SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-29-2002, 05:39 AM
SVXtypeR

Unhappy Sorry dude, NOT an option...

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
well what you could always do is put them on , try them out and see if you like them. If not, just ask to return them, I can't imagine they're being a problem. Personally what I would do is ask the distributor of the wheels what options you have. Good luck, take some pics too!!!!!

chris
For every wheel/tire shop i've ever dealt with or seen, once you mount tires to the wheels and/or mount the wheels on a car (yes even just *setting* them on the lugs) you will render the wheels UNRETURNABLE. (yeah, I think it sucks too, especially when you're not sure if they'll clear with the suspension compressed or at steering lock)
Old 03-29-2002, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Hey Mat, I gotta agree with typeR

Watch out for the trial fittings, especially if the guy is being un-responsive to your e-mails like you mentioned previously. Sounds like you'd have a hard time getting your money back from him if he saw so much as a minor scratch on the wheels.

If you do decide to try and mount them make sure you cover everything that might scratch the wheel (hub, studs, etc) before you so much as put the wheel in place. Don't give this jerk any reason to not refund your $$$$. It sounds like it was his fault in the first place and now he's trying to weasel on you. If you don't mind me asking, who'd you buy them from? It might save another club member some of the pain you're feeling now.

Be careful and good luck!
Old 03-29-2002, 09:43 AM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Thumbs up it's ok now

Well, I called the guy and I can get the 7.5's....I just have to send back the 8's. So, I don't have to risk the misfit anymore. Thanks for the help everybody...I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Mat
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 03-29-2002, 10:03 AM
Lowered SVX

they would have fit.

i am almost sure of it. especially considering your offset was so high. anyway better to be safe than sorry i guess. best of luck mat.

once you put on the wheels you can talk with me about lowering it. trust me.....once you put the bigger wheels on it, you will want to bring it down an inch or two.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"