Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 02:38 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisvx
hey danny hope everything falls in place for you to be safe just be smart and stay away from the hit zones!! it does look like this will go on for a long time! stay strong and keep giving us updates everyone is here is worried and cares about you stay safe!
Thank you bro and thanks for everyone here. You are all my family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitob
Geez Silverspear, you state about how Hizbullah has such a large follow as well as how popular Hasan Nasrallah is in Lebanon but then you scratch your and yet wonder why the IDF is on shoot to kill?

Sorry but can you elaborate more what you mean but that statement?^^^

And if the IDF was really out to destroy Lebanon one nuke would do the trick or if they decide to lease some fully conventional as in not nuclear armed B-52s from the US of course that would not kill off all of Hizbollah and would leave the entire world enraged at Israel or at least show a lot more hatred than what most already do.

We are expecting that from Israel. Really!!! the Jews never care about the Arabs lives, they are like NAZIs, they think that they are Abraham's decendents and the Arabs and Palestinians are also his offspring but not a pure one because it is from his entercourse with the maid... So their race is the purest and Arabs are garbage. I say again, Lebanon's problems started with the Palestinian invasion, I hate them to death, but in the same time, one cannot ignore that they are being hunted down like animals and driven out of their houses... isn't it considered TERRORISM??? US is covering them in the UN meetings by using the Veto power for everything against Israel... I think the US backed the wrong horse on this one... this is why you had 9/11 over there
Even though the UN council asks Israel not to invade Lebanese space and many more illegal acts, they just do not listen and do what they like.

Also probably thank a laptop with DVD player and portable camcorder as well as it being submitted to Al Gazera for Al Manar still being on the air.

Believe me there is more than a laptop and a camcorder in the issue... they have hidden studios everywhere and the ones Israel bombarded were dummy studios , and they say Hizbullah are dumb??? man those guys are Pros

Stay safe and despite the SVX being a rare automobile, ecspecially your's, it is not the most important thing in your life nor more so.

Man the last thing I am thinking of is my car right now... anyways we are still in a safe zone and somehow away from clashes (around 16miles in uphills), thanks man

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Lee, are they showing you the incinerated Kids? are they showing you how the Israeli fighter jets are attacking the civilian cars full of complete families?

I am really pissed!!!!!!!!!! all the high tech weapons the israeli have and they couldn't kill but only 2 members of Hizbullah!! 80% of the other 75 people dead are civilian KIDS !!! I saw incinerated babies on TV !!

I say it again, i was against Hizbullah starting the katyuchas on Israel, but seeing what the israelis are attacking and whom they are attacking here (civilians, airports, marine ports, gas stations, bridges...) I hope Hasan Nasrallah and hizbullah kick the SH!t out of the JEWS!!
Sorry guys I had to say it, when you see what I am seeing here, you will understand what I am saying...

One more thing.. a very important one: The Israelis are underestimating the power of Hizbullah. What I will tell you is that the Israelis will loose this war. Hisbullah has chemical and biological long range missles, Tel Aviv could be demolished easily.

He is not Bin Laden, all people WORSHIP Hassan Nasrallah (Hizbullah leader), they actually WORSHIP him to the death, they are willing to sacrifice their families for him. The Israelis must face all the lebanese people (ARMED TO THE TEETH) if a land invasion will be in progress... Hizbullah is a very skilled and very trained COMMANDOS (yes all of them are commandos!!!), they have the latest missles available today (well how they were able to attack and damage that destroyer ??? ). I think the Israelis will be also terrified those couple of days... I know what will happen, let it be a surprise

Israel will be facing another Palestine here.. but the difference is that the Shiites are ARMED...
I am sure we are seeing more balanced news broadcasting than you. Have they been showing you for years what the Kazzam rockets have done to innocent Israeli civilians to include women and children as well as the suicide bombers on buses and in public areas? I suspect that your news is very slanted and not as objective as what is available here.

