become 7 years old again with no worries whatsoever and lots of toys that my dad used to buy for me

Old 07-20-2006, 12:22 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Seriously though. My vote has to go with Lee on this one. Hizbollah really miscalculated on this attack. It was unprovoked. Israel was staying on their side of the border playing nice this time.
Are you sure Rob with that statement???? Watch the news bro....
as I said before, in 1967 Israel took 5 days to destroy Jordan, Syria and Egypt... now 9 days have passed and still no luck with Hizbullah whatsoever....

Lebanon is a red zone (you are not getting it), Hizbullah is well trained for those attacks, it has around 100,000 missiles still ready to be used... can Israel handle it???

As much as I hate mentioning it, because it is not something I am proud of... who you think killed those US soldiers in the beginning 80's over here????

Old 07-20-2006, 12:32 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitob
Israel is not the only nation that accessorizes their armaments.

But yes it is deplorable and wrongful to brainwash kids about nationalism and such but lets check out what your averge Palestinian youth may encounter.

And I bet you the source you got your pics from is as blatantly biased as the sites I got my pics from. The fact is all nations in the middle and even in the western world depending on the family may fill their offspring with genocentric jargan.

So since Israel is evil who are the good ones doing nothing and are they that pias by doing nothing?
Hmmm, Their religion is based on Jihad which states each warrior who kills himself for a good cause, is deemed to go to heaven in the afterlife...

It seems guys the only bump between you and me is culture... you are not getting the concept and impact of religion in the Middle East...

You interpret this pic of that little boy putting a belt of bombs on his waist as "Terrorism" , I read this pic of that same boy as a "Moujahid" who is doing the right thing according to his religion....

You cannot see things from your own perspective only, culture in China is different from culture in Iran is different from cutlure in Ireland is different from culture in US.... Just leave each culture alone and the peace that Bush and Blair want would be automatically restored in the Middle East... PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Old 07-20-2006, 12:35 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
I wonder if teh Lebanese can reed teh He-Brew
Definitely not!!! or else one would be deemed to be a traitor to his country...
BTW, we are not interested in that crappy language, Jesus even didn't speak it, I prefer Japanese better

Old 07-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
In April of 1983 a large vehicle packed with high explosives was driven into the US Embassy compound in Beirut When it explodes, it kills 63 people. The alarm went off again and America hit the Snooze Button once more.

Then just six short months later in 1983 a large truck heavily laden down with over 2500 pounds of TNT smashed through the main gate of the US Marine Corps headquarters in Beirut and 241 US servicemen are killed. America mourns her dead and hit the Snooze Button once more.
Lee, as much as I am not proud of these attacks (because I am Christian, and my religion states that killing is an unforgivable sin), but aren't you asking yourself why Muslims are doing it???? They know they don't have the weapons and tools to launch a war against US, so they pressure you this way just to PUSH YOUR NOSE AWAY FROM THEIR BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!

Just leave them alone people!! plain and simple!!!

Old 07-20-2006, 12:45 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Yay, another chain email!!

You're right Lee, we should dish out some good ole 're-education'. Nothing like 're-educating' all those backward Arabs. If that doesn't work, I say we turn the Middle East into one big piece of glass.

People seem to have forgotten Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Let's remind them what we're capable of.

+1 Re-education and/or Destruction of the Middle East.

Who's with me?
Hmmm, just grow up Noir...

Old 07-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
I'm glad to see the israeli bums who can't even buy their own bombs, planes, missles, tanks, guns, pay for their army are having a good old time trying to kill a friend of mine on my dime.

I wish the US government would give me a tank, then my neigbor would surely turn down his music at 11pm.

The blood is on OUR hands America! How can you expect a bunch of animals in a cage not to try to beat eachother up without incentives not to?

Oh and if you think that by giving money to Israel for guns will do that. Ever here of a freaking story that all the parties involve use in their services... David and Gollith? Its written in the scriptures that the underpowered will overcome.
Just for the info, the US is giving Israel 11 billion US$ worth of high tech weapons each year...

You know which weapons the Jews are using on civilians here??? World sanctioned Gaz, Phosphoric and Splittering bombs...

