Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2006, 02:12 PM
*Special* Member

Send a message via AIM to Bwana
Any news on OBDII?

<Refer to title>
1996 Brilliant Red L (AWD). Bought: 6-14-04 - Sold: 3-3-07 - 15.370 @ 89.65
1992 Claret/black LS #4086 (GF's). Bought: 6-30-04 - Sold: 7-29-07
1994 Pearl White LSi Bought: 2001? Sold: 2004?
Old 04-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

I hate to say it...but pull up a chair.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 04-11-2006, 02:32 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
I hate to say it...but pull up a chair.
i think i should bump the old thread and remove you and landmule and put myself first on teh list.

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 04-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelfy
i think i should bump the old thread and remove you and landmule and put myself first on teh list.
You probably should!

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 04-23-2006, 03:47 PM

I believe I just started a thread on this subject about three weeks ago too, and all I ever get is NO, or Good F***in Luck.
-Polyurethene swaybar bushings
-iRotor Drilled/Slotted zinc plated rotors, ceramic disc pads, stainless steel braided blue covered brake lines, powder coated calipers.
Soon - Custom Headers, Cold Air Intake, and Custom Magnaflow Exhaust
*New addition*2000 Volkswagon Golf TDi
(don't worry, it's my new winter beater, gives me more money in my pocket(less gas) and I can park my car for longer periods of time giving me time to work on it and less damage to the SVX from winter driving)
Old 04-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfreq
I believe I just started a thread on this subject about three weeks ago too, and all I ever get is NO, or Good F***in Luck.
i started a thread back when Chike and i still had SVX's.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 04-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
I actually have the technology to pull and write software from the obdII ecu. There's no money in releasing end user tuning software for the obdII svx so if I did so it would be construed as a sign that we are coming after the obdII imprezas and we have decided to go after all the obdI subarus instead. I want to be clear that we are not coming after the obdII impreza market and not send any false signals that we are. We intend to fill the unserviced obdI subaru niche exclusively.

Allthough I don't want to package it up to send to end users I could use it here to do obdII svx ecu's and have you send them into me to be flashed. I may well do that this summer when I get a break from collecting software off of obdI ecus or if I find myself travelig the country in search of obdI subarus if you meet me where I'm at I can flash your ecu there.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:29 PM
*Special* Member

Send a message via AIM to Bwana
Let me know if you're in the Chicago or Milwaukee area ever.
1996 Brilliant Red L (AWD). Bought: 6-14-04 - Sold: 3-3-07 - 15.370 @ 89.65
1992 Claret/black LS #4086 (GF's). Bought: 6-30-04 - Sold: 7-29-07
1994 Pearl White LSi Bought: 2001? Sold: 2004?
Old 04-24-2006, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
I actually have the technology to pull and write software from the obdII ecu. There's no money in releasing end user tuning software for the obdII svx so if I did so it would be construed as a sign that we are coming after the obdII imprezas and we have decided to go after all the obdI subarus instead. I want to be clear that we are not coming after the obdII impreza market and not send any false signals that we are. We intend to fill the unserviced obdI subaru niche exclusively.

Allthough I don't want to package it up to send to end users I could use it here to do obdII svx ecu's and have you send them into me to be flashed. I may well do that this summer when I get a break from collecting software off of obdI ecus or if I find myself travelig the country in search of obdI subarus if you meet me where I'm at I can flash your ecu there.
from 3-30-04
Quote:
The chip for the OBDI ECU's may or may not work on the OBDII ECU's. After I finish stage I and II I'll order a 97 ecu to check. The changes I'm making are definitely transferable to the 96 and 97 years it's just a question of whether they are stored at the same addresses in memory. If they are stored in the same addresses in memory then the chips I'm making now will work if plugged into a OBDII ECU (96 &97) but you will loose the OBDII functionality (on board diagnostic 2). If they are stored at different addresses in memory then I'll have to transfer the same changes to the different addresses for the OBDII cars.