As I indicated before this was started by acts of war by Hamas and Hezballoh attacking INTO Israel. Definite acts of war---not terrorism. Most of us do agree that Israel is possibly overreacting---but the Palistinians and Lebanese could have stopped it at an time by returning the kidnapped solder--and stopped firing rockets into Israel from Gaza and southern Lebanon. To try to negotiate a change in the status PRIOR to the hostile acts by Hamas and Hezballoh---is a non-starter.

If your heroes go too far, I am afraid that things will get much worse--and not only from Israel. I only hope that your government can start to control Hezballoh a little, but I know that is probably not going to happen. We really want a free Lebanese democracy---but if Hezballoh is going to control Lebanon--we have problems.

I am sure you will get a lot of sympathy on here because of your location and situation, but unfortunately the opposite might be true if you take too strong a position in support of acts of terrorism against another sovereign state that has been trying to work with the Palestinians for establishment of their own state.

The US is an openly declared enemy of Hezballoh and Hamas. I just hope that they do not try any overt acts of hostility against the US or any US facilities or people.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 07-15-2006 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:44 PM

I was watching the news and cant believe Israel is doing this. I think it was something like 99 people killed 97 of which were innocent civilians fleeing their homes. I always thought israel was being bullied around unfairly but maybe some of those people have a point. How can you destroy a nation just because of 2 hostages!? I hope common sense prevails soon
Old 07-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Syria declared their support today, so standby for escalation. This isn't looking so good, and I smell a repeat of 1983. There are probably US Navy ships on their way to hang out in the harbor.

They need to give those two guys back Dan. Israel is using this as a world sanctioned excuse to level Lebanon. They aren't going to deal, because they don't want to deal. They WANT them to hide those 2 guys. Hizbollah is giving them a free pass to destroy your country, with the world shrugging their shoulders... Because Hizbollah struck first.

I'm sorry Dan, but this isn't a smart thing for Hizbollah to be doing. There is nothing smart about this. A miscalculation at the beginning? That can be debated. But now we are talking in the stubborn and dumb region. It doesn't matter how well trained or equipped Hizbollah is, the war still plays deeply in Israel's favor. Egypt was pretty well equipped too... Remember?

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 07-15-2006, 10:34 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph1902
I was watching the news and cant believe Israel is doing this. I think it was something like 99 people killed 97 of which were innocent civilians fleeing their homes. I always thought israel was being bullied around unfairly but maybe some of those people have a point. How can you destroy a nation just because of 2 hostages!? I hope common sense prevails soon
plus one +1

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 07-17-2006, 12:53 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
I am sure we are seeing more balanced news broadcasting than you. Have they been showing you for years what the Kazzam rockets have done to innocent Israeli civilians to include women and children as well as the suicide bombers on buses and in public areas? I suspect that your news is very slanted and not as objective as what is available here.

As I indicated before this was started by acts of war by Hamas and Hezballoh attacking INTO Israel. Definite acts of war---not terrorism. Most of us do agree that Israel is possibly overreacting---but the Palistinians and Lebanese could have stopped it at an time by returning the kidnapped solder--and stopped firing rockets into Israel from Gaza and southern Lebanon. To try to negotiate a change in the status PRIOR to the hostile acts by Hamas and Hezballoh---is a non-starter.

If your heroes go too far, I am afraid that things will get much worse--and not only from Israel. I only hope that your government can start to control Hezballoh a little, but I know that is probably not going to happen. We really want a free Lebanese democracy---but if Hezballoh is going to control Lebanon--we have problems.

I am sure you will get a lot of sympathy on here because of your location and situation, but unfortunately the opposite might be true if you take too strong a position in support of acts of terrorism against another sovereign state that has been trying to work with the Palestinians for establishment of their own state.

The US is an openly declared enemy of Hezballoh and Hamas. I just hope that they do not try any overt acts of hostility against the US or any US facilities or people.

Lee
Dear Lee and to all members in this forum:

The mentality in the Middle East is far far different than what you think. Let me explain it very carefully for you all.
The first and last cause of wars in the Middle East is purely religious. As you have issues over through Black/White racist, our problems here are strictly related to religion.

