How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-05-2006, 02:54 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
KCROGUEDOG, glad you're pretty much ok, and you should be glad you were in an SVX. These things are about as close to a tank as you can get. In my time on this board I can remember only one or two worse accidents, one involving a tractor-trailer. If you were in just about any other vehicle, I doubt you'd alive right now.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 07-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter
As I read all he was doing was showing you all pics of his wreck, letting us all in to his personal life and HIS business. To me that a pretty big thing I'm a very private person. He didnt ask for put downs and driving lessons or openions from people who are just like him who get thereselves into situations like this just like him and mess up just like him. I thik it realy funny how he was told to slow it down by a member and then the same member in a later post says he only wants a 92 SVX cuse it's faster.
That's where you're wrong. He has his pictures up like we should be proud to see his trophy out of his stupidity. Until he realizes and grows up (just as you probably should for riding recklessly on PUBLIC roads) that all the comments are by far in line. Even if one gets through his young and reckless head or from your post YOU as well that's all it takes.

FYI Budfreak RACES HIS CAR on tracks (NOT PUBLIC ROADS) where as young Tom pointed out many innoccent people are killed by idiots such as yourself who do reckless things. Sure you might not kill somebody with your bike except yourself but it only takes one grandma to get freaked out and swerve into someone else.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
That's where you're wrong. He has his pictures up like we should be proud to see his trophy out of his stupidity. Until he realizes and grows up (just as you probably should for riding recklessly on PUBLIC roads) that all the comments are by far in line. Even if one gets through his young and reckless head or from your post YOU as well that's all it takes.

FYI Budfreak RACES HIS CAR on tracks (NOT PUBLIC ROADS) where as young Tom pointed out many innoccent people are killed by idiots such as yourself who do reckless things. Sure you might not kill somebody with your bike except yourself but it only takes one grandma to get freaked out and swerve into someone else.

Thanks for pointing that out to this bright bunch benebob. As everyone already knows, I don't give a crap about what some of you think of me(But some of you I do). All I know is I've said what I had to say to KROGUE and I think he gets the point, so this isn't about him for me now. I'm fully entitled to my opinion and I'm free to express it any damn time I want to any damn person I want(within reason). That's why this is called the land of the free. I felt what KROGUE did was stupid and I told him so and then I offered my advice later on for future situations. KROGUE and I have no probs with each other and I'm sure he understands where I was coming from concerned with his and others safety and concerned over losing one of our few 97's. So basically, Since me and him have no probs, I guess there is nothing to talk about involving me so how about keeping my name out of your mouths for those who don't actually know me or how I drive. Did I make that plain and simple enough?

P.S. I am not completely innocent like benebob may make you think, But I do ALWAYS consider safety of others and myself and the situation at the time before my foot EVER hits that GO pedal.

Last edited by Budfreak; 07-06-2006 at 06:19 AM.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Oops1234567
Old 07-05-2006, 07:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Quote:
I came to this sight becuse I met SVXFILES (Tom) and his wife at a night club saw his car and told him I was getting one soon. He turned me on to you guys. I use to at first post alot. Then I started to notice just how damn openinated and matter of fact most of you are. Man look at yourselves were sapose to be all enthuiseists of the svx. (and somewhat friends) Yet all you guys can do is cut this guy down when he's at his lowest. Do you think for one moment that this guy gives 2 FU@#$ what you think in between all the crap he's going through (Doctor visits, Insurance adjusters, not being able to get around cuse his car's smashed,) not to mention the loss of a car I'm sure he was very into other wise why the hell would he be on here. You people act like you his mother or something. and as far as the smart ass comments on wasting his 97 SVX ..............
IT WAS HIS 97 SVX he can chop it up with a freakin sawsall if he wants.
Maybe you missed the point of this group, we're enthusiasts, we group together to discuss how to keep SVXs running, how to make them faster, and the best methods for keeping them maintained as they grow older. We dont take it well when someone admits to doing something stupid in their car and acts like his wrecked car is a trophy. It may be his car and he can do anything he wants to it but if you read the story behind the accident it sounds as if he's bragging and proud of his own asinine actions. We dont support the death of Subaru's and we dont say "oh awesome wreck dude" when someone posts photos of a totalled SVX that was crashed b/c of someone lack of driving skills.

[QUOTE=The Hunter] As I read all he was doing was showing you all pics of his wreck, letting us all in to his personal life and HIS business. To me that a pretty big thing I'm a very private person. He didnt ask for put downs and driving lessons or openions from people who are just like him who get thereselves into situations like this just like him and mess up just like him.

