Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements

Old 03-03-2008, 06:40 AM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
While the accomplishment has repeatedly been proven and is once again be proven as the results from using the engine components come in I miss the sense of appreciation.
The appreciation is there. There may even be more of it from silent lurkers than those that do post. I was part of the community for years, going back to Konetic Concepts (sp?) and the yahoo days. If you search, you probably rarely saw me post but I was one of those 'backround admirers'. Keep up the good work (both you and Tom). It gets more personal between you two because $$$ is at stake. I would hate to be in that situation.

My apologies ahead of time (just in case I throw a punch or two in the future). I know I have questioned your product at least once (about the dyno graphs and such). It all goes around and comes around. At any rate, good luck and good work. I kinda enjoy the clashes. Makes the discussions more interesting. Only when they don't get out of hand though.

As for the thread itself, carbon fiber driveshafts are being talked about at the moment. Looks like one of those 90% (it won't work) modifications. Just wanted to add this to the list as a very distant possibility. There's at least one confirmation that the driveshaft is 35lbs. From reading around the net, this does not seem like one of the lighter driveshafts. In any case, there's another thread to discuss the details of the driveshaft itself.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)
Old 03-03-2008, 05:37 PM

I am one of those silent lurkers thats very appreciative of how much time you have put into the SVX. I plan on putting a fair amount of money into her in a around a year and plan on using a lot of the parts that you have developed. I am also a stage 1 v 4 5spd owner and i can say that my car runs much better and stronger after your engine management was installed. I just wanted to post to maybe give you some hope.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
thanks guys
Old 03-04-2008, 11:46 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
2cents:

Mike has worked with me to get the 5psd NA software where it was (listening when asked to remove the rev limiter, adding timing under lockup speeds which resulted in a 14.59 1/4 time, quite respectable over the 15.7) and everything has worked well. I was one one of the first few batches of 5-speeders, and the first person to have a functional forced induction system to make it down the track without issue. The last sentence was a direct result of ecutunes earlier versions of stage 2, of which i volunteered to be the guinie pig for. Had my motor failed I would have blamed myself. We are in uncharted waters.

I now run the Stage2 370cc / flex fuel software in my custom built turbo rig. The car is very responsive, and more importantly to me drivable. I plan to change that profile a bit more to the higher hp figures with the T04B H trim i just ordered; You would have to have a custome made compressor with VAT to be a better fit to our engine.

I have never experienced any kind of knock on this software, weather it be fuel or timing related. I run increased fuel pressure at about 4psi of fuel:1psi of boost becuase i wanted a really rich situation, 11.0 to 11.5:1. I am ok the software does not come out of the box running this rich as its much easier to add a bit of extra fuel then to remove it. I increased fuel pressure to get the fuel curve where I wanted it after a few test drives. That and you can not expect your 100+ K engines to all function at the same level as the next guys

My engine was refreshed prior to installation, which I believe was 4+ years ago now. the Turbo system has roughly 10k miles on it, a majority of which where run on 8-9psi. The car has survived many trips to the strip at both boost levels, and will survive many more with compression up on all cylinders as measure prior to storage in december. To be honest, If i blow something up I will not be surpised however. You have to pay to play.

This ECUTune system works well for my application. I do have a good deal of tuning experience and dyno time on hondas, toyotas and nissans. Most of the time we stear customers to chrome, due to the ability to retain your car as an enjoyable vehicle, and the SVX is something I want to be comfortable in while I am driving to the track. Standalone is not all it is cracked up to be for your average joe, especially if your the first of your kind to be doing it. Unless you have a respectable tuner with a lot of experience creating configuration base-line maps to work off of.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:52 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Alright, lets cut the crap. Lan, when are you going to come out with software for my SVX? 1996 I believe. I need programming that puts the air/fuel ratio spot on 13.0 and for the ECU to NOT cut fuel in between shifts.

*cough* oh......my bad.....getting off topic. Get better soon dude.
***R.I.P***
Old 03-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
I'm not working on the 96 or 97's. Maybe some day if I ever get myself a 96 or 97 bordeaux. It doesn't seem worth the hassle though so don't count on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx View Post
Alright, lets cut the crap. Lan, when are you going to come out with software for my SVX? 1996 I believe. I need programming that puts the air/fuel ratio spot on 13.0 and for the ECU to NOT cut fuel in between shifts.

*cough* oh......my bad.....getting off topic. Get better soon dude.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:20 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Quote:
I'm not working on the 96 or 97's. Maybe some day if I ever get myself a 96 or 97 bordeaux. It doesn't seem worth the hassle though so don't count on it.
It was worth a try. Continue doing what you are. The people with the ECUs generally seem to love it and that is all that counts.
***R.I.P***
Old 03-04-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Yet he posted this many moons ago. I was the sucker that believed him and wasted my money buying a spare OBDII ECU for him to do nothing.

Quote:
The chip for the OBDI ECU's may or may not work on the OBDII ECU's. After I finish stage I and II I'll order a 97 ecu to check. The changes I'm making are definitely transferable to the 96 and 97 years it's just a question of whether they are stored at the same addresses in memory. If they are stored in the same addresses in memory then the chips I'm making now will work if plugged into a OBDII ECU (96 &97) but you will loose the OBDII functionality (on board diagnostic 2). If they are stored at different addresses in memory then I'll have to transfer the same changes to the different addresses for the OBDII cars.

Either way, after we make some of our money back I'll pull the processor from an OBDII computer to extract the code and do what's necessary to make an OBDII version chip.

Last edited by alltrac; 03-04-2008 at 05:51 PM.