You know that Abraham had two offsprings, the first was from his wife's maid and the second from his legit wife. Then God promised David's land to his descendants, and because his legit wife hated the maid after her son was born, there have been clashes between the two... The Palestinians are the Maid's descendants and the Israelis are the legit wife descendants, this is why they are always fighting among themselves throughout the years and ages for domination in the Middle East.

The Israelis are more dangerous than the Palestinians for the simple reason that they believe that their race is superior than others, even than Americans (yes it is the truth, they are Abrahama's direct descendants and they are still waiting God's son who will come on a great army and save and rule Israel.... DAAAAAAAH!! stupid people!!! Jesus did come and they crucified him !!..). So what does this superiority make them? Or more elaborating.. who they resemble in their beliefs??? NAZIs ???

Lee you are mentioning the Kassam that the Palestinians are throwing over the Israelis (it is a Palestinian weapon, nor Lebanese), but did you really see how the Jews are throwing Palestinians out of their houses and demolishing them and building new apartments?? The Jews have one thing in mind, they want to regain David's land and throw the Maid's offspring out of Palestine. They have the right to make a resistance for their people and have their revenge on the Israelis as the latters are having revenge from small Palestinian Kids...

As for Hizbullah, I said this and will say it again, they HAD NO RIGHT THROWING KATYUSHAS OVER ISRAEL TO START THIS WAR in the first place. But now that the war has begun, Israel should not have let things escalate that far, they want to destroy Lebanon to attract tourists to Israel and not to Lebanon. (I wish I can sit in person with all of you and tell you how they think... I have read lots of books in this issue written by their countrymen...)

The summary of it is that after WW2, the Jews were scattered all over the World, so they infiltrated US high positions and control the US economy and military and I dunno what...(I am not sure, but isn't John Bolton, the US representative for the UN, Israeli in origin???) and they started to gather themselves and pressure the US to help them out regain Israel, and started to do that by killing and kicking Palestinians out of their homes... they want to regain David's land and reestablish their economy by destroying their neighbors' (economy)... really it is a very delicate and deep topic...

As for the prisoners, the Israeli are keeping Lebanese prisoners there for the last 30 years (Samir Kontar who was a Hizbullah member and still imprisoned for the last 28 years in Israel and they are refusing to hand him over... this is why Hizbullah captured now two Israelis and he is asking for an exchange...)

For all the destruction that happened so far here, Iran declared that it will be fixing and paying for everything (just to tease Israel off). But believe me guys, this is a war Israel cannot and will not win. They are F**ing terrorist who killed so far lots of civilians most of them are women and kids (have you heard about Marwahin massacre??? and open pickup carrying 12 children and 9 women was attacked by an Israeli fighter jet and all of them were incinerated and torned to pieces ). Israel failed so far in destroying only one armored vehicule for Hizbullah!!! They are having their revenge on civilans and infrastructure!!! what a losers they are!

One thing is sure about the issue is our government's inability or difficulty to control Hizbullah. The latter is asking for two things:
1- the release of Lebanese prisoners from the Israeli facilities,
2- the withdrawal of the Israeli forces from the Chebaa farms and lining the Lebanese borders by the UN.
After those two are met, the Hizbullah arms have no excuse to stay any longer. (even though the books I read state that David's land extends to southern Lebanon, so a future invasion might be possible at all times, and the Lebanese Army cannot stand against the Israeli high tech weapons, only a resistance group can terrorise Israel from such act... this is why Hizbullah is very important to Lebanon). We as Christians want Hizbullah to be disarmed after those two points above are done.

One thing I want to add guys, please do not rely on your government's statements concerning the Middle East. The US is helping Israel against the Palestinians and Lebanese, it is natural that it fills your heads with crap against the Arabs and they are showing you how Hamas and Hizbullah are attacking Israel, but believe me the Jews are more dangerous than both united (they are having revenge on civilians all the time, our war has been going now for the last 5 days, show me just one Hizbullah armored vehicule or missle launching pad that has been destroyed by the Jews...), God forbids they will not use their Atomic weaponry... (they are nuts enough to do it...). Don't be fooled, just watch the pics on Arabic TV stations (LBC International, Al Jazeera, Al Arabia, NEW TV Sat, City TV NBN, etc...)