Either way, after we make some of our money back I'll pull the processor from an OBDII computer to extract the code and do what's necessary to make an OBDII version chip.
from 6-15-04
Quote:
Ya, if all 7 are confirmed and commited to purchasing then I'll make it. Just waiting on the ecu now.
from 6-29-04
Quote:
I got the ecu from alltrac. Oh boy, not what I expected. Looks more like the current ecu's than the obdI ecu. There's no rom socket so forget about using our memory adaptor. The memory should be flashable though. So there is good news and bad news. The solution for your obdII cars will be very cool. The bad news is it isn't something I can do in a week like if the ecu was socketed. Just hold tight for now. I'm going to keep quiet on this one till I'm closer to done. That includes the timeline for now.
Needless to say you ended up shipping the ecu back to me. I went out on a limb to buy a spare ecu to make this happen and it never did, never will. I would have kept my 96SVX if I thought for one second you would. Oh well at least I got the ball rolling on the Pheno's and a company (Outlaw) actually followed through with making it. Also if i'm not mistaken you use the pheno's in your kit but nowhere did I ever see you name on the sign up list glad I could help.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:41 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by alltrac
from 3-30-04

from 6-15-04

from 6-29-04

Needless to say you ended up shipping the ecu back to me. I went out on a limb to buy a spare ecu to make this happen and it never did, never will. I would have kept my 96SVX if I thought for one second you would. Oh well at least I got the ball rolling on the Pheno's and a company (Outlaw) actually followed through with making it. Also if i'm not mistaken you use the pheno's in your kit but nowhere did I ever see you name on the sign up list glad I could help.
Would you like a tissue for your issue? There is nothing worse then a grown man looking for attention.
phil
Old 04-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Just some dude.

Geezus man, no need to be hostile. That's just not the direction my business is going.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2006, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phast SVX
Would you like a tissue for your issue? There is nothing worse then a grown man looking for attention.
phil
whatever, I guess your the man that knows what i'm looking for?
Old 04-24-2006, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Geezus man, no need to be hostile. That's just not the direction my business is going.

Fine by me just dont say you can do it in house when you have no intention on doing so. Your words below not mine.
Quote:
I'll pull the processor from an OBDII computer to extract the code and do what's necessary to make an OBDII version chip.
strike one it did not go down like that I sent you the ECU. We started a sign up list you said
Quote:
Ya, if all 7 are confirmed and commited to purchasing then I'll make it. Just waiting on the ecu now.
The ECU came back strike two.

Do you see what i'm trying to get across? I see no intent. If people would search OBDII ECUTune these new threads would not get started. It's the same old news.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Just some dude.

I don't need you to quote me what I've said and I'm sorry you are upset that I'm not releasing end user software. I don't lie. I don't misslead. I don't say half truths. I don't need you to use quotes to try to build a case that I am doing anything like that. If you are reading that out of the situation then you are simply missreading the situation due to your anger. I used to have the intention of releasing end user software for major market obdII cars and was going to release it for the svx as well. My business is going a different direction now and I'm not going to do that.

That said I do have the technology necessary to read and write the obdII ecu. I'm still planning on getting one myself. To make it clear I am not promissing I will take the time to do anyone's obdII svx but I might.

Quote:
Fine by me just dont say you can do it in house when you have no intention on doing so. Your words below not mine.

strike one it did not go down like that I sent you the ECU. We started a sign up list you said

The ECU came back strike two.

Do you see what i'm trying to get across? I see no intent. If people would search OBDII ECUTune these new threads would not get started. It's the same old news.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:21 PM

Quote:
I don't need you to quote me what I've said and I'm sorry you are upset that I'm not releasing end user software. I don't lie. I don't misslead. I don't say half truths. I don't need you to use quotes to try to build a case that I am doing anything like that. If you are reading that out of the situation then you are simply missreading the situation due to your anger. I used to have the intention of releasing end user software for major market obdII cars and was going to release it for the svx as well. My business is going a different direction now and I'm not going to do that.

That said I do have the technology necessary to read and write the obdII ecu. I'm still planning on getting one myself. To make it clear I am not promissing I will take the time to do anyone's obdII svx but I might.
What have I missread? everything I quoted are your words peroid. Maybe you worded your words wrong. thats why I quoted your post and there seems to be some contradictions of what was typed by YOU and what was actually done. We use words to convey are thoughts and ideas. Yet you say i'm "angry and upset" where did I type that???? Please show me. If you can't then your assumptions of my feeling are just that. I get the feeling there is a language barrier here.