Umm, actually i rarely speed more than 5 over and i dont **** around when anywhere where someone could be hurt including myself or my car. The one and only place i play is a private drive at the local small airport which is always empty (goes to one hanger which has 10 employees) I never play as hard as this kid was there b/c i know my limitations as a driver and i know if something sudden were to happen i'm likely to lose it at that kind of speed. If he wanted to keep his business private he shouldn't have posted in it in a public forum and open himself to whatever we choose to say. Being a member here i think actually improved my driving b/c i dont want to have to face the community here. I've seen other members here go thru similar things after rear ending someone or doing something else that caused them to crash their car. He's not the first, he's not the last. Its all part of the community, we burn those who burn their cars.

Quote:
I thik it realy funny how he was told to slow it down by a member and then the same member in a later post says he only wants a 92 SVX cuse it's faster. LOL
Faster is better in a safe situation.

Quote:
My cars almost done body wise after that I'm gona let Tom work his magic on the rear end and the turbo and the 6 speed I hope and I dought any of you accept Tom will know about it. 1 more thing when it's done. I'll drive it where the hell I want. How ever I want and at what speed I want. None of you are innocent of following the speed limit or of acting foolish behind the wheel at times. None of you have the right to bash this guy.
That's fine with us drive it how you want, if you crash it dont come on here and act like we're all asses and *****es b/c we cut you down b/c you ****ed up. I do have the right to bash this guy, i've never acted 'foolish' behind the wheel, the 2 near accidents i was almost in i would not have been at fault for and i managed to avoid (much to the grace of a well built car that i swear must drive itself sometimes b/c i have no idea how i missed those accidents) I drive my car like its worth its weight in gold b/c i love it and want to have it when i'm 40. If i didnt love it i'd sell it to someone who did b/c its not worth having if its not loved (Which is why i'm selling my '71 dodge, i fell out of love and someone else deserves to finish the restore job and enjoy it)

Quote:
KCROGUE I got a BUSSA also. I'm one of the guys pulling wheelies at 50mph(LOL) I mean 80+ miles an hour on the freeway. I also at times followed my pals in my SVX. Again good luck with everything.
Well i guess that shows your true character.

Oh and its spelled DOUBT not dought
Old 07-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
P.S. I am not completely innocent like benebob may make you think, But I do ALWAYS consider safety of others and myself and the situation ant the time before my foot EVER hits that GO pedal.
Very few don't break a rule now and again whether it is 5mph over the limit or a California stop at a sign.

I don't think I'd see you post up a speeding ticket though when you were clocked at 110 and were weaving in and out of rush hour traffic. Risk taking yes but stupidity no.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:19 PM

I rear ended a saturn. Am I a bad driver? no. circumstances lead to accidents, even with the best drivers. I speed. But i've not broken another traffic law other than that. swatbelt is always on, ALWAYS check the blind spot, use blinkers well and constantly, never even pulling into the far lane of traffic. i kick people out of my car if they won't put their seatbelt on.

Am I still a bad driver? because I speed?

Glad to hear you're ok, bud, that is MANGLED.

Kind of funny, i bought an svx for the reason you AREN'T buying another svx.

I have to say, that with my one single accident (disagreement with a curb) whilst drifting has proven to me that i'm going to keep it ONLY on the track.

I have done stupid speeding before, but it's way too dangerous and i don't anymore (first time i got my svx i got her up to 130) and i got pulled over once doing 155 in my 240. i actually got let off for that one. the cop was a drifter too o_o. never again will i do that, i think i've just about run out of luck, and don't wanna push it.

Last edited by Sr240sx; 07-05-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:11 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Ibtl

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 07-06-2006, 05:16 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
- Dreaming of Speed - I agree with alot of what you say...but sounds like you are pissed about a lot of things...I was going to take cover with the war of words back n forth. GEEZ

I just want to say...I think it's pathetic to open a myspace page and post crap like what I saw about this thread... but hey...to each his own.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
[QUOTE=msvx95]- Dreaming of Speed - I agree with alot of what you say...but sounds like you are pissed about a lot of things...I was going to take cover with the war of words back n forth. GEEZ [QUOTE]

hey i take these things seriously, i've had 4 friends killed in 2 years b/c morons were driving like this kid. Driving is serious and if he isnt going to take it like it is maybe he should buy a bicycle and stay off our roads. He risked his own and his friends lives while PLAYING in a nearly 2 ton missile going over 100 mph. If he wants to play in his car or bike, thats cool, go find a track having an open call day and see what the car will really do but dont play where others lives are at risk from your actions.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I guarantee you that if it were my car I would have posted pictures. In fact, I've been in a few dings with my SVX and every time posted pictures of the damage...not as a trophy but because if I didn't someone would ask to see them anyway.