Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 12:55 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
My dearest friend Rob ,

Hizbullah are not afraid to die. Their Muslim religion states that when a Moujahid is killed while fighting for a cause, this would be the most honorable death known to them and they will enjoy wealth and women in the afterlife... (crazy religion, but it is true). All Hizbullah soldiers are Kamikaze soldiers, they WANT TO DIE for a cause. They are not afraid and they don't think they scr*w up on anything.

Israel cannot fight such people, nor the US (well you are seeing everyday what is happening in Iraq, Hizbullah are worse!!! they turned to have HI TECH weapons!!)

The leaders in Lebanon are NOT against Hizbullah. They are seeing that the Israelis are bombing bridges, airports, ports, gas stations, SUPERMARKETS! , innocent Women and Children (250 so far), TRUCKs !!! they are MAD!!, they are asking for a cease fire to save what is left in the economy.

The only infrastructure they haven't bombed are the land phone lines, the GSM sector and the main Electricity factories (they did bomb one). The simple reason is that Hizbullah threatened to bomb Tel Aviv....

Believe me Rob, even though many are killed and lots of building are demolished, Israel cannot incurr any more loss (especially in Haifa where the chemical plants are semi destroyed, train station destroyed, buildings demolished, multi billion dollars contracts ruined, trade centers lost and a weapons depots blown up). At first the Jews want to get their soldiers with no condition, now they are considering asking for a trade ...

Did you know that they lost a multi billion $ contract to sell their tank model (the Mirkava) to outside because they claimed that even though this tank is hit, the soldiers inside will stay alive and Hizbullah showed them otherwise when he destroyed that tank on our borders????
They can fight to win, Danny. It's kinda what they are doing now, but they have to step it up a notch. Killing whoever where ever without regard to whether or not they are civilian is the way to win it quick. You know, they way they used to do it a couple hundred years ago.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
It is very strange that you would assume that the US news is censored instead of the logical assumption that the news Danny is receiving is slanted with much propaganda. Remember it is not only the US news that is reporting the situation but all of the western press.

What Danny is getting is what they WANT his people to see---not necessarily the true picture.
Don't you watch ALL of the various networks (to include BBC) to see the stories and pictures of their reporters actually on the scene with live pictures in Israel, Gaza and Lebanon.

Incredible!!

Lee
Ok let me put it this way: Israel has the technology to attack accurate Hizbullah military points without civilians, whereas the latter cannot.

What is happening is that Hizbullah is attacking both military and civilians targets (don't worry I am watching what they are doing to Israeli cities, we are also getting Israeli TV over here ) but I am also watching our torned to pieces kids and women... What do you call 250 dead civilians against 13 to Israel???

Come on guys!!!

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:16 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSVX94
Danny, I hope you and yours stay safe.

It would be nice if Lebanon could be left alone by all other countries, and if the people there could finally enjoy some peace and manage themselves without outside influence.

It would also nice if Israel could enjoy safety, and become an open country, that all people could visit and live there --- as it seems there are more people in the world than can fit in so small an area --- all of whom regard the area as sacred because of it's history.

It's a real shame that from all sides, each generation sees a new population of children suffering, and that so much energy is turned to destructive energy.

It's a real shame that this conflict and so many other conflicts are encouraged by outside parties for political purposes.

I hope all this ends quickly and that it doesn't happen again.

Dan
In my opinion the Middle East should be left alone with no outside interfierence. I dunno what to do with a country such Israel... every time I think about it.. such country seems to be misplaced in that region... it should have been in Europe or America or in upper Asia... or something ...

Anyway thanks my friend

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:28 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis
Since Danny seems so fond of referring to people by their religions associations, we'll continue that here.

Who exactly are the prisoners that the Muslims want released? Why are the Jews holding them? Did they try to blow up Jewish civilians?

Why is it that Muslims will tolerate (or even reward and praise) someone who blows themself up in a crowd of innocent people?

If Lebanon wants an an end to this, all they need to do is to put down Hizbulla. If you allow a terrorist regime to stay in your country, you are going to suffer consequences.
Those Lebanese prisoners have been at Israel's for the last 25-30 years, and they are refusing to release them... They have been captured from the beginning of the Lebanese War (1975) at the time when the Palestinians and Yasser Arafat came over to Lebanon and organized themselves to attack Israel and gain back their land. At that time Israel retalierated back, invaded Lebanon to attack the Palestinians. Hizbullah was also formed to defend Lebanon against the Israelis and they stand in the same side of Palestinians (because they are both muslims).

