Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2010, 11:18 PM

Re: SVX bodykit and front update

Here's a slight challenge to integrate...

BMW 8-series [E31]

Arguably SVX's much farther up-market GT Coupe compatriot, and predecessor.

Not only that, but although I didn't see that Guigiaro had any hand in the design, it does resemble a modernized, softened version of his folded-paper stying... which the SVX also resembles.

Guigiaro does have a history of similar lines with the ItalDesign Nazca concepts, which similarly wore an aggressively horizontal and thin front graphic. A theme in common with both E31 and SVX.

The SVX concept and production cars trailed the BMW E31, respectively, but the late 80s, and future-looking design direction are present in both designs.

one would wonder if with SVX's headlight height already being so short, if an 8-series like nose could be grafted on, without the pop-ups, and just have SVX headlight fixtures under a vertical cover, integrated where the E31 had only fog lights and running lights, and faux grilles. Then somehow converting the twin kidney grilles to something other than a BMW trademark.

SVX theoretically could look very hot with such an aggressive slant-nose profile, and could even integrate the box-flared front fenders easily with the similar rear fenders.

And the very horizontal, wide, wrapped to the fenders look would complement the rear light fixtures VERY well.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 01-11-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:23 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farang View Post

This looks absolutely incredible. I would buy this.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
This looks absolutely incredible. I would buy this.
It is impossible to buy it. This rear bumper can be made only hands. I used idea from new MB Lorinser E. I try to make a similar bumper myself.

Nunquam Non Paratus
Old 01-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Yeah I get that, I'm just sayin' it works really well. IF I could buy it, I would.
It looks better on the X than the Merc.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:59 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:

Quote:

Farang congrats on that rear bumper, you got my thumbs up. If I may suggest one thing though, you make it exactly similar to the MB one, meaning a little bit more agressive. The rear end of the SVX likes that.

BTW, I have sketched a similar design to yours 4 months ago, taking a supercar's design

Hope I can realize it one day...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:23 PM

I have drawn several variants of a rear bumper but I think that the it is the best thing. I had a some problems with my bumper . As I have already started to make it and the new idea has come to my head late.

Therefore I have been compelled to find the compromise. I think my final variant will look in a similar way.

before.....in process

final idea

Nunquam Non Paratus

Last edited by Farang; 01-15-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Oh noooooooo... tell me this is only for the mold purpose? Tell me you are doing this bumper and eventually you will make a mold out of it?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Oh noooooooo... tell me this is only for the mold purpose? Tell me you are doing this bumper and eventually you will make a mold out of it?
My everyday car is BMW X3. Subaru SVX it is a toy..... the dream.... car from the childhood.

I was in small incident one year ago. The front bumper from the my BMW has been damaged. I have replaced it new. I have thought that it is possible to use the bottom part.

Nunquam Non Paratus
Old 01-15-2010, 01:53 PM

It is a small joke. I have seen the picture of Legacy coupe in internet and I have decided to do a similar thing too

my job

Nunquam Non Paratus
Old 01-15-2010, 03:04 PM

Don't tease me like that.

A Legacy coupe... I so badly wish there were one, perhaps combining the best features of the SVX into it.

That silver car looks almost factory.

If the A-pillar seam, profile, and side mirror were left stock in appearance, but canted back like that... (it is a nice meld with BMW 6-series, though... kudos to whoever did it...) Leave the C-pillar hoffmeister kink just a bit more sharply bent, like the sedan's existing one, but with the upper arch of the window line left just like the picture...

The roof needs better rain gutters anyway, so that is good, and I LOVE black-center roofs with A-to-C-pillar arches in body color. A double-pane glass roof (like Scion tC, Mini, Caddy CTS... etc.) would be good in a blacked out roof skin.

Even if the rear side glass was fixed in place, and the door glass frameless... even though not SVX-cool, would be fantastic. (Maybe try it with a completely blacked out roof, flush glass, and window-in-a-window, and basically make the upper half of the car a 2nd Gen SVX... )

Making it a 3-door rear hatchback, with folding rear seats like the wagon bodystyle, would be nearly perfection. (with a short rear deck behind the glass... not glass all the way back)

Give it the 2.0GT Spec B front end, or S402's subtly-stretched fender arches... or the BMW-E60-M5-like K2Gear Reiz front bumper cover conversion...

With a meld between BL Legacy, Tribeca, and existing SVX interior cockpit themes and features, and Recaro seats, (JDM Subies get Recaros... we don't.) the interior would be a fantastic place to be.

That, with a EZ36 H6 engine tuned to it's capabilities (>300hp), rather than handicapped for the 5EAT's unspoken 250lb-ft. limit, and Spec B's or STI's 6MT drivetrain and suspension... STI Brembo brakes and 5x114.3 hubs... and you have what I have long wished for, as a revived Subaru SVX successor. Throw DCCD in with SI-drive, and PSS10 Bilstein cockpit adjustable dampers, all in one adaptive dynamics control system...

Damn. So much potential, yet a product I'll likely never see, let alone drive.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 01-15-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:56 PM

I will dare to show early variants of back side SVX. It is made not so accurately as I had no operational experience in a photoshop then.

Nunquam Non Paratus
Old 01-16-2010, 12:54 AM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
I think the 3rd one there has the best shot at working.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:27 AM

Agreed.

The third one looks the best... and perhaps would look decent slightly more tucked under.

If the rear treatment gets too flat, it makes the rear bumper cover area look overly thick... like the second one.

But the third one is just about right.

But still no love for the BMW 8-series slant nose on the SVX? I still think the SVX headlights would fit where the BMW's fog lights/grillework live, under new lexan vertical covers... with some non-BMW treatment between them.

------------

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 01-16-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:25 PM

I am digging that Tribeca dash and center console though! Don't suppose you photoshop guys can show an SVX with the slightly older style outback hood that had the scoop and hood vents. I always liked that hood, sporty yet conservative.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:00 AM

I have tried to use and combine some elements design from front end of Camaro, Corvette C6 and BMW E31 in these days off. don't know.......looks bad. Probably I don't have the good photos of SVX with various foreshortenings. May be somebody can possibly make it better.

Only one picture which was pleasant to me, I have shown already earlier. It is red SVX with the front from 850 CSi. I just added hood vent.

One more variant of a rear bumper here.

Nunquam Non Paratus