SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2006, 02:12 PM

SVX Help, have 3 main issues

Hello ALL!
I am a new member and i've been reading many posts on how to fix my car. But there are some that i can't seem to find exact answer too. So maybe you guys wouldn't mind helping me out a bit. There are 3 main problems that i think many of you are familiar with but couldn't find the answer. So If you guys don't mind helping me out, that would be great.
Here are the 3 problems,

1) Just recently I was having shifting problems in 4th gear. It would seem to go into 2nd or something with high revs. I adjested the TPS (to 0.5 V)wich seemed to have fixed that problem but made others. Now in 4th is seems to only slip into 3rd (not so high of revs) but i only notice it when i am using cruz control.

2) After adjusting the TPS i have been having idle issues. With a warm car it will idle at 1100ish and then tries to drop lower. But the car starts to die and then the revs go back up to 1100ish. And the cycle contines. Sometimes with a cold/warm car it will idle around 1700 and just stay there. But if i turn the car off and on again it will idle ok with the above issue.

3) This issue seems to be known but not solved. Its a starting issue. Sometimes it works fine, but mostly it just clicks about 7 or so times before that starter kicks in. I read similar issues but no solutions. I think its a reply somewhere but don't know where to start. Oh yeah, starter and solenoid were jsut replaced hoping it would fix the problem.

Well those are my issues that i need help with. The first 2 are probably the same problem with the same solution but you guys seem to know this car inside out!! Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, one thing the SVX needs is a Lambo door kit. Would look sick with the Lambo doors.