The funny thing is that jet pilots attacked Al Manar TV like 10X yesterday, each time they do it, the Station goes offline for 2 mins, then after the Jets are returning back to Israel, the latter just goes online again with the interviews it was having with their guests , the jets turned back like 10X to hit is over and over, each time it goes offline for 2 mins then goes back on again

If Israel cannot defeat a lousy TV station, how can it defeat a fully armed resistance group

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.

Last edited by SilverSpear; 07-17-2006 at 01:00 AM.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:20 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Syria declared their support today, so standby for escalation. This isn't looking so good, and I smell a repeat of 1983. There are probably US Navy ships on their way to hang out in the harbor.

They need to give those two guys back Dan. Israel is using this as a world sanctioned excuse to level Lebanon. They aren't going to deal, because they don't want to deal. They WANT them to hide those 2 guys. Hizbollah is giving them a free pass to destroy your country, with the world shrugging their shoulders... Because Hizbollah struck first.

I'm sorry Dan, but this isn't a smart thing for Hizbollah to be doing. There is nothing smart about this. A miscalculation at the beginning? That can be debated. But now we are talking in the stubborn and dumb region. It doesn't matter how well trained or equipped Hizbollah is, the war still plays deeply in Israel's favor. Egypt was pretty well equipped too... Remember?
Rob, Syria is a sissy sh!t country, they will never interfiere in this war. The statement it did is just to show their support to Hizbullah... BY WORDS ONLY.

Also, I am telling you Rob, Israel is going to loose this one for the simple following reasons:
In the past, the Israeli army was fighting the Egyptian ARMY, now it is fighting a Lebanese MILITIA which is an irregular army having no FIXED position for launching their missles.
Israel has a destoyed tank on the Lebanese border, just a couple of meters away, this is the fifth day and they couldn't retrieve it back and bury the dead!! Two tanks have tried to enter to get it, the first is completely destroyed also and the second was heavily damaged!! Hizbullah is really defeating the Jews!! did they show it to you on CNN over there????

Rob, This War should be labeled Vietnam 2.

I should also mention that the Israeli people is believing Hassan Nasrallah more than their government, when he says something, it happens and it is the truth!!! He is asking for a prisoners exchange with Israel through another country, but the latter is refusing because it want to destroy our economy.

Old 07-17-2006, 05:18 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

This is very interesting SilverSpear. I have a few thoughts I would like to share. I am feeling for you being so close to a war, may all go well for you.

You have confirmed for me that the news in the USA is censored. 80% of the radio and TV stations our owned by the same company in this country. We get told what they want to tell us.

I do not agree with the black/white issue you point out. It has changed to poor/rich issue that will become more evident. So I think your news is censored also.

The USA can not afford the Iraq war. We are borrowing way too much money to support the war. Interest rates will climb dramatically in the next few years as most of our debt is held by interests outside the USA.

More wars have been fought in the name of GOD than for any other reason. I think GOD did not have this goal as the original intent.

I think humans “like” to fight. Short term goals, reactive thinking and winner take all. I would like to be around in about 3000 years or so to see if the “humans” when they get off this planet become known as the “Klingons” to the rest of the universe.

Peace starts with one person at a time laying down there weapon.

True Christians believe in peace and there is no death for them.

I had a great ride this morning in the SVX Speeding at 40mph over the limit, wasting gas in the process, polluting and consuming more of the planet………….

Take care too,
John
Old 07-17-2006, 07:15 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Klingons... snicker... All hail the mighty Republican Zonar! Snicker, snicker. (Being ethnocentric, I of course immediately viewed our World's rep as being from the U.S.)

Disclaimer: This subject is not even close to funny. It's an extremely serious mess where innocents are dying, and that ain't funny.

I just had to snicker at that one single line.

On the serious note, and in reply to Dan.

Dan, a tank sitting on the border doesn't have much to do with the big picture. It's the free pass Israel received to enter your country with military weapons that's the losing part. World opinion would not allow it otherwise. They are leveling your country as carefully and as strategically as they can to keep world opinion at least even. Hizbollah needs to figure out a way to get these 2 pawns back to Israel while saving face. Those 2 soldiers need to "escape" from their captors.