So those lebanese prisoners are from that era and they were never relieased back.

And if I were you I would say: if both countries want to end this, Israel must withdraw from Shebaa farms and Kafarchouba areas, line the borders between the countries in that area and release the Lebanese prisoners, and then the Lebanese resistance has no cause for existence anymore, the Lebanese army should disarm them and be deployed along the south area of the country.

This is the only solution for that matter, otherwise war will continue and losses would still be incurred

Old 07-19-2006, 01:42 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteevo
Several of you are saying that this was provoked because of the capture of the 2 Israelis. While you are justifying their actions, you fail to see the overall picture. They captured TWO soldiers, and now Israel has killed 141 (at last I saw), mostly innocents and children.

What makes one life worth more than another? We are all just 23 pairs of chromosomes. An Israeli life is worth no more than a Lebanese, an American is worth no more than an Iraqi, a Catholic no more than a Protestant, a white no more than a black, a rich no more than a poor.

I guess what I'm pretty much trying to say is...WAR IS STUPID...

Words of wisdom!!! I should add that what really differenciates us from one another is BRAINS and only BRAINS

As far as life is concerned, either American, Israeli, Lebanese, Iraqi or other we are humans, not animals!!

Old 07-19-2006, 01:43 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
We just have to hope once Israel withdraws from the Shebaa Farm Kafarchouba area that Lebanon will have a strong enough nationalized army to detire Syria from taking it since it is for the most part contested territory and that Hezbollah which just help with the least being stepping aside for Syria make way.

Also the tank that exploded killing four according to some sources was a Merkava 2 (the latest being 4) directly hit by multiple anti tank mines, which I don't think many tanks in the known world can withstand. But if you still want to give Hezbollah credit for ingeniously placinh them than fine.

For your sake I hope this recent Lebanese government backed proposal for a cease fire is eventually abided by both sides and lasts long enough to come up with a more peaceful resolution. Even though I have doubts Israel wants to listen now, at least the Bush Administration is telling them not to.

Last edited by Weebitob; 07-19-2006 at 01:50 AM.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:51 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Additional, a very open and continuous THREAT by the Hamas and Hezballoh to "WIPE ISRAEL OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH".
Hmmm, isn't Israel wiping out Palestinians as we speak also???

Quote:
If your family was under constant threat and members had been injured and maybe even killed in your own yard----wouldn't you retaliate if there was a serious attack on your family in your own home. And don't tell me you would let the law handle it because the law does not apply in this case.
Hmmm, isn't Israel attacking people in their own homes, destroying those houses and building back Jews colonies there???? (I am talking about the Palestinians here)

Quote:
I will definitely agree that war is stupid in this case----HAMAS AND HEZBALLOH WERE STUPID TO START IT.
Lee
Hizbullah shouldn't have started this war, this is true... but Israel should have withdrawn from Chebaa Farms and Kafarchouba years ago and handed down the Lebanese prisoners which would automatically have an impact on Hizbullah's arms at that time....

Old 07-19-2006, 01:54 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis
MUSLIMS aparently don't care about their children and are more than happy to dress them in explosives and see how many jews they can take with them. How do you defend against that?

I don't think this is about David's land or who boinked the maid 2000 years ago. It's really about Israel simply not knowing what else to do.

Yes, killing 100s of people in revenge for 2 is nuts. But guess what, Israel tried that eye-for-an-eye approach. It has not worked for the last 10 years. Maybe doing real damage will convince Lebanon (and Syria) they harboring these guys is not going to get them anywhere.
Fixed something up ^^^ in bold .

Hizbullah = 1.5 million Shiites muslims... all willing to kill themselves to fight Jews... I dunno how could Israel win

Old 07-19-2006, 05:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
well if history repeats its self the only way the US one aginst comakazi's was heroshima and nagasaki..... but hows your car??? i keep watching CNN expecting to see it bombed..... so far no i hope you are keeping it safe in a bunker or something
need work done? Have tools will travel
Old 07-19-2006, 08:04 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
UN Resolution 1559

Danny, you never did address UN Resolution 1559. If the Lebanese government had complied with this resolution---NONE of this would be happening. Quit trying to totally place the blame on Israel----the fault lies with the failure of your government to do its job and Hezballoh who is trying to obliterate Israel. Israel is ONLY trying to protect its people and sovereignty.

