Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-18-2004, 08:33 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd
That's awesome and the way it should be!

Are you going to get another SVX or move onto another Scooby? Is there an STI in your future!

-Chike
Just got off the phone with Geico. They said that I will beable to buy it back. That is good. As soon as I get the check from them I'm gonna buy it back and start the fixing up stage.

As for another car:
I'm not gonna get another car while I'm in the states. I just really don't need one. I'd like one but it isn't my main priority.

STi in the Future:
Yes there is an STi in the future... Well Kinda. In about 2 years when I get back to Australia I plan on attending a rally school over there. Then after that I'm looking to buy a 1999 WRX and transform it into a Rally Car. I will however be looking for a Co-Driver. So if anyone knows anyone around Adelaide, South Australia that has experience Co-Driving then I'd love to sheck them out when I get back there. If not then it looks like my friend from England, James, will be the nominee. Keep your eyes open people, I plan on taking the National Australian Rally Championship within a few years. What the majority of people don't know is that while growing up I had the chance to play with many Subaru's on the back roads around where I lived over there. Early WRX's were the absolute BEST!!! when it comes to rallying atlease...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...

Last edited by GreenMarine; 06-18-2004 at 08:38 AM.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:19 AM
Porter

Bah! Get an SVX and rally that!

Remember, the SVX is 1 for 1 in ProRally competition! What STi can say that?
Old 06-18-2004, 10:11 AM

That would be kinda cool but it sure would be hard to find one since there were only 250 EVER importer into Australia by Subaru of Australia... ... I think that if I was gonna do something like Rally with an SVX I would do an endurance rally... Kinda like a "trek accross the Outback" or something like that.. Don't know if they have really long distance races like that in Australia, but I bet they are somewhere...

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-18-2004, 08:30 PM
Superbeast

Where are the pics? Sick minds want to see.

If you need some parts let me know, I got a good nose and (is your inteirior gray ) an airbag and stuff.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 06-19-2004, 09:25 PM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX
dang man, I hate it how so many SVXi get wrecked all the time. I just got mine back about two weeks ago. I think Gas Stations are bad luck for SVXi, I was AT one when I got hit, and you were leaving one.

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 06-19-2004, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak

If you need some parts let me know, I got a good nose and (is your inteirior gray ) an airbag and stuff.
Cool man. Yep my interior is grey... If ya can dig up some airbags and let me know a price that would be great Later!

Old 06-19-2004, 10:13 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Sick mind #2 here!

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 06-21-2004, 07:59 AM

Alright Alright.......... I'll get them up when I go back to my room today for lunch... I've been putting it off for a while now... But in the meantime if ya wanna see the footage on from the Dragon Video this year go to Here and down load the it... My wreck is in there.

Old 06-21-2004, 11:06 AM

Ok there all you Sick minds.... The pictures are up in my Locker... They are in the folder called "SVX Pics"...

Here's a link...

Really sad thing

Old 06-21-2004, 11:15 AM

Oh, mama! Those skid marks were long! Sorry dude. Glad you didn't get hurt.

Was the officer cool or a pain? On her report, did she say what your estimated speed was?

-Chike

Old 06-21-2004, 12:29 PM

Well actually that lady was a park ranger or something... The actual Officer was Awesome though.... For one I didn't have current insurance card on me. Then when he asked my if I was speeding I told him the truth and said yes. But the thing that saved me was when he asked if I was in the military. I said yes and told him the MARINES... Apparently he has a hard-on for Marines or something because he suddenly thanked me for everything and said that he wasn't gonna write me a ticket or even write a report. I really appreciate him being there, but would have rather just called shane ("gotsubarus") and had him come get the car and me get outta there before any cops showed up at all...

Old 06-21-2004, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd
Oh, mama! Those skid marks were long! Sorry dude. Glad you didn't get hurt.

-Chike
Yea the slide must have lasted a good 3 seconds!!! If ya look at one of the pictures there is a bike on the road... The skid marks actually started about 20 ft behind the bike!!! Total distance of skid marks was about 100ft!!! I was shocked though because if you look closely you can see that the skid marks stayed in my lane... I'm happy about that... That means that it wasn't an outta control slide into space. After closer examination you can see that it was more of a unchangeable drift...

Old 06-21-2004, 01:45 PM
arondale

Very, very sorry about your car. Nice to see you walked away!!

BTW...

Quote:
I was shocked though because if you look closely you can see that the skid marks stayed in my lane... I'm happy about that... That means that it wasn't an outta control slide into space. After closer examination you can see that it was more of a unchangeable drift...
What is the difference between "outta control" and "unchangeable drift"??

If you cannot change your drift, are you not out of control? Like you said, you kept it on your side of the road, which would have been good if anyone had been there when you were on the brakes in your unchangeable drift.

arondale
Old 06-21-2004, 02:10 PM

I can't speak for Chris, but from racing cars and following Motor Sports I can kinda understand what he was trying to say there...

"unchangeable drift" would be a slide initiated through understeer (front wheels slipping). Understeer, even though it is a loss of control, is more controllable as your car wouldn't be doing a bunch of 360's in the road. "outta control" would therefore be a slide initiated by oversteer (rear wheels slipping).

From Chris' acct of the accident, it seems like he understeered for most of the slide, and only oversteered at the very end.

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by arondale
What is the difference between "outta control" and "unchangeable drift"??

Old 06-21-2004, 02:29 PM
arondale

ah...gotcha.