Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 12:24 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX
LOL... you know... you used to send out email to a number of us... with um... pictures and stuff... videos of crazy stuff, etc...
Yeah true!! I lost all my friends emails... long story.

For all those who want C L emails, PM me your addresses

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Economically speaking, the country cannot handle anymore the stupidity of the government. Taking the Christian Lebanese for example, they should be around 15 Million living in the country. because of the bad economical conditions, what is left from them is only 1.2 Million whereas the rest are working abroad.

As I said before, I will be one of them in 14 Jan 2007. I am going to Qatar, most probably for good

We cannot wait anymore, we MUST overthrow the Government or else Lebanon might be torn in between Sunnis and Shias. The Shias understand this, this is why they are stressing that the president remains Christian.

Really it is a complicated matter Rob, it just cannot be explained over the internet
What do you think of Hezballoh's push to get veto power an any legislation?

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
What do you think of Hezballoh's push to get veto power an any legislation?

Lee
Lee, the hugest problem in Lebanon right now is the Economy. The country cannot handle anymore! You think about Hizballah as the "devil with toys" but truely speaking, this is the last of the Lebanese's worries. They were taking part of this same government 2 weeks ago, you know that? and they were the only ones to show improvements in the ministries they assumed, unlike ALL the others!

But when the majority ministers which are siding with the Hariris want to implement illegal and unconstitutional decrees and they refuse to share the government with Michael Aoun (Who has 75% of Lebanon by his side), they resigned as a sign of respect to him (not being considered to office especially that he was the only one to help the Shia refugees in taking shelter.)

Believe it or not, they are the only ones to work in their offices and not steal as were doing the Hariris.

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:06 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Just An Update

After looooooooong political clashes and more than 6 months without a President, The Emir of Qatar invited all Lebanese politicians over.

6 days of negotiations resulted in an agreement between all parties FOR THE FIRST TIME in 30 years!! A president was elected now

Still the issue of Hizbullah arms and other militants (mostly Christians) stuck, but the best part is everybody is going crazy about investing in Lebanon!!

Real estate, buildings, towers... went up by 120%

I have an apartment of my own, was once levied at $60,000, now worth $130,000!!!
All the Arabs started investing there... the economy is rising again

It is time to dig up the gas and oil present in our seas... we need a peace treaty first with Israel to do so...