And I believe Hizbollah realizes this now, but they don't know how to get themselves back out of the mess. They are probably calculating that if they do "escape", will Israel stop at this point? My personal opinion? No, they won't.

As much respect as Hizbollah may enjoy over there, they royally screwed up on this one, and the leadership will no doubt end up without a country. We hear what the leaders there in Lebanon are saying and they are just as mad at Hizbollah as they are with the Israelis. It will take them decades to get back on a trust footing with your government again. Hizbollah made a decision without the input of the people of Lebanon that had a direct and negative impact on your country. It doesn't matter how militarily great they are. They are now outlaws. They are the bad guys that drew first blood, and that is how the world is perceiving them.

They now need to re-assess, give back those two guys, and figure out how they are going to survive without ending up as Al-Qaeda II, sneaking from house to house. A prisoner exchange,,, with all respect... is out of the question, and was never a realistic scenario in the first place.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 07-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Arab League

Danny

Is your news reporting that the Arab League has issued a statement that the Hezballoh attack was both "irresponsible and inappropriate"?? So the Arab countries other than Syria and Iran are distancing themselves from the situation and will not get involved. In fact, they hope that Hezballoh does get reduced in strength and importance.

Another question---what are your thoughts on the Lebanese government not complying with UN Resolution 1559 where they were supposed to disarm Hezballoh and secure the Israeli/Lebanese Border??

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-17-2006, 07:43 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Very Strange!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svx_commuter
You have confirmed for me that the news in the USA is censored. 80% of the radio and TV stations our owned by the same company in this country. We get told what they want to tell us.

Take care too,
John
It is very strange that you would assume that the US news is censored instead of the logical assumption that the news Danny is receiving is slanted with much propaganda. Remember it is not only the US news that is reporting the situation but all of the western press.

What Danny is getting is what they WANT his people to see---not necessarily the true picture.
Don't you watch ALL of the various networks (to include BBC) to see the stories and pictures of their reporters actually on the scene with live pictures in Israel, Gaza and Lebanon.

Incredible!!

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Ren-Ma Osu

Danny, I hope you and yours stay safe.

It would be nice if Lebanon could be left alone by all other countries, and if the people there could finally enjoy some peace and manage themselves without outside influence.

It would also nice if Israel could enjoy safety, and become an open country, that all people could visit and live there --- as it seems there are more people in the world than can fit in so small an area --- all of whom regard the area as sacred because of it's history.

It's a real shame that from all sides, each generation sees a new population of children suffering, and that so much energy is turned to destructive energy.

It's a real shame that this conflict and so many other conflicts are encouraged by outside parties for political purposes.

I hope all this ends quickly and that it doesn't happen again.

Dan
Old 07-17-2006, 08:02 AM

Since Danny seems so fond of referring to people by their religions associations, we'll continue that here.

Who exactly are the prisoners that the Muslims want released? Why are the Jews holding them? Did they try to blow up Jewish civilians?

Why is it that Muslims will tolerate (or even reward and praise) someone who blows themself up in a crowd of innocent people?

If Lebanon wants an an end to this, all they need to do is to put down Hizbulla. If you allow a terrorist regime to stay in your country, you are going to suffer consequences.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:05 AM

What do you think would happen if the KKK decided to sneak into Canada an capture two soldiers? Would Canada attack the US? No. The US would arrest the KKK and help effect the release of the prisoners. No drama, no bombs.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Tend To Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis
What do you think would happen if the KKK decided to sneak into Canada an capture two soldiers? Would Canada attack the US? No. The US would arrest the KKK and help effect the release of the prisoners. No drama, no bombs.
I agree with this as I interpret it, but I am not sure you intended it the way I see it.

To me the similarity is that IF the Lebanese government had complied with UN Resolution 1559 and disarmed the militias including Hezballoh and secured the border between Israel and Lebanon, this entire situation would not have happened.

So, I think we are both saying that IF the Lebanese government had been doing its job---this could have been prevented. For some reason, I do not think Danny will agree with this.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 07-17-2006 at 10:02 AM.