How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2008, 06:12 AM

Hi Everyone!!

Hello Peoples, My name is Jade.. I'm currently livin in MA. And I can't stand it.. It's only temporary though.. Anywayz, as you can tell I'm new to the site.. So I thought I'd introduce myself..
I'm a certified engine machinist, and I'm wastin my time and skills doin nothing up here in new england..
I do not own an SVX.. I do own a suby though.. I got a gc8, 99 rs coupe.. The RS is basically all stock, I have a custom intake box, suspension, and some other look-good parts.. I have a turbo from a wrx thats goin on, but I'm waiting till I decide what I'm using for management before I put it on...
I also have an old skool accord, that has custom ITB's and ALOT of engine work!!

Well the reason I join your communty is Knowledge!!.. I'm goin to be buying a good condition svx in the next 6 months hopefully, only so I can rip it to peices ..

My plan.. Built H-6 twin turbo, 5speed 4.11FD drivetrain into a Honda!!
lol, yes I know it's sac-relige but, it hasn't been done either! Imagine an STI owners face when I run him from a launch in an old skool honda and beat him!! It WILL BE GREAT, lol...

But anywayz, as I said I"m here to learn, I got quite a bit to do to..

So I got one question to start out with..
Is it true the 3.3 is the same bore and stroke as the 2.2?

Thanx for any help...

And Hi again to everyone!!

Thanx,
Jade
Old 02-04-2008, 06:17 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
O noe's not the honda ^^;. If you can do the twin turbo go for it and welcome to the site. I am sure if you are just looking for an EG33 you can buy one, as I am sure someone has one on here. No need to grab up a whole SVX if you are just after the engine.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 02-04-2008, 08:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXyGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SVXyGirl
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
I am sure if you are just looking for an EG33 you can buy one, as I am sure someone has one on here. No need to grab up a whole SVX if you are just after the engine.
Agreed.

Welcome to the site.
92 Claret SVX LS-L (180k) 09/91 #5,732
06 Suzuki Boulevard M50 7k
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (70k) Storage/hibernation for now.

Past SVXs:
94 SVX Emerald Pearl FWD (Sold)
96 SVX Bourdeaux LSi (Sold)
92 Pearl SVX LSL "Stay Puft" 5MT (140k) #148 (RIP)
95 Brilliant Red SVX LS (162k) 12/94 #564 "Killer Tomato" (RIP)

Old 02-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Jade,
Welcome! You might want to take some measurements to make sure the EG33 will fit in the Honda's engine bay. Given the "boxer" config, it's a little wider than you might thing.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 02-04-2008, 09:32 AM

Thanx to all.. Actually I have done quite a bit of research for the project..
From what I've read..
-The eg33 is 1.5" longer then my ej25.. Even then, it's still super short, (front to back), in the honda engine compartment.
- Remember, honda engines sit "sideways" as they are front wheel drive, which really leaves plent of room for the motor plus piping..
- The honda it is going into is remarkably close to the same dimensions as my gc8
- The reason I compare to the gc8 is because I plan on using drivetrain and suspension components from that car, because the dimensions are so close..
- I know that people have put eg33s into gc8's so as far as fitment, that is not an issue, the actual issue is mounting points and securing everything efficiently and safely...

I'd prefer to buy the whole car because I will need the wire harness and other spare parts..
I am not 100% sure as to what I'll be using for management, thats one of the reasons I'm here..
-Are there any regular forum members that have successfully TT'd their eg33?

I don't know if I'll go full stand alone.. I'd like to make the vehicle appear as stock as possible as if it came from the factory, so i'd like to use the factory/tuned with piggyback ecu, if possible.

I'm also concerned about interfacing the subaru ecu and sensors with the honda dashboard, therefore I want the subaru dash components so can modify them to fit in the honda if needed..

To be honest, I'm only in the planning stages of this project. But it WILL happen. I strive to be different, and this is up there..

Over the next year I will be gathering up everything need for the project..
Vehicles I'm buying for the project
-Wrecked 2004 STI
- 93-99 Impreza L (chasis and suspension only)
- 86-89 Honda Accord DX (Shell only)

Also can anyone answer this question for me?
Is it true the 3.3 is the same bore and stroke as the 2.2?
Old 02-04-2008, 02:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
There is a member or two with single turbos, but no current TT setups. There are also a few members running superchargers. The reason noone has mad serious effort on the TT front is because there is no room under the hood of the SVX for 2 turbos. There have been a few EG33's popping up in other vehicles with TT's however. Check ECUTune.com for possible ECU tuning needs.