If Hezballoh would quit wrapping themselves with innocent civilians and hiding behind them---there would not be that many civilian casualties. Besides the casualty imbalance is definitely NOT because Hezballoh is not trying---they are launching hundreds of rockets each day towards Israeli population centers---but many are hitting in open fields. AND--most Israelis are in bomb shelters during periods of these attacks. We are talking about relatively INEFFECTIVE Hezballoh attacks and EFFECTIVE Israeli protective measures.
Israel essential has the green light from most of the world to continue the attacks to try to render Hezballoh ineffective. Again---if the Lebanese government had done its job---NONE OF THIS WOULD BE HAPPENING.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-19-2006, 09:13 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Danny, you never did address UN Resolution 1559. If the Lebanese government had complied with this resolution---NONE of this would be happening. Quit trying to totally place the blame on Israel----the fault lies with the failure of your government to do its job and Hezballoh who is trying to obliterate Israel. Israel is ONLY trying to protect its people and sovereignty.

If Hezballoh would quit wrapping themselves with innocent civilians and hiding behind them---there would not be that many civilian casualties. Besides the casualty imbalance is definitely NOT because Hezballoh is not trying---they are launching hundreds of rockets each day towards Israeli population centers---but many are hitting in open fields. AND--most Israelis are in bomb shelters during periods of these attacks. We are talking about relatively INEFFECTIVE Hezballoh attacks and EFFECTIVE Israeli protective measures.
Israel essential has the green light from most of the world to continue the attacks to try to render Hezballoh ineffective. Again---if the Lebanese government had done its job---NONE OF THIS WOULD BE HAPPENING.

Lee

What about the 20+ resolutions Israel has ignored over the years?

Edit: This site puts the number at 66, but I'm not sure if it's accurate

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300

Last edited by SubaSteevo; 07-19-2006 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:13 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Israel essential has the green light from most of the world to continue the attacks to try to render Hezballoh ineffective.

Lee

Never going to happen. Your making an Angry Bee Hive even more angry. It's not going to end in our lifetime.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 07-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Man, I am not intimidated by bombs anymore... as I am speaking right now (from work, 8:25am) a bomb fell 500 meters away from me, I am still sitting where I am and I will not move...
I was born and raised during the war, so as all Lebanese people. In each house there is at least 2 AK's in each house... if the Jews decide to come by land, they would be facing Gangsters Wars...
I can certainly attest to this. One of my most enduring memories while I was there in 1983 was the attitude of the people about the war going on around them.

On the top level on every Navy ship, and on both port and starboard sides, they have these huge binoculars mounted, which we affectionately call the "big eyes". They are just outrageously powerful, on their own pedestals which of course are welded onto the ship.

Anyway, during 1983 the Israelis were doing the same thing, plus the civil war was going strong.

You could watch people walking down the streets carrying grocery bags while on the same street some building was getting beat to death with hand held rockets. They would stop for a second, wait until the barrage was over, then casually keep walking. They never would even put down their groceries or whatever. They would just stand there. Kind of a look at their watch, thinking "come on, hurry up guys." attitude.

I don't know if it's still there, but on the coast was a small amusement park with a huge farris wheel. At night Beirut would go throw a side of extra crazy in the mix. There would be so many and continuous illumination rounds floating down, it was close to daylight in a lot of areas. Where it wasn't, there was daylight from the tracer rounds, and the explosions. Beirut was being beat to death. Huge holes in literally every building. The downtown holiday Inn looked like swiss cheese.

But the Farris wheel? It never stopped. Brightly lit, and the park would be full of people eating popcorn with their kids.

It was amazing... They had been at war for so long due to the Civil war, they were no longer even phased by the destruction around them. It is one of the biggest memories I have of the place.

If the World Trade Center had been in Beirut on 9/11, it would have amounted to a weeks worth of "Whoa! That was a big one!", and then they would have continued carrying their groceries home. I ain't kidding you. The mentality is completely different due to generation after generation living in a war zone.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 07-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Don't Generalize

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteevo
What about the 20+ resolutions Israel has ignored over the years?
Don't generalize and just provide unsubstantiated data---list the Resolutions by number so we can discuss them. Can you do that????

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:

An important note I should mention: The US, Europe and all the world is requesting the destruction of Hizbullah. The latter cannot be terminated, because all Shiites are Hizbullah or Amal (they are worse than Hizbullah). For the Jews to destroy them, they should destroy 1.5 million muslim (men, women and kids) in Lebanon.
True Dan, if this is the case, then it's definately an important point. Wiping out a civilization is literally Genocide.

Does Hizbollah have anything that can reach Jerusalem? That worries us for if a stray rocket hits the Temple Mount/Noble Sanctuary area, and damages the Dome.... or anything there for that matter... we are going to World War III. There will be no stopping it.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)