Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-29-2006, 06:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
how many svx's left in the USA?

just wondering if i call up the DMV of each state would they tell me how many SVX's are regestered in the state? or is there any other way of finding ou? i have some time on my hands and it would be intresting to know... and a good selling point "Ya know there are only XXX of these left in the USA"... not that i would ever want to sell my baby
need work done? Have tools will travel
Old 05-29-2006, 09:24 AM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
roughly 14,000 were sold in the US over the 5 years.. I'd guess there are around half that left.. maybe less.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:34 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
old topic. It was stickied for a while there, Im pretty sure there was a registry and some other things going on to find out. try doing a search
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 05-29-2006, 09:38 AM
Old Guy

I doubt that the Texas DVM will give you the time of day! Probably the same for most other states. I don't find them to be user friendly. You may have to be satisfied with a WAG method calculation. I've done one for you using data available and relevant. Taking the total number of SVX's imported into the USA and adding a few (very few) as private imports; declaring it a wash with Canadian imports/exports; using NHTSA data for "sporty" new car road life; factoring in a higher "fanatic owner" number, and using miles-driven-per-year and accident incidence per 1000K miles driven in primary market for the SVX, I've come up with a figure of about 8,000 SVX's remaining on the road in the USA. Remember that this is a WAG method calculation, not to be used in refereed journals.
Preston
Old 05-29-2006, 11:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDSides
I doubt that the Texas DVM will give you the time of day! Probably the same for most other states. I don't find them to be user friendly. You may have to be satisfied with a WAG method calculation. I've done one for you using data available and relevant. Taking the total number of SVX's imported into the USA and adding a few (very few) as private imports; declaring it a wash with Canadian imports/exports; using NHTSA data for "sporty" new car road life; factoring in a higher "fanatic owner" number, and using miles-driven-per-year and accident incidence per 1000K miles driven in primary market for the SVX, I've come up with a figure of about 8,000 SVX's remaining on the road in the USA. Remember that this is a WAG method calculation, not to be used in refereed journals.
Preston
wow thats a cool formula... what about car fax and vin numbers? how do they count?... wait 14,000... on second thought i don't like that idea
need work done? Have tools will travel
Old 05-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Way over-the-hill Member

I just got a call from SUBARU reminding me that my 266,000 mile service was about due. Boy did she stumble on the mileage number!!
'03 Forester XS 214,000 miles
'05 Outback 3.0R