GUYS THOSE WEAPONS ARE USED AGAINST CIVILIANS HERE, AND NOT HIZBULLAH MILITIA !!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2006, 12:54 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
assuming that the savages can even read.

<pauses>wait, there's a message on there...it reads.."Your F--BANG--!"</silence>
Noir, when you say Lebanese are savages and other BS like that, remember that I am also Lebanese... I have never sweared against you nor your country... so pls let us keep a civilized distance...

One day you will know the true nature of that war...

Why Israel has the right to keep Lebanese prisoners and a part of my country under its grip and I don't have the right to regain my.... RIGHTS ???

Old 07-20-2006, 01:03 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph1902
I was just reading that small groups of israeli troops were crossing the border...and they may eventually come in by ground. I am surprised the lebanese army has remained so passive other than a few anti aircraft machine guns here and there.
First of all, fixed something ^ in bold
The Israelis will never come by ground, at least they will not succeed in doing it... The Lebanese Army has no weapons to interfiere, they only have some old willys and jeeps, 6 helicopters used most of the time to fight mountain fire, few tanks and soldiers carriers...

We don't have any marine force, no ground to air missiles, no jets, no nothing... just few light weapons (well the US is not selling any for us because it wants to keep Israel the dominant figure in the middle east).

Hizbullah is far well equipped with weapons and more advanced than our army...

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph1902
It would have been one thing if the isralies had avoided civilians/infrastructure and focused solely on hezbollah but from what ive seen.. so far this has been nothing but an opportunistic strike aimed at doing as much damage as possible to lebanon itself. I hope you guys fare well and I dont see israel being able to sustain a long term guerilla ground war in lebanon. Also UN will supposedly deploy a major ground force there. I hope things ease up and if they dont...Give Em HELL!!!
Finally words of WISDOM!! read those words America, this is the truth!!!!!!!!

Last edited by SilverSpear; 07-20-2006 at 01:08 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:16 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
They can fight to win, Danny. It's kinda what they are doing now, but they have to step it up a notch. Killing whoever where ever without regard to whether or not they are civilian is the way to win it quick. You know, they way they used to do it a couple hundred years ago.
How do you explain a small example of a woman whose family is all killed, her house destroyed, she has no money or relative to go to anymore and she didn't even drop a simple tear??? She is just asking for "GOD" to keep Hizbullah and Hasan Nasrallah safe and sound?????????

I say it again, Hizbullah is not fighting Hizbullah as a group, it is rather fighting the Shiites community as a whole!!! even if they destroy Hizbullah (let us consider that), they will face a street war against CIVILIAN Shiites (and most probably Lebanese as a whole!)....

For more info, if you hear that 2 Hizbullah soldiers are killed and 2 Israeli soldiers are killed, you cannot say 2 for 2... you must only count the two Israeli soldiers, because Hizbullah's are killed for a cause and this is the greatest honor for them.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:20 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby Fan
but hows your car??? i keep watching CNN expecting to see it bombed.....
, oh reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyy you jealous....&^%$&^%$

hahaha, J/K

Old 07-20-2006, 01:40 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Read It Carefully Lee

Quote:
Danny, you never did address UN Resolution 1559. If the Lebanese government had complied with this resolution---NONE of this would be happening. Quit trying to totally place the blame on Israel----the fault lies with the failure of your government to do its job and Hezballoh who is trying to obliterate Israel. Israel is ONLY trying to protect its people and sovereignty.

If Hezballoh would quit wrapping themselves with innocent civilians and hiding behind them---there would not be that many civilian casualties. Besides the casualty imbalance is definitely NOT because Hezballoh is not trying---they are launching hundreds of rockets each day towards Israeli population centers---but many are hitting in open fields. AND--most Israelis are in bomb shelters during periods of these attacks. We are talking about relatively INEFFECTIVE Hezballoh attacks and EFFECTIVE Israeli protective measures.
Israel essential has the green light from most of the world to continue the attacks to try to render Hezballoh ineffective. Again---if the Lebanese government had done its job---NONE OF THIS WOULD BE HAPPENING.

Lee
Ok Lee, let me put it this way:

Let's assume that Mexico invaded Texas and the US government has no way whatsoever (military speaking) to regain back this State. A resistance was formed and is attacking the Mexicans in Texas and sustaining heavy damage in their groups to regain this land... whom would you defend?? the Mexicans or the US resistance???

Let us also assume that a UN resolution was set stating that the border should be restored back (US will regain Texas again) on one condition that the US troops be deployed again in Texas and the resistance dismanteled and there would be trade of prisoners between the two countries...

The US agreed on those terms, but Mexico did not... would you keep your end of the bargain and dimantle the resistance???

The Lebanese territory is 10,452 Km2 originally. Without the Shebaa (it is not farms in the sense, its name is Shebaa Farms, but it is a big town) and Kafarchouba, it is 10,440 Km2... Those two towns are populated with Lebanese people living under the Israeli oppression.... We are just asking to regain our rights, no more no less. We want our land and our prisoners back, and we want to make good relationships with Israel, but the latter is refusing to do so, they want to keep our land... so how do you expect us to wipe out the resistance under those conditions????

The resistance is here because of those two points, let Israel give us our right, until then the RESISTANCE HAS NO REASON FOR EXISTENCE ANYMORE...

Did you get it or not???

Old 07-20-2006, 01:43 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteevo
What about the 20+ resolutions Israel has ignored over the years?

Edit: This site puts the number at 66, but I'm not sure if it's accurate
Very true!!! and when we complain to the UN council concerning reaches that the Jews are doing in our area, they all come to our favor except the US...

They have a "Carte Blanche" from you guys

Quote:
I can certainly attest to this. One of my most enduring memories while I was there in 1983 was the attitude of the people about the war going on around them.

On the top level on every Navy ship, and on both port and starboard sides, they have these huge binoculars mounted, which we affectionately call the "big eyes". They are just outrageously powerful, on their own pedestals which of course are welded onto the ship.

Anyway, during 1983 the Israelis were doing the same thing, plus the civil war was going strong.

You could watch people walking down the streets carrying grocery bags while on the same street some building was getting beat to death with hand held rockets. They would stop for a second, wait until the barrage was over, then casually keep walking. They never would even put down their groceries or whatever. They would just stand there. Kind of a look at their watch, thinking "come on, hurry up guys." attitude.

I don't know if it's still there, but on the coast was a small amusement park with a huge farris wheel. At night Beirut would go throw a side of extra crazy in the mix. There would be so many and continuous illumination rounds floating down, it was close to daylight in a lot of areas. Where it wasn't, there was daylight from the tracer rounds, and the explosions. Beirut was being beat to death. Huge holes in literally every building. The downtown holiday Inn looked like swiss cheese.

But the Farris wheel? It never stopped. Brightly lit, and the park would be full of people eating popcorn with their kids.

It was amazing... They had been at war for so long due to the Civil war, they were no longer even phased by the destruction around them. It is one of the biggest memories I have of the place.

If the World Trade Center had been in Beirut on 9/11, it would have amounted to a weeks worth of "Whoa! That was a big one!", and then they would have continued carrying their groceries home. I ain't kidding you. The mentality is completely different due to generation after generation living in a war zone.
Rob, the wheel is still there , and it is true that because of constant wars, our skin became similar to the wild pig's we are not intimidated anymore

Quote:
True Dan, if this is the case, then it's definately an important point. Wiping out a civilization is literally Genocide.

Does Hizbollah have anything that can reach Jerusalem? That worries us for if a stray rocket hits the Temple Mount/Noble Sanctuary area, and damages the Dome.... or anything there for that matter... we are going to World War III. There will be no stopping it.
Quote:
Besides from what I've been reading, Israel DOESN'T have the green light from MOST OF THE WORLD to use this MEASURE to render Hezballoh ineffective.

I know for sure they have something that can reach Tel Aviv... but they made an oral agreement with Israel, that if the latter attack the Electricity Plants in Lebanon, Tel Aviv would be hit...

guys, do not worry about Hizbullah hitting the temple, those guys are not amateurs like Hamas or el Quaeda, they are much much more organized than you think

Quote:
.... And the scary thing is that Israel has between 100 and 200 nuclear warheads.

Lee
Why you say "... the scary..." ??? You know something about them that I don't???

Last edited by SilverSpear; 07-20-2006 at 02:07 AM.